collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wisdom Teeth Removal  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Wisdom Teeth Removal
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 08:19:53 AM »
I got injections and mine were impacted so a little bit of bone had to be removed. Other than the fact that dissolving stitches do not dissolve for me. It really wasn't bad sore for a week or so for the impacted ones. The other two were just simple extractions and no worse than losing a tooth as a kid. My mom still has hers (can't tell you her age, but my sister is 37). She has even had a filling in on because they are functional teeth. Most dentists these days won't even consider leaving them in.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 08:27:13 AM »
I know the feeling. I had mine removed and dreaded every day leading up to it but it's over quickly and relatively painless. :)

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 10:07:07 AM »
I had mine removed when I was in my early to mid-twenties. It was done two at a time, first one side, then the other. I thought it was rather convenient that way, as I could at least chew on one side.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 12:35:04 PM »
I have no story but good luck with your surgery.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2016, 11:08:19 AM »
I had all four of mine out, too! It wasn't too bad, they put a needle in my inner elbow and then the next thing I know, I was waking up and it was done. I don't even remember leaning back in the chair or falling unconscious. The recovery period was short for me, but the dentist said all four of my wisdom teeth were nicely cone shaped so they popped right out. I do remember I ate just about nothing but yogurt for the two days after, but after that I ate pretty normally (well I didn't eat, like, fried chicken lol but normal soft foods).

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2016, 04:32:50 PM »
I had all four of mine out at once, I had a bad experience just laughing gas, and nova cane.  I was allergic to the gas and wound up attacking the dentist, and nearly attacked my mom on the drive home. I was in an angry blur for three days, and did not care about how much I was hurting. I also was a bit violent, almost getting someone  in the hand with a fork.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 04:36:12 PM »
I had mine out too with laughing gas. I was about 18 when I had it done. I had to get all four of mine out. Only one of my wisdom teeth was gonna come in straight. :/

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2016, 05:25:31 PM »
I also had 4 additional teeth taken out before my wisdom teeth, would've been six but two fell out before the event.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2016, 07:26:53 AM »
I have my two upper ones still, but both the bottom ones have been taken out on different occasions. My Wisdom teeth had this issue whereby they didn't come through properly, making what did come through impossible to brush fully. So, by the time they did come through, they had fillings and stuff already. In both cases parts of the tooth came away and thus they came out as two separate extractions under local anaesthetic.

I still have my upper ones, but I suspect one of them will probably go the same way soon as it is at a funny angle (because of the same problem) and also filled...

What I remember from the extractions:

They were really quick. About seven minutes from injection to getting the tooth out on both occasions.

Beware of shock, from the injection/bleeding whatever. In my case, my knuckles tend to go blue when I have a tooth out, so I always have gloves in case (depending on how hot it is where you are!). My colleague had the same issue and I loaned her my gloves and it helped. So yeah, that's one thing.

Don't try and suck anything through a straw, drink anything hot, use a toothbrush for the first day.

Salt water rinses from second day, I think - but follow the dentist's advice. I find salt better than chemical mouthwashes since it counters infection - but if you mess with it too quickly you disturb the clot, and that's how dry socket happens.

I found the biggest issue trying to keep food out of the hole while it was healing. That was actually my biggest reason for having three or four days off work (with their knowledge), rather than any discomfort or other issues. It's very hard to keep the site clean at work.

My sister had all of hers out together and while I didn't see her afterwards, being here in London, I think she got through okay. She had the teeth out at the start of December but was still eating normally by Christmas. And she had hers under general, because of having out all four (and my sister is scared of the dentist/prone to fainting/etc).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2016, 02:41:05 AM »
Just called them. The first two will be extracted on July 5. Kinda nervous, especially the sound and feeling of them being pulled out. *shivers*
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:39:55 AM by TornadoTwist »

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 07:30:48 AM »
So they will be removed next week. But last week I visited the dentist to take care of my cavity. But then she decided to take a picture of one as the teeth before that one has been repaired a lot already. Then she suggested that maybe it's better to remove that one instead of my wisdom teeth because that one is like growing horizontal or somth so then my wisdom teeth will take the place of the one in front of it. I think the operation will be also easier because they just need to pull it out instead of cutting and breaking it into pieces *shivers*  Let's hope the surgeon will agree with this as well. :)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2016, 03:38:56 AM »
So.. just got back from the hospital. The top-right one got removed very easy, just one pull. However the one at the bottom is quite a problem... So removing the one in front of it wasn't an option because my wisdom teeth would still be placed wrong, so the wisdom teeth itself had to be removed but... turns out it's too close to my nerve and removing it has a high risk of hitting the nerve, if that happens there could be a change that my bottom lip will loose it's sensitivity. So what they did is only removing the top part of it.

It was quite scary at first because when I got the first injection I really started to feel unwell, I was breathing heavy and I turned white, probably a panic attack because I was quite scared. However the nurses calmed me down and they were very nice. :) The removal of the bottom one was also unpleasant as they were pulling a lot and I kinda felt it. But now that side is done and this August the next two will be removed, the one one the bottom left is the same story as the bottom right so I will see what happens next.

Atm Im still bleeding a bit and quite drooling a lot but I guess that's normal, within a few hours I fill get my feeling back and then it's time for the painkillers. O boy...
But this evening I will have some Tomato Soup and I will also try some Lasange. Good thing I can still use my left side. Well at least I have a good excuse not to snack. XD
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 03:44:32 AM by TornadoTwist »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal