collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pearlized ponies to take over for 2016?  (Read 15010 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: Pearlized ponies to take over for 2016?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 04:06:04 PM »
this is how the crystal empire ponies should have looked, so yeah i agree. they need to get a rarity in this form.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 04:22:28 PM »
Nice that I could get Starlight Glimmer and a new one! Question is do I break with tradition and not buy Pinkie too...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 05:29:48 PM »
I kinda like the name Pretzel.  It harkens back to the early days of g1 when you had names like Seashell, Bow tie, and Cotton candy.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 05:50:51 PM »
Wow, I can't believe her name is straight up "PRETZEL"  That's like naming a pony "rock" or "tree" or "hamburger"

Cotton Candy, the quatrillion ponies named after flowers, Bubbles, Candy Apple, Pinwheel, Butterscotch. What's wrong with simple names?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 05:57:24 PM »
Wow, I can't believe her name is straight up "PRETZEL"  That's like naming a pony "rock" or "tree" or "hamburger"

Cotton Candy, the quatrillion ponies named after flowers, Bubbles, Candy Apple, Pinwheel, Butterscotch. What's wrong with simple names?

Calm down now, I don't have a problem with simple names  :biggrin:
I think that names like "Bubbles, Cotton Candy, Pinwheel, Butterscotch, Posey... well those are all super cute names - names I would name a REAL pony.  But Pretzel?  Not the greatest name I guess to me, although everyone is entitlted their own opinions of course.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 06:31:44 PM »
Man I hope I find these in my area. They look so awesome. I must have em. :D

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 06:46:54 PM »
Man I hope I find these in my area. They look so awesome. I must have em. :D

I agree 100%!! They are amazing. It's something about the pearliness and the glitter. I've always loved translucent/transparent ponies. The water cuties/snow globes had the same effect on me. I wasn't lucky enough to find all of them here.

Offline SkyCakes

• View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2016, 07:51:52 PM »
I agree 100%!! They are amazing. It's something about the pearliness and the glitter. I've always loved translucent/transparent ponies. The water cuties/snow globes had the same effect on me. I wasn't lucky enough to find all of them here.

the water cuties are still on my hit list I will have them all someday. :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 08:47:31 PM »

I think that names like "Bubbles, Cotton Candy, Pinwheel, Butterscotch, Posey... well those are all super cute names - names I would name a REAL pony.  But Pretzel?  Not the greatest name I guess to me, although everyone is entitlted their own opinions of course.

There was a real racehorse named Refrigerator.  >_<

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2016, 08:49:30 PM »

"Is your refrigerator running?  Then you better go catch it!"  Hahahahahahaha

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2016, 05:15:38 AM »
I now want a set of ponies called Refrigerator, Fridge Freezer, Dishwasher and Fan Assisted Oven.

I think Pretzel is a cute name, but Pretzel the food snack isn't so commonly around here - it's come over in recent years but I don't think it's majorly prevalent. So it still sounds like a cute word to me xD rather than 'she's named after a food item!'

There are a lot of G1 names like this for the UK, named for American terms (two good examples of this, Cotton Candy and Tic Tac Toe - in UK English they would've been Candyfloss and Noughts and Crosses if Hasbro had changed them) so they therefore feel more 'unique' in the UK than Hasbro confusing their shopping list with their patents list!

Plus it has to be better than Toola Roola, Tink-a-Too and the infamous Kiwi Tart of Generation 3.

Interesting that Entertainer is spelling Coloratura with a u in the colour bit. I wonder whether that's going to be standard or they just typoed. I actually hope it's not changed. While I don't like the US spelling of the word on its own, Coloratura looks much nicer as a word than Colouratura.

@ Leave a Whisper - I think it's Sugar Apple, not Candy Apple. So that one probably doesn't count.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2016, 05:45:55 AM »
My Australian Uncle had two parakeet named Post Office and Chainsaw

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2016, 07:15:44 AM »

"Is your refrigerator running?  Then you better go catch it!"  Hahahahahahaha

:snicker: That's a good one.

Post Merge: May 13, 2016, 07:16:27 AM

I now want a set of ponies called Refrigerator, Fridge Freezer, Dishwasher and Fan Assisted Oven.

I think Pretzel is a cute name, but Pretzel the food snack isn't so commonly around here - it's come over in recent years but I don't think it's majorly prevalent. So it still sounds like a cute word to me xD rather than 'she's named after a food item!'

There are a lot of G1 names like this for the UK, named for American terms (two good examples of this, Cotton Candy and Tic Tac Toe - in UK English they would've been Candyfloss and Noughts and Crosses if Hasbro had changed them) so they therefore feel more 'unique' in the UK than Hasbro confusing their shopping list with their patents list!

Plus it has to be better than Toola Roola, Tink-a-Too and the infamous Kiwi Tart of Generation 3.

Interesting that Entertainer is spelling Coloratura with a u in the colour bit. I wonder whether that's going to be standard or they just typoed. I actually hope it's not changed. While I don't like the US spelling of the word on its own, Coloratura looks much nicer as a word than Colouratura.

@ Leave a Whisper - I think it's Sugar Apple, not Candy Apple. So that one probably doesn't count.

My bad. ^^`

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2016, 08:15:45 AM »
Ooh, goody! Several non-mane 6 characters! I will definitely be buying all of those, and perhaps some of the mane 6 if they look cool enough. :)

Offline SkyCakes

• View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2016, 08:32:07 AM »
Whoa I think I opened up a new can of worms with this thread.
  I think my cherry treats still smells with that sickly smell everyone described. I also kinda figure Sweet suds smells too. I know when I do have my pony room maybe some of their scents will come back because they are all in  partially open baggies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal