collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you should NOT like!  (Read 5701 times)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies you should NOT like!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 10:50:12 AM »
I read the title of this thread first of all as though it was going to be full of instructions as to why you really should not like a certain pony, because it defies logic to do so xD.

(...I could think of a few of those, but never mind xd.)

Haha, I could name a few too! XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 11:56:00 AM »
I would say G4 talking princess twilight.She's not show accurate in the least, a little creepy when she blinks, her voice (especially her french voice) is horrible but i don't know why i love her.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 12:12:30 PM »
Heart Throb! Normally I'm completely nonplussed by pink ponies but something about her is really endearing to me. It must be the pose!

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 06:01:11 PM »
I love this thread!!!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
ok mine would be sweet stuff from G1 era
I didn't like the pose and I was compared to her and that just made it even worse at the time ya dee ya da... So then I came across one who was mint and thought I need her in my collection (not that particular one) but still have a harsh memory towards her...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:10:30 PM by Starflashbaby »

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 06:16:27 PM »
Those symbol less Nirvana Brazilian ponies. I mean come on why love ponies without any symbols? That's half the fun! I dunno, something about them though makes them so darn cute. I would get them if I could justify the price for w pony with nothing there. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2016, 08:25:43 PM »
Up Up and Away-I don't like pink on pink and think  Pinkie Pie is bland, but for some reason I love Up Up and Away, even though they may as well be the same ponies. Especially the baby. I wish the TAF babies weren't so expensive.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2016, 08:59:27 PM »
I wish the TAF babies weren't so expensive.

I also agree with you, they ate our wallet and spit it out. they are just sooo cute! I love them all. If only hasbro would make more I would be in heaven.

Munchy at first I just didnt care for food themed ponies but, then I was like shes the last pony I need for the set so I had to get her. I mean not many ponies got hot dogs and hamburgers on them. I also think baby custom Munchies are so cute.

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 06:35:23 AM »
I should NOT love Brazilian Milky Way because I will never be able to afford her! :cloud:

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 12:10:44 PM »
Glory. I really dislike the Moondancer pose (makes the poor unicorns look overweight) but there's something about her colour scheme that makes her so lovably regal to me.
Also, Tales Bright Eyes. I also dislike the Tootsie pose, and while it doesn't suit Bright Eyes' inquisitive and knowledgeable personality, I just can't imaine her in any other pose (Bright Eyes being my favorite of the girls in the show is another huge factor in this! I also really love her comic personality - it seems to fit her pose better - a shy but intelligent character is what I see in her toy form).

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline ponytales

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2016, 06:41:59 AM »
The G1 'Brush N Grow' ponies!

I shouldn't like them because I have a weird thing about the angle of their heads. Of course, they have to be that way so you can twist them.

But in person, they are sooooo beautiful to me. I'm in love with their hair - I could play with it all day!
Currently seeking Italian Blue Lickety Split :inlove:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 06:57:13 AM »
The G1 'Brush N Grow' ponies!

I shouldn't like them because I have a weird thing about the angle of their heads. Of course, they have to be that way so you can twist them.

But in person, they are sooooo beautiful to me. I'm in love with their hair - I could play with it all day!

I know! Its so thick and lush, Ringlets and Pretty Vision's colors are a striking contrast with their bodies! I'm thinking I may need Braided Beauty.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2016, 03:42:02 PM »
Snuzzle! I love her, but I'm not usually a fan of collector's pose OR the color pink, and she incorporates both! :)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 04:17:50 PM »
Tootie Tails.  I'm not a fan of the eye shadow look either.  but she hangs around with Shady and de-flocked Angel in my collection, they are all large-pose tropical themed ponies and they work together really well.

Teddi.  Soppy and also a pesky Magic Message with vulnerable symbols, but her symbols are intact.  Like Tootie Tails she's the only one I have from that set, but she nurses the babies during the day when the Moms are out doing what they do.  I love the pink streak and she's really grown on me.

Moondancer pose ponies - but the colours are so amazing that I'm glad I got her and Sunbeam as well.  I can't stop looking at them.

Lollipop.  Just didn't like her to begin with.  Another lollipop pony and I never know what to do with her hair.  It's not curly and it's not straight.  But my sister gave her to me and she really grew on me. She hangs out with the other foodie ponies in my collection. I only have her and Angel in that pose.

I didn't used to like Shady pose ponies but now I have loads including this lovely girl... I would have more of this set if I could afford them!

I sometimes buy baity ponies for cheap that I shouldn't really like, then I modify or restore them and and end up falling in love!

I didn't like sparkle ponies to begin with, haircuts or cartoony symbols.  Now I have Sky Rocket and Sunspot.  Sky Rocket got a mohican at some point which I can live with, she looks cool as anything.  Sunspot has frizzy tinsel and I hate the cartoon face, so I will need to work on her tinsel and and paint the centre of her symbol with gold paint to match her tinsel.  She has a few minor flaws so I think a minor customisation is justified.  I'll re-pink her as pink as I can get it as well.

Baby Glider - I really dislike ponies in nappies but she is a purple unicorn so when I found a cheap one with a haircut I just had to get her.  I've given her a poofy yarn re-hair in white and fluorescent yellowand put her in a tutu, now she looks ace.

Candy Apple - I really dislike the candy cane hair.  So when I found a baity one with no hair I just had to have her! I was playing with the idea of re-hairing her but I found a Grooming Parlour bonnet which the paint had worn off, re-painted the flowers yellow to match the symbols and put a spare rainbow tail in her.  She looks so cute like that she can stay that way.  One day I may do a yarn re-hair if I can get some pastel colours.  The Lickety in that photo' had really horrid hair, I think someone had overdone it with straightening irons.  For some reason I wanted to save her and got back on it with straightening irons doing about three strands at a time.  She has also had a trim and faded completely to white but I just boil permed a wave back into it and tied it with a ribbon.  Those two run a fairground kiosk together.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 04:43:00 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2016, 03:07:17 AM »
I forgot about Sportstime! That pose was such a bad idea (especially for ponies like Sweet Stuff XD ), and I hate everything about sports. Maybe it helps that she's in one of my favourite colour schemes, but I just adore her! Even before she fell into my hands I really wanted her.

I'd like to complete the set one day (I just need Musictime and Paintingtime), which also weird, because the other three aren't favourites or anything. And it's extra weird, because for some reason I'm always drawn to school themed things (ponies, books, series), while I always HATED school. Maybe it's some sort of longing for a school time I never had? I really have no idea. XD

He knows that they're the fool...

Princess Lala

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2016, 04:30:50 AM »
Hikari Funko rainbow dashes... G4 RD is my most disliked pony in all of MLP universe, I cant stand her. However I love her design and the poses for the Hikaris are cute! Plus rainbow and glitter designs on any pony= I'm sold! I own 5 of them including that rare NYCC one! I want the gold glitter one next. Husband wants to burn them and is surprised I like them, he doesn't get the point but they are pretty.

I also don't like metallic ponies, yet I've got a huge collection of metallic G4 minis for some reason LOL.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:33:25 AM by Princess Lala »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal