collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A justified pony purchase: I was trying to be good, I swear!  (Read 585 times)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
After many months of saving, and a few setbacks, I finally fulfilled a long-term goal and bought new bedroom furniture. I had wanted to do it when I bought my first house, but I also wanted my then-husband to work for a living, so that didn't exactly happen. So one divorce and one house later, at last I have a matching set of furniture in my bedroom like a real adult, instead of the black lacquer and hand-me-downs I'd had since high school. I'm excited to have a headboard so I can finally read in bed.

As luck would have it, the universe hates me and the very week that my furniture was delivered, I had to not only buy a new computer monitor, but a "what's that noise?" means I had to put both front and rear brakes on my car  :yikes:

Meanwhile, I still have a lot of stuff that I want to buy to finish putting the bedroom together. I've waited so long for this bedroom. And did I mention that eBay is throwing me messages everyday about nirvana ponies that I would love to bid on??

So I decide to do the responsible thing. I'm going to take a break from ponies, use the savings I designated to finish my bedroom, and focus on putting any extra towards paying off my brakes, which I put on my credit card, while still saving for a possible vacation later in the year. I also need to cool it because moving to days at work means a bit of a pay cut. Yep, got it, no ponies for a while.

But tonight I was on Amazon, buying some little hardware odds and ends to make the room look nice. I had almost enough in my  cart for free shipping. $0.14 short. You've got to be kidding me! So I shop for a while. And I do this  :wine: By myself. Because I've been adulting really good this week, and accomplished a lot, and even went in to work extra today. I still can't find anything I need on Amazon. So I broke my almost-one-week-long streak of no ponies and added the headband version of G4 Starlight Glimmer to my cart to put me over the limit. I'd had my eye on her for quite some time, and she was actually cheaper than paying for shipping! She's adorable, and I really have a thing for the G4 unicorns, even though I've kind of lost my passion for the new releases overall.

In summary, don't drink and decorate, kids. Just say no.  :drunk:
Formerly known as ponyRN.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal