collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: who believes in aliens>?  (Read 4073 times)

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
who believes in aliens>?
« on: May 01, 2016, 10:46:38 PM »
i am wondering how many people in this forum thinks we are not alone in this universe ?
i am a huge fan of the old Xfiles  ^.^
so what do you guys and girls think????
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: who believes in aliens>?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 11:18:45 PM »
I think when we consider the number of stars, planets, and galaxies, the odds are overwhelmingly high that Earth is not the only planet with life. Now, do I believe the stories of people who say they've been abducted? No. As I type that I'm thinking of one woman who was on National Geographic or History saying she'd been abducted numerous times by species from several different planets. I'll have to find a video clip of her.

Offline Lady_Manson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Black Veil Brides,Blood on The Dance Floor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 11:27:35 PM »
I Do My Mom and I saw  That Triangle Shaped UFO Back in 1998 while we were at Our Park we watched it for awhile and then we got so scared that we took off home after Awhile it was scary seeing it

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 11:53:55 PM »
I think the vastness of the universe calls me to believe there is life out there somewhere, but I don't really think people have been abducted or that there's anything to suggest they've been a part of our history as much as the History Channel likes to suggest.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 12:16:16 AM »
I do believe where not alone out here, but I don't believe we've had visitors or if we had, that was many many many thousand years ago.

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Kai, he/him or they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 01:43:41 AM »
The idea that life would only manage to exist on one planet in this incomprehensibly vast universe seems completely ridiculous. There's probably something out there... though like everyone else in the thread is saying, chances are that whatever it is, it's never been anywhere near any of us, no matter what the conspiracy theorists say.
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

Offline Portobella

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Is it about my cube?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 01:59:03 AM »
My inner scientist needs clarification on what is meant by the term 'alien'. Considering the vastness of the universe, I wouldn't be surprised if life has evolved elsewhere. But even if life has evolved elsewhere, it is unlikely to be intelligent as most people tend to picture aliens. And given the magnitude of space and considering that there is no legitimate evidence for alien visitation, I don't entertain the idea of aliens visiting earth at all. Nor do I think it likely they will ever visit :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 05:06:00 AM »
I do, in this great big, unexplored universe, there can't be life on only this planet. It doesn't have to be the flying saucer type alien, there may be planets with only animals, plants and/or planet bound civilizations.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 05:12:49 AM »
I don't know. I stand neutral on this one. I know that may seem irrational. I just would like to know how and under which conditions life had to form. It's not purely the conditions we know that life could exist in. It's just that life seems like such an insanely weird thing to form... It's so strange that I need proof that it has happened in other places before I'll believe.

|My Collection|

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 08:00:55 AM »
Yes, but not in the way everyone makes it out to believe.

There may be other living organisms out there.  Are they more then single celled?  That I don't know.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 08:51:05 AM »
Definitely.

And I want to meet that Giorgio Tsuokalos guy, too. 

Princess Lala

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 09:55:55 AM »
Maybe not traditional scifi movie aliens when the word come to mind, but I definitely believe there is more life out there we aren't aware of yet! Think of just woooow how many other solar systems we have, now many more suns we have in our own Milky Way galaxy, then how many other galaxies there are we can see with a telescope and how many we can't see. We aren't the only planet in our area that had/had water! Hydrogen as a gas is the most adundant element in the universe, it can turn to a liquid or a solid easily if its atoms form a chemical reaction with oxygen atoms so its unrealistic to think life couldn't exist anywhere else. I'm fairy certain there is more life out there wondering the same thing about their planet. We may never know but its fascinating to think about!

As far as aliens with big eyes abducting people or visiting us like in scifi movies... building the pyramids and cutting stones with lasers....nah I dont believe in that  xD
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:02:30 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 10:23:34 AM »
It's funny the OP mentioned X Files. My husband started watching it on Netflix. I'm really skeptical about the existence of aliens. I know that there are lots and lots of galaxies out there that humans will never be able to go out and explore but I lean towards not believing in aliens.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 06:49:13 AM »
Yup! I do!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

mothums

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 09:14:03 AM »
I'd say yes simply for the fact that I feel it would be a real shame if in the sheer vastness of the galaxy we were the only 'intelligent' life forms. I just feel there is no way we are alone. I mean we have barely scratched the surface of space exploration, and there are infinite possibilities about what lies in the places we haven't and won't discover for hundreds of thousands of years (if humanity lasts that long).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal