collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you flaunt your ponies?  (Read 7757 times)

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
Re: Do you flaunt your ponies?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2016, 03:11:55 PM »
My ponies remain in bins, not for lack of space, but lack of motivation to get them out on display.  They will eventually share a room with the ferrets.  This area remains closed off to the rest of the house due to the ferrets' natural smell  :shocked:.  So no, will not be flaunting them.  Very, very few people know about my collection.  And even less know the extent of my collection. 
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2016, 03:14:31 PM »
My ponies remain in bins, not for lack of space, but lack of motivation to get them out on display.  They will eventually share a room with the ferrets.  This area remains closed off to the rest of the house due to the ferrets' natural smell  :shocked:.  So no, will not be flaunting them.  Very, very few people know about my collection.  And even less know the extent of my collection.

Ferrets and ponies? Sounds like heaven! :lovey:

My ferrets loved my pony room. The oldest one would dash up the steps in a hurry to hang out in my pile of pony plushies, haha.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Nebula Light

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2016, 04:27:40 PM »
My husband doesn't mind having the ponies in my room, but when I had them displayed on the countertop...he didn't like it too much (despite being right next to his collection lol).

Now that we have an extra room, I use it to put all of my art stuff and collections.It is also the spare/reptile room, but I don't really care, it's my place  :P

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2016, 04:46:02 PM »
Pretty much anyone I'm comfortable enough with to have in my own little bedroom/bathroom area of the apartment I share with my mum already knows that I have a pony collection, but my friends still never fail to say something like "I know you said you had a lot, but I didn't expect THIS many!". And only about half of my collection fits on the shelf I have right now, the rest are in a plastic tote. :silly:

I'm pretty open about my interests with people. I'm very much a "those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" type of person. I think being open about yourself makes it much easier to see who's worth your efforts. :lol:

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 04:48:16 PM »
Here's what you see when you walk in my door then pan right to the mh dolls.

The glass reflected so you can't really see the so softs, glitter, glow n show, te, e.g., nirvanas, and customs.

If you wanted pictures of my 50's house, those are harder to get.

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 05:30:58 PM »
I don't have my own room as the moment. Liveing with MIL in the front room.

But when we eventually get our own room.
I'll be displaying my glass cabinet with just a few favorites and the rest will go in bins in a closet.

Sigh my own space.. :(

Oh I forgot to add..
When I had my own room yes people did see my collection but most of the response was that it didn't really interested them..they would just say wow. Or think I was nuts.

Very few people actually saw my collection.
So I didn't get much interaction.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:03:34 PM by LightingElectricDream »
:accomplished:

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2016, 04:12:31 AM »
An interesting question, I have been living with my boyfriends family for the last while and we are now in the process of moving into our new hoe-finally! It's not a huge house, the one bedroom with a small kitchen andlarge living room but its enough for us- my concern is where am I going to put my ponies haha, our bedroom once furnished might be a bit too small and I'm not sure if I am ready to fill our new living room with ponies- we are moving into a small villiage and I'm just not sure I want that kind of attention lol the neighbours have a tendency to pop by or walk in- and I'm a quiet sort that enjoys peace and quiet. So it's a dilemma I am currently facing, what to do XD

I may very well buy a large cabinet for the living room anyways and have it towards the back where the dining table will go, that bit harder for "gawkers" to spot lol XD
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2016, 04:25:59 AM »
Mine are in my bedroom, in a beautiful wood bookshelf, near a window! I do not care about sun etc. I want to see and enjoy my ponies and this was the inky place the shelf could go. And they bring me immense joy to see them every day. And I do groom them regularly!  Edit to add - I have some amazingly pink-haired beauties that have had no ill-effects being near the window. I do live very North so that may be why. It's a floor to ceiling window too.

I also have 3 little children who each have their own rooms so eventually I will have a pony room. I'm not in a rush for them to grow up and move out though! I do not care who sees them. They all know the why behind my collection and will help me meet my goal any way I can!

My children love them as well and if they are scared at night they get to borrow a pony guardian to watch over them for the night
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2016, 09:53:39 AM »
I have almost everything in boxes (in single plastic zipbags with silica sachets tossed into each bag), so 98%of my collection isn't displayed, but there's still ponies all over the place. More precisely, all over the living room and over my home office with a few in my kitchen and bathroom also, as there's a constant cleaning, partial restoring, sorting etc. going on.
During summer, they are additionally occupying the balcony for sunfading purposes.

For collection displaying, I only have some on one shelf with all sorts of things I like and some are on my and also my boyfriend's bedside tables. (I just realize there's actually ponies in every room. :D )
As I asked him if he had a special request for his side of the bed, he wanted a pony with super long hair, so there's a Curly Locks sitting there. I was quite amused by him really wanting a pony there. :D
Can't wait to have a pony room in a few months when I move, as piles of boxes are currently taking a whole corner of the living room (not to speak of all the G3 which are in the basement).

So even though I don't do much actual displaying, the rare people coming here find it much. I last got a question what I'm doing with all of these, if I was selling them  :blink: (yes, I do but only in order to get rid of duplicates)... my mother disrespects my hobby so I won't invite her, it's really that simple.   :satisfied:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2016, 10:04:02 AM »
I flaunt my ponies-  I have an awesome display of my favorite ponies (customs) and dolls out in our upstairs hallway- at least I think it is awesome!

I can tell from the faces of people who visit and see the displays for the first time that they are either really interested/impressed OR that I am completely cracked.... :wonder:

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2016, 10:21:59 AM »
I converted my walk in closet in the bedroom to my pony room but it is getting to full. I have a lot of ponies on card or more expensive one so I like to keep them away from the light. Right now I love the Takera and African ponies.

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2016, 10:36:42 AM »
Because I am a more recent collector my collection is rather puny and confined to a thin 5 foot tall bookcase.

I live in a 6 person rented house with my college friends, which as you might guess have more interest in collecting bottles of fancy drinks than multicolored ponies. The bookcase is in my room, which while it is the largest room in the house (I have a walk in closet!) it has 4 huge windows. The room is also painted white. LIGHT CITY.

I have to hide the bookcase in a corner of the room, angled between two doors.. The way I shield them is I have to open the two doors to my room, and angle them so no light gets through to the ponies from the opposite wall windows. I'll have to take pics, but I am so ready to graduate in May and move back home, the ponies will go to a spare furnished room in our basement, complete with a dehumidifier.

I regret not knowing ponies faded sooner, as for the first half of the year my dolls were not protected well from lighting...
Hopefully this strategy protects them enough until May, I have a couple of ponies with I faded pink hair..
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:33:55 PM by Chelsea7 »
My Tumblr

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2016, 02:25:03 PM »
I love hearing everyone's different situations. :)

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2016, 03:49:58 PM »
added pictures to my original post on the first page... the motto here in this house, is if you can't build out, build up...

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline mlpkatie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2016, 04:53:24 PM »
I am still in high school, so when i talk about my 1300+ pony collection and pony room, others don't realize I am telling the truth! Its not until I show them photos or they ask one of my other friends about it they start to believe. Most friends have seen the pony room, and all my family has. But some people have no clue I even like them! My grandpa (who I live with) often has friends over from his golf club, and While he's showing them around our house, he will ask me if its okay to show them the pony room, and I don't mind. My grandpa saves it for last, and they are mind blown because ALL of my pony related things stay in that pony room - no ponies in any other room.

I would love to have my ponies out and open when I have my own place one day, I don't care what anyone has to say about them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal