collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Yellowed g1 play set plastics  (Read 265 times)

Karebearcntdwn

• Trade Count: (0)
Yellowed g1 play set plastics
« on: April 17, 2016, 03:12:23 PM »
I've recently acquired yet more G1 ponies, a collection that could not move with the owners mother, that included a nursery, play stable and 30 or so ponies. Some of the ponies have brown spots, there is a galaxy missing almost all of one hoof, other ponies with mice nibbles and the play sets have some yellowing.

My problem isn't so much with the ponies as it is with the play sets. I have read online you can use the same peroxide in the sun trick as you use with ponies but I've also read that it could ruin colored plastic. This is where my problem resides as the roof pieces on both play sets have turned orange in spots. Does anyone know how to cure this or are they stuck like this forever? Unfortunately I cannot keep them and they will be up for sale so I'd like to get them as spiffy as I can. (It kills me to have to sell them, but lack of pony real estate is forcing me to decide on whether to collect ponies or clear room for play sets.)

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Yellowed g1 play set plastics
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 05:16:44 AM »
Hello! It sounds like you don't have much to lose really if you want to experiment with trying to remove the yellowing. My experience w/ my Pretty Parlor was that the discoloration on the blue sections didn't budge and the white parts did get whiter but over time began to yellow again. I have seen someone have great results on the roof of a Lullabye Nursery but I don't know if the results lasted. It's a lot of work, so I'd keep in mind that 1) you're planning to sell them and 2) you may not get much of anything for them. The stable and nursery are extremely common, and as shells you just about have to give them away b/c of shipping. So unless you're itching to try your hand as daily peroxide treatments for yellow plastic, I might just offer them to anyone who wants to pay for shipping!

Good luck giving some TLC to those poor ponies!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal