collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lullabye Nursery ... is there a difference for the version from France?  (Read 736 times)

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
Other than the My Little Pony on the front of the nursery being in French is there any other difference between the version from France and the US or UK? Curious if there are any other differences or if it is simply the writing on the front of the nursery. Thank you. :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I can't be 100% certain but my childhood Nursery (here in the UK, which I got in 88 I think, for Xmas) had stickers for French and German and English, so I am assuming that Nursery was available in France as well. That was the later West German made Nursery, which also has the flat round sticker for Tiddly Winks (in English) and for the Nursery (in French and in German).

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/lullabye_nursery.htm
I have some pictures of the box and stickers and stuff here.

I know you can get the accessories in different colour schemes - some like the drawn version, some like the box photo, as I have the one like the box and my sister the other one. Hers is second hand with no box.

I thought there were some variations on the blocks but I don't know whether that is a pan-European thing or what...

So for that you will need a real expert on accessories and playsets.

I would guess, though, that France's is the same as the UK. My Nursery had the German rainbow on the front for the longest time when I was a kid, so the fact I had that option makes me think it's the same, at least by 1988ish.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
Taffeta, that is really fascinating. Had no idea that one could pick which rainbow sticker to put on the nursery, if it came with more than one option. How neat! That's a pretty nice extra so one could decide if they wanted it in French, German or English for the writing on the rainbow. Thank you so much for sharing that link. :D Really do appreciate it. It was great fun to read and see the pictures.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
This is some really neat info!! :happy:
I'm a sucker for the babies, and the nursery is my favorite playset, so I really enjoyed this. :D

Thanks for sharing, Taffeta!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Taffeta, that is really fascinating. Had no idea that one could pick which rainbow sticker to put on the nursery, if it came with more than one option. How neat! That's a pretty nice extra so one could decide if they wanted it in French, German or English for the writing on the rainbow. Thank you so much for sharing that link. :D Really do appreciate it. It was great fun to read and see the pictures.
No problem. What I don't know is whether older versions of the Nursery in the UK also had those sticker options, or whether it was only the later West German made one that did.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal