collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Neko Atsume Thread!  (Read 6503 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
The Neko Atsume Thread!
« on: April 16, 2016, 01:37:56 PM »
:kitty:
Hey everyone! Hopefully this will be a fun thread for any fellow cat collectors! x3

For those who don't know what Neko Atsume is, its a free downloadable cat collecting game for your smartphone! Its been avalible since last year, but it seems to be really catching on right now! All you do is lay out food and toys, and check back every half an hour or more to see if any kitties visited you! You can take pictures of the cats in your yard and keep them in the game's scrapbook album. When they leave, the kitties give you gold or silver fish (currency in-game) so you can buy more items to attract different and even rare cats in the "pet store"! Its so simple yet addictive! These crazy kitties have taken over my life (again!)!

We can talk about merchandise and crafts for this franchise too! For example I really want to order that baseball-tee sweater hoodie if everything this week works out for me! Its in Asia size, so I have to get an XL for about a size medium in US size. I'm also thinking of crafting some satin bows based of the cats (I'm so shy about it, though people love my bow-making skills!) and I want to order the blindbox figures! Ahhhh!
:squee:

So, how many fellow kitty collectors do we have here and what is your yard like? How many kitties have you collected? Favorite kitties!?

Here is my yard atm:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tubbs LOL and Senor Don Gato (he still hasn't left!)
I've got 21 different cats in my photo album but only because I recently downloaded this game on my newer phone so I started from scratch. I have been visited by almost 30 cats so far since I restarted! Saving those gold fishies for the room expansion so I can get my zen garden back! x3 This game is very distracting as all I want to do is keep checking my game, its quite exciting when I see a new cat! My absolute favorite is Marshmallow! :heart: Also a fan of the Chef cat, Pumpkin, Spooky, and Cocoa!

Come on in and let's talk about hoarding pictures of these virtual 2D cats! xD
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:42:54 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: The Neko Atsume Thread!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 01:57:36 PM »
I already mentioned it in the shoutbox, but I've named a lot of the cats after my friends based on personality. They all honestly think it's hilarious that I did that. :lol:

The only cat I didn't rename is Gabriel, because that's my husband's name. So yeah.

I've gotten pictures of all of the cats now, including the 4 newest ones. Sapphire is so cute and proper! I love her dress!

I'm gonna rename Jeeves to Alfred because obviously.

So yeah, funnily enough, I'm not a cat person. I'm highly allergic, but this game is perfect for me. I've also found myself calling my neighbor's cats by the original names in Neko Atsume. She has like...15 cats and they all resemble different cats from the game (they also love me even though I'm constantly sneezing and itchy around them). I need to take pictures of them to compare to the the Neko Atsume ones.
Instagram / Want List

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 02:22:52 PM »
This game is my whole life!
I need two more kitties! Then it will be complete until next update, but I miss them or they never come lol.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 02:53:27 PM »
Tubbs is best cat. :)
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 03:18:26 PM »
All I'm missing is apricots momento,  then I have everything in the game! Also chairman meow is my fav.  :lol:

EDIT: This just in! Apricot just brought me hers a few minutes ago! I am done! (still going to keep playing of course) :lol:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 06:18:06 PM by okamigirl64 »

Princess Lala

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 08:07:34 PM »
@RainbowrifficRenia I know how that is! I'm also allergic to cats, but I'm actually more allergic to dogs! Agree though this game is perfect for people like us! x3 What if they made a ferret collecting game? Ferretto Atsume! x'3 I kind of did something similar with the cats IRL! I saw a greyish black cat on Google and said it looked like Shadow!

@pikashoes ahhh this game does seem to be my life right now too! Good luck on the last two kitties!

@MTM haha I love Tubbs! x3

@okamigirl64 wow so many mementos! I only got one back on my older phone, I'm guessing the more you play the game the more easier it is to get them? They seem to be random! Congrats on the collection!

Anyone interested in the blindbags? They are so cute! Let me find a picture and possible my a link!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 08:09:07 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline okamigirl64

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 08:57:43 PM »

@okamigirl64 wow so many mementos! I only got one back on my older phone, I'm guessing the more you play the game the more easier it is to get them? They seem to be random! Congrats on the collection!

Thanks! It is completely random. Usually if you leave out there preferred items they are more likely to come, and more likely to leave you a momento! The worst one for me was peaches! I used to call her (the "insert bad word here") because she would come and not give it to me! (this was before the update so she was originally the last one I need)  :lol:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 09:07:40 PM »
LOL Everyone seems to be obsessed with this game and I just can't figure out the appeal. Maybe it'd be more interesting to me if it were hamsters. *shrugs*

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 09:46:32 PM »
LOL Everyone seems to be obsessed with this game and I just can't figure out the appeal. Maybe it'd be more interesting to me if it were hamsters. *shrugs*
Its a really easy way to become the owner of 30+ cats, without actually owning 30+ cats. xD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Princess Lala

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 10:04:12 PM »
Kaoskat, no joke I thought the same thing when I first started playing! I was like, "how are people addicted to this? Its not that interactive!" and soon enough I kept going back...and back then yeah xD I do think there's a puppy version like this game? Hamsters would be adorable!
:hamster:

Blindbags!
https://dzasv7x7a867v.cloudfront.net/product_photos/36054192/QQ_E6_88_AA_E5_9C_9620151022015834_original.png

So I'm torn between these two jackets...  I love them both! They aren't official, but I still think they are cute. I can't decide which one to get because I love the print on the left one, but I'm a hoodie kinda gal! Gotta have a hood since all it does is rain here year round. There's a preorder for better looking ones, I saw a preorder for a pink jacket and I saw a neutral tubbs cardigan!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:15:47 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 08:59:37 AM »
I'd love to play, but NOT if it's on a smartphone, sending personal data off to god-knows-where.  :(  It looks so cute but clearly no desktop version...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline okamigirl64

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 09:01:38 AM »
I'd love to play, but NOT if it's on a smartphone, sending personal data off to god-knows-where.  :(  It looks so cute but clearly no desktop version...

The app itself doesn't ask for any personal data if that's what you are worried about. The only download you have to do is though the app store, and it's free! ^.^

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 09:27:31 AM »
My sister has this on her phone :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 11:03:04 AM »
*Squee* I love this game! For the most part, I've been kind of lazy with renaming the cats, except for calling Chairman Meow 'Hodgson', after William Hope Hodgson who fought in World War I and wrote Carnacki the Ghost Finder (words cannot describe my love for that book!) Pepper and Ginger would have to be my favourites, although I really like Saint Purrtrick because Nekomatas are one of my favourite varieties of folkloric cat. :nerdy:
I have everything on there except for Peaches' memento - she's visited 37 times and still no sign of it; fingers crossed she makes with it sometime soon.
Here's my garden in the midst of some serious slacktivity. XD

Princess Lala

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 12:59:27 PM »
^ Wooooooow omg soooooo many kitties on-screen! x3 I haven't seen that brown kitty yet! In love with the crossiant hide! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal