collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you should like, but . . .  (Read 5947 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Ponies you should like, but . . .
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2016, 12:37:08 PM »
I didn't even know there was a starhopper with a yellow mane and tail initially, I always had the red version, a childhood favorite actually...the other version just looks...Bleh, glad Hasbro fixed that.

Do you mean the white haired version?   Or maybe you're thinking of Sky Rocket?  She has brilliant red hair. :)

I agree that the yellow hair just looks too "loud" on Star Hopper.  I much prefer the mail order version.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2016, 12:37:38 PM »
I didn't even know there was a starhopper with a yellow mane and tail initially, I always had the red version, a childhood favorite actually...the other version just looks...Bleh, glad Hasbro fixed that.

Red Starhopper? Do you mean green?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2016, 02:52:15 PM »

If you're talking about the picture I posted, she's an alternate rehair.  I did a custom restoration of the pony, since she was in pretty bad shape when I got her.  The only two official Starhoppers had either yellow or white hair.

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2016, 04:25:41 PM »
sorry folks, sorry...I had a MAJOR brain fart, I was thinking of sky rocket, had a mixup...

this is what happens when you have your ponies packed away for a few years ><

Do you mean the white haired version?   Or maybe you're thinking of Sky Rocket?  She has brilliant red hair. :)

I agree that the yellow hair just looks too "loud" on Star Hopper.  I much prefer the mail order version.

*lol*...I was looking them up shortly after I made my reply and was like 'oops...wrong pony'

It's a lovely re-hair though!

:sheepish:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:29:14 PM by Big_Brother_Bufftusk »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2016, 01:14:22 AM »
I should add NSS Shady. I love Shady in the cartoons and am not to keen on So Softs, so NSS Shady should be right up my alley. Nope. I think it may be that her colors are just too bright for my liking. But to quote Molly in the Glass Princess, "Shady, it's not your fault. No one in the world is perfect."

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2016, 08:09:10 AM »
I should add NSS Shady. I love Shady in the cartoons and am not to keen on So Softs, so NSS Shady should be right up my alley. Nope. I think it may be that her colors are just too bright for my liking. But to quote Molly in the Glass Princess, "Shady, it's not your fault. No one in the world is perfect."

NSS Shady really does require Sunglasses to look at her properly. I bet you could hear eyeballs sizzling everytime a kid got one. :lmao: I love SS Shady though and need her again. She's so cute.  G4 Water Cutie Flower Wishes reminds me of her a lot. Maybe she's a descendant?

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2016, 10:20:54 AM »
I realise I'm probably in the minority here but I never really liked the twinkle eyed ponies.  I seem to remember having Fizzy as a child but I've no inclination to get them again

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2016, 08:48:40 AM »
I collect princess ponies, but I want nothing to do with the eyelash ones. Those things are creepy!!

I'm also weirded out by the mechanisms on the Dance 'n Prance ponies. I need to get one of these and hopefully get past that because some of them are lovely colors and they are all entertainment themed, which is awesome.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2016, 09:20:44 AM »
I collect princess ponies, but I want nothing to do with the eyelash ones. Those things are creepy!!

I'm also weirded out by the mechanisms on the Dance 'n Prance ponies. I need to get one of these and hopefully get past that because some of them are lovely colors and they are all entertainment themed, which is awesome.

I agree with you about the Dance n Prance ponies. I would love to own Tap Dancer, Swinger and Player, but I can't get over those knobs and weird tails.  >_< One fanfic writer made them dancing robots, which I think is a great explanation.  :lol:

Speaking of which, Happy Tail ponies, Tall Tails, Woosie and Romper are  beautiful, but those tails just ruin them.

Something puts me off about the Raincurl Ponies.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:26:03 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2016, 11:15:43 AM »
I forgot about Shoreline. XD I love her pose, I love her colour (and I adore TAF Merriweather who is almost identical), but her symbols look like discount stickers. XD

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2016, 02:06:39 AM »
Blue-hearts Dazzleglow. I like her without them, and blue's my favourite colour. But eeeccchhh... I don't know what it is about those blue hearts, but they just make her look diseased. Poor Dazzleglow. :(

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2016, 09:49:46 AM »
I should have liked G4 Twilight Sparkle. Purple is my second favorite color and I like unicorns. I saw a lot of traits in the early animated Twilight Sparkle that I also see in myself. She loves to read, has only a few close friends, has trouble making friends at first and also has to be reminded to not study so hard sometimes, but I only own a few blind bags of her and 2 Princess Twilights.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2016, 09:56:53 AM »
I should like Wave Runner.  She has sea pony symbols, that's so cool!  And her color scheme is okay--I'm not in love with it or anything, but it's fine.

But for some reason she always reminds me of a grandma's bathroom.  :/
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Pierlala

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2016, 02:53:29 PM »
'Collector pose' ponies...I Really should like these, they kicked off the G1's and without them when wouldn't have everything stellar that came after...

Don't get me wrong, I don't entirely dislike them, But they don't display well for me and look downright depressed next to the other later edition G1 ponies.  :|
I think it too, my Macau Butterscotch looks depressed compared to my other ponies.

Hahaha exactly! I just don't like them! They look so dull and litteraly all the same! Another thing I don't like about them is their big rump...no offense, but it looks out of proportions.
My wish list: Click here!.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal