collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sailor Moon: Crystal Season 3 and general SM discussion!  (Read 8739 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Sailor Moon: Crystal Season 3 and general SM discussion!
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2016, 05:53:01 PM »
I had to Google who Fish Eye was, I think I remember that character! The athlete? See even as a kid I still would have enjoyed that character being a boy! I've always even as a kid been crazy open minded over that kind of stuff. Dang it America English dubs, why they gotta go changing good stuff LOL. I swear I was supposed to be born in Japan, I love the lgbt community, especially in anime! I love self expression and love in any form!!! Personally, I think guys that pull of an amazing convincing girl appearance (whether crossdressing for fun or for idenity) is really hot, and girls that look like those lean and attractive guys is also very hot omg especially in anime! :drool:

But yeah I had no idea Fish Eyes was a guy! I like that much better!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:10:53 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2016, 11:02:53 PM »
Yeah.... watching them as a kid had me SUPER confused, and I didn't know what homosexuality was.... I kept thinking "I sure don't act like that with MY cousins...." But seeing Uranus kiss Usagi made me flip out! Don't touch her!!  :mad:  She's got her Mamo-chan, and a future family to think about! Don't mess with her poor little head! Cheating Uranus....
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2016, 11:27:05 AM »
I had to Google who Fish Eye was, I think I remember that character! The athlete? See even as a kid I still would have enjoyed that character being a boy! I've always even as a kid been crazy open minded over that kind of stuff. Dang it America English dubs, why they gotta go changing good stuff LOL. I swear I was supposed to be born in Japan, I love the lgbt community, especially in anime! I love self expression and love in any form!!! Personally, I think guys that pull of an amazing convincing girl appearance (whether crossdressing for fun or for idenity) is really hot, and girls that look like those lean and attractive guys is also very hot omg especially in anime! :drool:

But yeah I had no idea Fish Eyes was a guy! I like that much better!

Actually I think that it is only in Japanese MANGA and anime that the culture is so accepting-  that is not really the case at all in actual Japanese society- which is QUITE repressed and incredibly traditional/sexist/homophobic.  I think that Manga and anime and even Harajuku culture- is probably a way of pushing back against the generally repressive and oppressive culture that Japan can have against its nonconformists.

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2016, 12:38:35 AM »
that is not really the case at all in actual Japanese society- which is QUITE repressed and incredibly traditional/sexist/homophobic.

This is true, but I think it's also important to add that these views in mainstream Japanese society are largely the result of misunderstanding, rather than the violent hatred you often find in some other cultures, so while discrimination definitely still exists, it's not nearly as physically dangerous in Japan. (lower crime rate overall -> less hate crimes too) ^.^

Anyway, Sailor Moon. Absolutely can't wait for Sailor Saturn!  :lol:

Princess Lala

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2016, 10:10:07 AM »
Omg so I'm freaking out over this sailor moon promotional candy from Kabaya- i know Hmart and possibly any Asia market that sells Japanese candy sells this! I buy this brand all the time, but with the regular necklaces. I'm sure they will stock wave 2 when it comes out in a few months! I neeeeeeeed everything in this set omg! If I see it when it comes out I will be sure to buy a bunch and sell/trade extras :heart:
http://www.sailormooncollectibles.com/2016/03/21/sailor-moon-premium-sebon-star-moon-crystal/

The necklaces are plastic, but they are decent quality. I own a small collection of Kabaya Sebon Star jewelry and while they are for kids, I wear mine out in public because ahhhhhhh they are so cute!  :blush:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2016, 08:53:17 AM »
So...yesterday's episode was interesting.

Also, not sure if it's spoilery or not since it's just about the opening and ending songs, but...

I'm a little bummed that they already changed the ending song. The new one is cute and all, don't get me wrong, but changing it after 4 episodes? Weeeeiiird. Also, the singer for the opening is different all of a sudden. What?

In other news, I picked up most of the new Sailor Moon POP! figures! My Hot Topic is awesome and when they posted a picture of their newest figures on Facebook the other day, I asked if they could hold the HT exclusive Sailor Moon for me, and the manager replied to me and was like "We'll hold all the others for you too in case you need them!" :biggrin:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So obviously I'm missing Sailor Mars, my favorite. :lol: But she's listed on the site now, and I expect one of my local HT's will have her in store soon. I also want the regular Sailor Moon and Luna without the bandages on her head.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2016, 11:09:11 AM »
Wow they are really sticking close to the Manga on this one- some of those lines were near word for word from my recollection-

It reminds me that I had SUCH a crush on Haruka when I first watched those Japanese subs in the early 2000s

I actually like the new ending song- so cute!

Princess Lala

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2016, 04:46:35 PM »
I finally watched the newest episode! I really loved it, my husband is really starting to love this series. I loved seeing usagi, chibiusa, and mamu all sleep in the same bed like a family and chibiusa watching them kiss in front of her :heart: I found it really touching when usagi and mamu-chan helped design chibiusa's art project into something so extravagant! It made my hubby and I really mushy and happy after the heartache we went through today. :heart:

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2016, 02:10:16 PM »
I was hoping we'd see Sailor Pluto's transformation or some interaction with her and the other senshi in episode 6 but at least we should see some next week. I can't wait!
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2016, 01:54:46 AM »
Omg, that OP "Dead Scream" though! I mean, it obviously helps that Tellun wasn't expecting the attack and so she wasn't ready to absorb it.... but the Heart Attack failed! That's powered by Neo Queen Serenity! Then Pluto comes and BOOSH. Literal dead scream.... Tellun dies with a terrible scream and then they're surrounded by dead plants. Not a planet my fat patooty! And Pluto isn't even the most powerful Sailor Scout....
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Princess Lala

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2016, 11:28:31 AM »
Eeeek so I went up to the anime store and bought Tuxedo Mask shfiguarts! Now I have the "royal family!" Although chibiusa went missing...I think she is stilll packed away because we swore we were going to move last March! xD I've got Usagi displayed on the TV stand! AHHHH BRAG PICS LATER! Tuxedo Mask is so hot and my childhood crush, I'm glad I own a figgy of him now!   Here are two pictures from my IG, I will play with all his accessories and such later!

"OMG!!" *instert fangirl squee* YOU BOUGHT ME A NEW BOYFRIEND!

"You need to lay off the pork buns, Bun-Head!"
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 03:53:07 PM by Princess Lala »

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2016, 01:21:49 PM »
Haha, yeah, Dead Scream is super OP! That was a good episode, though.

Congrats, Lala!

I caved and bought a Sailor Mars POP! figure on eBay because it had free shipping and was cheaper than what Hot Topic sells them for. So now I have them all!
Instagram / Want List

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2016, 10:54:25 PM »
*drools* The episode for this week was amazing! So much love for how Super Sailor Moon looks and a more fleshed out background story of Sailor Saturn's wakening in the Silver Millennium. PB would come out with that gorgeous Super Sailor Moon Pullip after that episode.  >_<My wallet cries between the doll and the new Petit Chara set with Small Lady and Helios. :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2016, 09:39:48 AM »
I have been trying to avoid looking at those gorgeous Pullip dolls... I feel like buying one would cause a landslide and I'd end up wanting/needing them all.

I really liked the last two episodes, I can't wait for the next !!!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2016, 09:43:14 AM »
My husband and I burst out laughing at the end of the last episode (because we're terrible people). It's like "Chibi-usa isn't breathing." Cue happy go luck ending song featuring Chibi-usa. :lol:

I'm excited for next week's episode, though!
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal