collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you ever thrown a pony in the trash?  (Read 4180 times)

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever thrown a pony in the trash?
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2016, 03:28:39 PM »
Nope. But I threw a flutter pony wing away by accident :(

Jules x
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2016, 03:35:07 PM »
Never!  Gosh, it took me forever to even start selling duplicate ponies, I could never throw one away! :(

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2016, 03:53:02 PM »
No, never! I get all anxious even thinking about it  :|

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2016, 03:48:49 AM »
I will always try to clean and/or restore ponies I come across (or any collectible, for that matter). Heck, I  found some baity G1 ponies in a skip recently (I know, you should have seen my face!  :shocked:) and I cleaned them up and sold them on as custom bait.

However I once had a massive box of 60+ G3s that I bought on eBay. Most were in good to OK condition, but there were two baits: One was a Star Catcher (poor girl) and the other was a Divine Shine whose name I didn't get. The reason I didn't get her name is because she was the mangiest pony I have ever clapped eyes on. She had the typical plasticiser leakage and mysterious stains and smelled like she'd been living in a drain her whole life. :crazy: Instant toss into the bin. I do regret it a little bit, but I don't think the combined efforts of every collector on this board could have saved her.
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2016, 08:34:28 AM »
Nope, I make an effort at work (thrift store) to save every pony (and non generic Toy as well) I find. And buy then before they would get salvaged from the store, but I'm sure millions of ponies and other collectable Toys have been thrown away there :(
Lost Champ Care Bear (who I've wanted forever!) to a co worker who just hates stuffed animals and would make work hell if I tried a third time to take him out >_< so ridiculous if I'm going to pay money for it DX
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2016, 08:43:53 AM »
N-- oh wait.  Yes, I once threw away a terrible-condition BBE Sleepy Pie.  I had about a dozen of them in bait lots I was trying to sell, but I felt this one was beyond even customisation.  I actually felt kinda guilty to inflict it on someone it was that awful!

Aw, applejackbunny  :hug:  it's okay!! we still love you!  I think all of us (especially those of us who had them as kids) have done something regrettable to a pony at some point in our lives *cough cut hair in my case, cough*.  Hey, you never know, in 500 years an archaeologist might uncover that very same WigWam on an expedition and begin to study the ancient pony collectors  :P

Well in the future if you get a BBE in that condition again totally hit me up and send it to live with meeeee

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2016, 09:04:33 AM »
Never!! Even as a wee girl when i came home from school to discover my dog had eaten all four legs from my Cherry Treats, so she was basically just a head and a body. I was so upset as i just got her for my 6th birthday from my (fairy :P) godmother and I didn't want to loose her but I remember thinking to myself that she cant walk so made her a wheelchair from my wee brothers spaceship/transformer that looked like a chair with wheels when bent so she could get around & be part of my herd. :)

Babydoll~

Awwww...this is awesome! :)

For me...no I havent thrown any away...even the fakies I dont want get "stored" as I am unable to throw them out. Its that Toy Story thing...wont they be upset if they are discarded?!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SunbeamV

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2016, 08:18:20 PM »
Not a pony, but a playset. I got the Perfume Puff Palace sans accessories with a bag of baity, moldy, rusty g1s, and while the ponies could be taken apart and thoroughly cleaned, that playset was so horrendously moldy and I was terrified of what god awful sickness inducing germs could be floating inside the puffer piece that I'd never be able to get out, so I ended up tossing it in a dumpster on my way home.  :blink:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2016, 11:06:13 AM »
Never!! Even as a wee girl when i came home from school to discover my dog had eaten all four legs from my Cherry Treats, so she was basically just a head and a body. I was so upset as i just got her for my 6th birthday from my (fairy :P) godmother and I didn't want to loose her but I remember thinking to myself that she cant walk so made her a wheelchair from my wee brothers spaceship/transformer that looked like a chair with wheels when bent so she could get around & be part of my herd. :)

Babydoll~

Hah! That is awesome!

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2016, 11:21:18 AM »
Nope, never! I lost a pony once (must have dropped her out of my bag on the way home from school) but somebody kindly handed her in to the school and we were reunited  :lol:

No pony gets thrown out here! Some I put in the collection, some get sold on and the rest get baited.
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

Offline Heart891011

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2016, 12:54:41 PM »
I did throw away a blind bag pony because it was covered in white-out and was all sticky and everything kept sticking to it. It was disgusting.

I've also thrown away a few combs and barrettes because either they were broken or I had to many at the time.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:56:47 PM by Heart891011 »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2016, 01:22:13 PM »
I did have two ponies I was tempted to throw out.  One was a Lemon Drop who must have been suffering from plasticizer leak because she had the nastiest, oily feeling body and hair.  I washed her, but no matter how many times I shampooed her hair it stayed horrible.  It made my skin crawl every time I touched her.

The other was the mankiest Gingerbread you can imagine--a splotchy  tan with cancer spots all over, scuffed eyes, a body as hard as a rock, and, again, nasty greasy feeling body and hair.  Except whereas Lemon Drop's hair at least LOOKED nice, Gingerbread's hair was limp and thin and discolored.

I sold them both on eBay in custom bait lots . . . I hope some customizer gave them a new life.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Poster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2016, 04:07:22 PM »
No ponies, as far as I can recall, but I did throw out a lot of dolls/action figures back when I was like 11-13 and going through a "TOYS ARE FOR BAYYYYYBEEEEEEEES" phase. All because some marginally older kid at a family get-together and her "you still play with toys?/you still watch cartoons?" got under my skin.  >_< Yes, because nobody knows what is and isn't grown-up like preteens.  :P

Thankfully I've long since recognized that (with the obvious exceptions--things that aren't safe for young kids, things that are really only appropriate for adults, etc.) the notion of age-appropriate toys is b.s.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal