collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Learned 2 Things about MLP Today  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Learned 2 Things about MLP Today
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 02:05:49 PM »
Nice!  I've never heard of Princess Crash, what does she look like?  :)
Before any princess variants and happytails variants were discussed online, Reaperfox had a bunch from childhood and she gave several of them interesting names. I remember going to see her in 1998 or so and I remeber taking photos of Princess Woosie and some of the others back then.  So Princess Crash's name came from Sel. (Other fun names were Hex and Syntax Error, which was her name for Bobbie. Unfortunately people adopted the name Bobbie for Bobbie because she was on my site and that's what sister and I called ours - Syntax Error was much more awesome a name and I still feel bad about that xD

Sportstime and Baby Schoolbag were indeed both boys. Baby Schoolbag has two different prototype images, both of which are wrong, but one of which is male and from which he was generally drawn in the comic with feathered hooves.
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/baby_schoolbag.htm

The only other ponies in the Gingerbread pose that were boys were the 3 family Daddy ponies (although collectors sometimes designate them male, which is a personal choice thing). Hasbro didn't bother worrying about hoof feathers for drawing them or Sportstime, I don't think.

But, in another weird irony, some of the boy ponies are drawn in female poses but with feathered hooves on their UK backcards...
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/mountainback.JPG (courtesy of LadyG)
Maybe this is the birth of that Gingerbread pose being used for guys?

Sniffles isn't listed as a boy on the UK box for the twins, I just checked, but he is always one in the comic and I remember the story about him always sneezing because his sister keeps making little breezes tickle his nose, but I forget if that is purely comic or in something else.

Edit: It's in the factfile :)
Sniffles & Snookums
"Sniffles often tries to push his twin, Snookums, out of their double stroller. But Snookums knows just how to stop him. As she twirls her baby unicorn horn a magical breeze makes him sniff and sneeze!"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:12:05 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
Re: Learned 2 Things about MLP Today
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 03:56:19 PM »
I'd never seen the Princess Crash variant before, intriguing!  :cool:
ISO UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire, and complete jewelry babies :cool:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal