collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Esty Sellers have some questions  (Read 488 times)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Esty Sellers have some questions
« on: April 02, 2016, 09:01:33 AM »
I know some of you sell on Esty and I wanted to get an idea of how the fees work compared to say Ebay and if you always have to have something in your shop and if you do not do they charge you?  Also where on Esty can you find a list of fees?  Also do they like ebay charge a fee on shipping?  Thanks!  I have some low end but nice things I would rather sell then donate or toss and am looking for someplace to list em.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Esty Sellers have some questions
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 03:36:07 PM »
Etsy doesn't charge a fee if you have zero items listed. They charge $0.20 listing fee per item and 3.5% fee of the final purchase price. You can take payment via PayPal or through their own payment system called Direct Checkout, which is more expensive but imo more convenient because etsy automatically deposits your profits to your bank a couple times a week.

https://www.etsy.com/help/article/136

I've found it's more difficult to sell items and maintain regular sales without a lot of TLC to your listings and Google Adwords compared to eBay where things pretty much sell themselves. You can't just list something and ignore it on etsy, you have to promote it in groups or treasuries or whatever tricks they have.

But I have found etsy stuff generally sells for higher prices than the same things on eBay. 50% to 3x what I would make on eBay for vintage goodies (not ponies).

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Re: Esty Sellers have some questions
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 03:33:01 PM »
Thanks pantless wonder, very good feedback.  Right now I do not have that kind of time to play promote so maybe shall wait a bit to get it going.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal