collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC on Mail Order Tux & Tails  (Read 1475 times)

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
PC on Mail Order Tux & Tails
« on: March 24, 2016, 03:04:04 PM »
Due to financial matters, I've decided to put up my cherished Tux on eBay however, since I REALLY don't *want* to sell him I put him up for a ridic high price of like $125. I know he's not going for that much so I eventually lowered the price to $100 and then lowered it again to $80.  :blush:  Last I recall, he was holding steady around the $75 to $80 mark but I thought I'd ask the pony experts for some pricing advice. ALSO, someone sent me what I feel is a 'low ball' Best Offer of $50 which I declined almost as soon as I received it. :lookround:

Just wanted to know between pony friends what a good price to fetch for him is?? Thanks in advance! :bigups:
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: PC on Mail Order Tux & Tails
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 04:56:32 PM »
I sold my very near mint one for $135. But that was a case similar to yours, I put him up for what I thought was a silly price (over and over and over) and then some random new ebayer bought him. (For their four year old. *died*)

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 07:40:25 PM »
I bought one for $60, but he has some very noticeable red mark on his muzzle and nares.  Another one I paid $75 for, and last, I bought one for $85.  These were all purchased the second half of last year.  One was a BIN, and the other two were auction style.  Now you may ask why do I need 3 of these boys?  Well, without them, I would not have been able to take this fun picture...  :lol:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Besides, last thing I want is a Satin n' Lace feeling left out thinking what's wrong with me?  Why did he choose her?  Anyway, you get the picture.  Good luck on your sale.  Definitely worth more than $50, just have to wait for the right buyer to come along!  :satisfied:
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 09:00:31 PM »
I bought one for $60, but he has some very noticeable red mark on his muzzle and nares.  Another one I paid $75 for, and last, I bought one for $85.  These were all purchased the second half of last year.  One was a BIN, and the other two were auction style.  Now you may ask why do I need 3 of these boys?  Well, without them, I would not have been able to take this fun picture...  :lol:

Besides, last thing I want is a Satin n' Lace feeling left out thinking what's wrong with me?  Why did he choose her?  Anyway, you get the picture.  Good luck on your sale.  Definitely worth more than $50, just have to wait for the right buyer to come along!  :satisfied:
Never thought about that when I had magenta and regular Satin 'n' Lace,lol. Good thing magenta got sold or she would have been a jealous girl. Good to see all ladies are loved and not left out, jrr74. :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 10:07:45 PM »
What an awesome picture!!

If you're selling him on eBay, do not be afraid to list a BIN above his "average" price and just wait.  He is a HTF pony, and if you are patient then odds are you will sell him sooner or later (I mean, within reason.  If you list him for $200 or something then not so much, LOL.)

But of course it also depends how soon you need money, like if you need it right away or if can wait a couple months.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 07:03:09 AM »

Omigosh! That is such a precious picture! I don't have ANY SnL ponies yet so of course, each girl would need to have her groom! I love it haha :lol:

Eta: Thanks for all the advice! I knew he was worth more than $50 and it really steams my grits when some random ebayers think they can get something valuable for so cheap. I have much better luck selling vintage plush and I always get ripped off when I try to sell HTF/rare ponies. :yikes: I think it's because I usually need the funds ASAP and figure something is better than nothing. :drunk:  I notice that none of the Tuxes in that pic have their bow tie so I'm guessing having it missing doesn't hurt the value all that much? Mine doesn't have his either! :silly:

I think I'm going to modify my price right now and do as LMD suggested and put it up higher and just wait. LOL ebay prices are usually so high anyways and if someone really wants something badly enough they will pay the BIN price. :P

I sold my very near mint one for $135. But that was a case similar to yours, I put him up for what I thought was a silly price (over and over and over) and then some random new ebayer bought him. (For their four year old. *died*)

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:  That poor Tux!! I can't even imagine. That makes me anxious now bc I don't want mine to suffer a fate of being chewed on, scribbled on or what have you but I guess once it's in the new owner's hands they can do as they like if they pay your price.  :blink:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:13:08 AM by SunnyDazeAhead »
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 09:55:43 AM »

Omigosh! That is such a precious picture! I don't have ANY SnL ponies yet so of course, each girl would need to have her groom! I love it haha :lol:

Eta: Thanks for all the advice! I knew he was worth more than $50 and it really steams my grits when some random ebayers think they can get something valuable for so cheap. I have much better luck selling vintage plush and I always get ripped off when I try to sell HTF/rare ponies. :yikes: I think it's because I usually need the funds ASAP and figure something is better than nothing. :drunk:  I notice that none of the Tuxes in that pic have their bow tie so I'm guessing having it missing doesn't hurt the value all that much? Mine doesn't have his either! :silly:

I think I'm going to modify my price right now and do as LMD suggested and put it up higher and just wait. LOL ebay prices are usually so high anyways and if someone really wants something badly enough they will pay the BIN price. :P

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:  That poor Tux!! I can't even imagine. That makes me anxious now bc I don't want mine to suffer a fate of being chewed on, scribbled on or what have you but I guess once it's in the new owner's hands they can do as they like if they pay your price.  :blink:
You know, not all kids are like Sid from toy story.But i don't understand how a parent would spend that much just for a toy for their child.

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 10:06:25 AM »
 ^^
  l l   Right!?  A 4 year old can not appreciate Tux for the truly wonderful pony that he is.  Maybe the parent had one as a child and was feeling nostalgic.  That is the best I could come up with to kind of justify spending that much money on a collector pony when there are so many new toys that would appeal to the senses of a four year old
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 10:35:08 AM »
^^
  l l   Right!?  A 4 year old can not appreciate Tux for the truly wonderful pony that he is.  Maybe the parent had one as a child and was feeling nostalgic.  That is the best I could come up with to kind of justify spending that much money on a collector pony when there are so many new toys that would appeal to the senses of a four year old

Or maybe it was a very shy collector that needed an excuse to buy a pony even if the seller is a collector itself.This and your theory are the only one that somehow make sense.When there are tons of G4 in stores i seriously don't see how you would want to spend this price for a toy.But i hope thunderwing's Tux is fine with its owner.

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 08:16:34 PM »
Ah so that is your tux I am watching! I noticed his price kept changing and was confused! Not sure what I could offer you, but I have an eye on him.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal