collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who likes Digimon?  (Read 7735 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Who likes Digimon?
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2016, 10:13:44 PM »
I REALLY hope digimon merch comes back to america! I'm dying for some promotional generation merch omg. Digimon was crazy awesome and if I wasn't a kid I would have bought all the toys when they were out back then!!!!! It killed me I couldn't buy like alllll the toys! T-T

EDIT: OOOOOMG I found these awesome things on eBay. Soooo all you fellow 90's kids here, maybe some late 80's kids even... Remember Taco Bell used to have those metal digimon trading cards and you got a random colored pull-apart layer digivice you can stack as your collection grew? OMG GOOOOOOD GOOOOOOD TIMES LEMME TELL YA!
:frolic:
Okay- this may sound depressing but let me explain! The VERY short time I was with my real mom in her custody, before she went crazy and ran off to Austria, we lived with her- my half siblings and I at that, we all lived in Indiana together the time these cards came out. Taco bell was down the street and my real mom worked there as a manager and always brought home bags of those metal cards PLUS bags of leftover tacos everyday I was VERY popular in school because I had all the rare ones xD! Now idk if she stole them or they had so many that she just brought them home. All i remember is having the biggest digivice in school (i had 3 of them stacked to kindom-come in my backpack lol and i always got excited when she came home. I did all my chores and even did my siblings chores too before she came home because I thought it increased my chance of her getting digimon cards from taco bell. One of the HAPPIEST moments of my life! No kidding!
GOTTA BUY THEM NOW, restore childhood lol! :joy:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 03:14:32 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2016, 11:07:13 AM »
Awwww, this many people still remember Digimon!?! You guys are so awesome!! :D

Back in 1999, when Digimon first came to the USA, I fell in love with it from the very first aired ep. I became a major fan. In fact, that very same day I designed my own fan website based on made-up Digimon characters (which wasn't a thing that was really done back in 1999). My site quickly gained popularity and started the "FDD" (Fictional Digi-Destined) craze of that time. I've always been proud to have started that fanbase with my website about my dragon Digimon, Cunomon, and his human partner, Lexxy. In fact I used to cosplay as Lexxy at anime conventions with a giant plush of Cunomon I carried around, and sometimes I would get recognized by people who knew my website. :D My small 15 minutes of fame, as they say. XD

The FDD fanbase at the time was so much fun. It inspired many young people to use their imagination to make their own characters, draw fanart, and write fanfics and share them by making websites about their own made-up adventures. This sounds like something that is pretty common now, but back then it was a new thing that you didn't see in a lot of other fandoms. We had a lot of fun reaching out and making friends with other fans online. My good friend Jenn Morton and her fan-made Digimon, Foximon, became really well known in the community as well. It was a lot like the pony community is today, bringing people together with art and stories!

Sadly my Cunomon and Lexxy website isn't up anymore. It was hosted on some websites that don't exist now, like Topcities.com and Geocities. But I still have all the files... I really should put the pages back up just as an archive site, for nostalgia's sake! lol.

Thanks for this thread. Brought back a lot of great memories for me! ^_^

You and Jenn were my heroes back then and I followed your stuff religiously and even wrote fanfics I was too embarrassed to submit for Digimon: FDD. I really became active after you guys kinda dropped off and Sagari/Cross took off. I actually did Digimon adoptions alongside Esse until she moved on and to this day continue to tinker with my own FDD and have been slowly working on a Digimon RPG I hope to pitch to the gaming company I work for. Oh the memories.

I know I'm biased but my favorite was always my own Digimon, Damakamon.

Squee!! An old FDD person! -hugs- Hi, Attercop! It's a pleasure to meet you. ^_^ Thank you for your kind words. :blush:

Your Digimon RPG idea sounds cool! And Damakamon is so pretty. I love her design.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2016, 07:24:47 PM »
*ahem*
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Digimon grail ahoy!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I now have Ken's digivice! Childhood restored!

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Princess Lala

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2016, 07:32:02 PM »
Pikashoes omg its so lovely!!!!!! Congrats! :squee:

rolllerblades

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2016, 11:40:49 PM »
Omg! That digivice is awesome congrats dude!

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2016, 08:28:27 AM »
Ahhhh, that digivice is so COOL!  I'm totally jealous, Ken is my favorite and the virtual pet kind of toys always look so fun. :)

Princess Lala

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2016, 12:33:00 PM »
GUUUYSSZZZZ! ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

you guys have seen these Digi Colle blindboxes, right!???? I got two today from an anime store and got adorable Gomamon! I wanted Gatomon too, willing to trade my Bubbmon/Mochimon for it! Not trading Gomamon though! x3 

Mochimon looks like baby Goomy/Numera!

YUM!
I instictivly HHHHAAADDDD to get Taco Bell because digimon and Taco Bell go amazing together after they had digimon cards there when I was a kid. A decade later....and digimon and taco bell are still a perfect pair with me! My child-self would be so happy knowing this! ╥﹏╥

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2016, 12:38:19 PM »
I actually bought the whole case of the second set of those DigiColle figures (Gabumon, Biyomon, Gatomon, Tentomon, and their pre-evo forms). They are so cute! One if these days I'll likely buy another set, or at least the one with Koromon (and Lopmon and Terriermon).

I bought the whole case because I felt like it woild be cheaper to get all eight than buy the two I really wanted. xD

And congrats on getting Ken's digivice, Pikashoes! :D
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2016, 12:41:14 PM »
Thanks guys! :3

Lala! How much where they?! I have a mightny need!I want aggumon and gabumon!

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2016, 04:18:44 PM »
Ohhh man, I do NOT need another collectable... but... -drools- Gomamon is my fave of the partner Digimon!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Princess Lala

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2016, 12:32:44 AM »
Ahhhhhhhh i would loooooovelooooovelooooooove to see pictures of them all MilkyTaroMochi! I'm so tempted to go back up again for the third day in a row and buy some!

They are $12 each Pikashoes!

LOPMON AND TERRIERMON oooooh dear don't tell me they have the season 3 Digimon tamer digimon too!!?????? I HAVE TO find Renamon if they make one! I would HAVE to have the whooole set at that! Oooooooooh my god my pooooor pooooor wallet. *is afraid to look it up on Google*

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2016, 06:33:03 PM »
I love the first and third season! :lol: Biyomon will always be my favourite.

I've been watching Tri too which has been neat so far. I really, really like that...

Spoiler
Gomamon and Palamon mega digevolved. It was so unexpected and I loved that it was the 'neglected' characters who got so much development. I want Biyomon to mega evolve in the next installment, ahhh.

Also, those blind boxes are so cute. I want a little Biyomon figure!

Offline Trinity

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2016, 07:01:36 PM »
Aww. That Gomamon is so cute. You're very lucky.
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2016, 01:56:00 PM »
Ahhhhhhhh i would loooooovelooooovelooooooove to see pictures of them all MilkyTaroMochi! I'm so tempted to go back up again for the third day in a row and buy some!

They are $12 each Pikashoes!

LOPMON AND TERRIERMON oooooh dear don't tell me they have the season 3 Digimon tamer digimon too!!?????? I HAVE TO find Renamon if they make one! I would HAVE to have the whooole set at that! Oooooooooh my god my pooooor pooooor wallet. *is afraid to look it up on Google*
I'll try to take some pictures of them later today/tonight for you, Lala! :D
And I am jealous that you have Gomamon - he isn't my favorite, but his figure is too cute in the DigiColle line. He and Koromon would be the main reason I'd get the DigiColle 1 sets. xD

And I wanna say that the last time I checked, they were (starting) on the Season 2 Digimon for the DigiColle line. The last one I remember coming out in the future was Wormon, Veemon, (and their pre-evos), a new Patamon, new Gatomon, and both Terriermon and Lopmon (likely based from the movie more so than Season 3).

Post Merge: April 11, 2016, 02:11:17 PM

So got curious and looked up the other DigiColle sets, and here is the Data3 pack (it's apparently out now?):

...and I wish I hadn't found out this DigiColle set is coming out in August. xD

« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:11:17 PM by MilkyTaroMochi »
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Princess Lala

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2016, 07:06:29 PM »
Omg data3!??? Neeeeed! x3 I absolutely love that Lopmon, Gatomon, and Koramon on the potty!  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal