collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What drew you to MLP?  (Read 3447 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What drew you to MLP?
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2016, 12:45:57 AM »
Well, when I was a toddler my aunt (I lived with my grandma, aunt still lived with us at the time) let me play with her G1 pony collection growing up! That was the first time I was introduced to ponies!

But what drew me to MLP was when G4 came out, someone on Pokebeach has the 'raging twilight' gif as their avatar that was a reference to Rapidash! I'm like hmm gotta watch this show! Loved it, bought a blindbag which was a glitter clear rainbow dash, bought a few brushables, and yeah it all exploded from there! Collecting over 5 years now!

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2016, 05:42:09 AM »
As a little kid I loved the movie/cartoons and the toys just naturally followed (though admittedly Barbie was the number one toy at our house). I did "outgrow" them for several years but always hung onto the ponies my sisters and I logged so many play hours with. I always stayed kinda interested but not enough to pursue collecting, until FiM came around and I found it to be pretty watchable.... Then last year I got on eBay on a whim and the avalanche started.  :blush:

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2016, 04:55:22 PM »
Horses got me into MLP , 4 years ago via Netflix , Was Watching every horse movie on Netlfix, and I was watching lots of Anime , I had watched a cool animated series with horses on there as well :)   "Horseland"  then they started suggesting me to watch MLP FIM :)
I resisted for maybe 2 weeks until I finally gave in and watched a couple episodes, watched the whole seasons 1 and 2 non stop :) LOL
went on you tube to look for more, but I found the season 3 was coming later that year  (2012)
later that year I found ponies at a store nearby, then inside the ponies packaging found a pamphlet and there was a coupon for Hasbro store online and that is how I got into collecting MLP :)
but Horses had always been a favorite collecting  item ,art and home decor  had always been horses as well :)

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2016, 05:29:10 PM »
My grandparents gave me a pony for my third birthday and I didn't like her all that much at first - Bow tie. But we were on a long road trip to see them and I didn't have any other toys in the hotel room so my mom was like, play with the horse grandpa gave you. And I was like, no, she's blue and I don't like blue it's a boy color. And my mom was like, PLAY WITH THE HORSE YOU ARE GETTING ON MY NERVES NO THERE IS NOT A SWIMMING POOL STOP ASKING

Eight hundred ponies later here I am :D

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2016, 10:08:04 AM »
My grandparents gave me a pony for my third birthday and I didn't like her all that much at first - Bow tie. But we were on a long road trip to see them and I didn't have any other toys in the hotel room so my mom was like, play with the horse grandpa gave you. And I was like, no, she's blue and I don't like blue it's a boy color. And my mom was like, PLAY WITH THE HORSE YOU ARE GETTING ON MY NERVES NO THERE IS NOT A SWIMMING POOL STOP ASKING

Eight hundred ponies later here I am :D

:lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal