collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sunny's mom found G1s @ GW!!! I'm training her well! :D  (Read 1273 times)

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sunny's mom found G1s @ GW!!! I'm training her well! :D
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 09:34:54 AM »
What a great brag! Two Daddy ponies and a Big brother! And Nectar! And all those other ponies! That's just amazing :heart:

I need to train my mom to spot ponies in the wild as well! :D

It took her awhile to be able to spot G1s but she finally got the hang of it. I pretty much said look under their feet and if it doesn't say 'Hasbro' don't buy it. :silly:
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 06:07:36 AM »
Super great haul of new ponies :)  Good work mom :frolic:

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 08:52:11 AM »
So, last night we went back to the outlet but the one on the other side of town this time. And I got all THIS cuteness for only $1.17! :frolic:   :cheer:  :frolic:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

G1 TWILIGHT!!! She's one of my absolute favorite ponies because I had her in my childhood collection.  Older G3 with the modern flutter wings was a nice find since I love the colors and music symbols. Vintage Care Bears figure from the 80s, a brand new hello kitty plush with tag and Asian theme, two Aurora plushes and another older G3--- her name escapes me at the moment! All in all, not a bad find for a little over a buck!  :happy:  This is why outlet shopping rules lol
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 09:15:22 AM »
Congrats - looks like it's been a great haul for you at this GW!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

HopelessMagic

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 09:17:04 AM »
Gah! Your Goodwill is awesome. Mine sucks so badly. I never find vintage items in there. I'm pretty sure someone in the back plucks them out of the donations before they even hit the floor. Only thing I go to Goodwill for anymore is for glass bottles for my apothecary display.

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2016, 05:42:28 PM »
Wow! Mom did well! Congrats!  :biggrin:

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 08:09:26 AM »
Gah! Your Goodwill is awesome. Mine sucks so badly. I never find vintage items in there. I'm pretty sure someone in the back plucks them out of the donations before they even hit the floor. Only thing I go to Goodwill for anymore is for glass bottles for my apothecary display.

I'm convinced it's the particular Goodwill location that either rules or stinks at providing toys. When I lived in Kansas City, the GWs there were notorious for having NO toys whatsoever in the 'toy aisle' -- there wasn't even a toy aisle like the ones I'm used to now it was sorta just a corner with some bikes and baby toys. Hardly any stuffed animals or figures or anything. :yikes: However, that city did have some good thrifts that carried toys packaged in plastic bags and those were always fun to pick through to find any with ponies. :P They were also cool about being able to open the plastic bags pick out what you wanted and put them all in one bag so you didn't have to buy 10 different bags just for the one pony in each lol 

Last night mom found baby spike and the three cutie mark crusaders in the bins. I think I'm gonna have to take her along with me more often if she keeps scoring some good stuff haha :silly:

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 10:58:46 AM »
Stories like these are awesome! :heart:

Wowzers, such a lovely lot... Good Job, Mom! ;)

And that Sweet Stuff looks gorgeous!  :biggrin: The panda is a cutie, huh? I love the Pretty Pals set!  :D

My Goodwills over here suck majorly. . . About 10 years ago I found a vintage baby pound puppy and about four years ago I found a plush Wuzzle, but since then, nothin' .. There is a new Goodwill store opening soon in a town 15 minutes from me, so I hope I will find some pony / '80s toys goodness there!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:01:09 AM by Sweet_Stuff »

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2016, 07:10:45 AM »
Stories like these are awesome! :heart:

Wowzers, such a lovely lot... Good Job, Mom! ;)

And that Sweet Stuff looks gorgeous!  :biggrin: The panda is a cutie, huh? I love the Pretty Pals set!  :D

My Goodwills over here suck majorly. . . About 10 years ago I found a vintage baby pound puppy and about four years ago I found a plush Wuzzle, but since then, nothin' .. There is a new Goodwill store opening soon in a town 15 minutes from me, so I hope I will find some pony / '80s toys goodness there!

Vintage pound puppies and pound purries are plentiful here I've even scored 4 Wuzzles in the past two years but I've never found this any G1ponies until I moved an hour away from my hometown. The GW  outlets have def been kind to me since I've been here. It's so much fun to dive into a huge bin of toys not knowing what you might find. :silly: Although at the outlets, since it's full of discarded junk, you really doibt know what you may find and it's usually pretty gross and disgusting!! :lmao:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:24:41 AM by SunnyDazeAhead »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal