collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Local Wildlife  (Read 3460 times)

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Local Wildlife
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 08:17:53 PM »
I live in Oregon. Wild turkeys and deer(Black-tailed deer I think) go by my house or hang out in the yard everyday.  Rarely, I see or hear raccoons. Oh, plenty of gray squirrels too.
Deer photos:
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Turkey photos:
Spoiler

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2016, 11:02:25 PM »
Turkeys are evil creatures D:

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2016, 11:47:08 PM »
That Tom is gorgeous! Most wild turkeys I see are scrawny little things.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2016, 01:07:03 AM »
I've lived in Louisville KY all my life and I remember when I was a teenager I invited a friend from school over.  And in my backyard there were 2 bright red Cardinals, which I paid no attention too because I see them all the time, but my friend just moved from TX and had never soon one so he was all like "OMG that bird is RED, COOL!"  I think I just giggled.  So the point of the story is we have BRIGHT RED Cardinals all over in Kentucky.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2016, 03:33:21 AM »
A lot of small birds, ducks, swans, cranes. We have hares, squirrels, hedgehogs.. Going outside of town you see the moose (or elk), reindeer, deers. I've been lucky to see trails of lynx and wolf, but never the actual animals. There was a bear walking in the woods near where I lived before many years ago. We were not alowed outside for a few days, lol.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2016, 04:53:15 AM »
I have a lot of these in my garden:

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2016, 05:31:25 AM »
Beautiful picture, Stelito! What part of Texas are they from? Asking because theyvare around but a lot of people dont get to see them in the bigger cities! Ive got them all around my neighborhood year-round and I absolutely love them! I have a female who makes her next in the big tree right outside my patio! I love in spring when males come and sing to her, cardinals have a very unique song! I like to open the window and listen to them and my japanese wind chime :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2016, 08:06:28 AM »
We have a lot of wildlife around. My favorites are probably the squirrels really.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 01:26:27 AM »
I live near a canal and two rivers, so there are loads of grey herons around here and I just love them; they're amazing! I've also seen some wild rabbits and ravens on my way into the hills and there are some red deer in the forest. There's also a flock of jackdaws that tends to hang around the gardens on my street; a while back there was a bunch of young ones that had just left the nest and they were zooming about all around the street, they were so cute! (and noisy) XD

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2016, 07:22:04 AM »
On the farm we currently have chickens, goats, dogs and cats, but we want to get some miniature horses! The wildlife around here is vety vast. Birds, hawks, deer, bears, and small rhodents mainly. Down in the river we have little crayfish, tadpoles and precious little aquatic newts.

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2016, 07:34:59 AM »
Used to see these guys every day on my drive to work :D

Such magestic animals, amazing (and sad) to think North America was teeming with herds them many hundreds of years ago!  Nice that you got to drive past them all the time.  :)
I live smack dab in the heart of the city so the closet wildlife I get to see is the odd raccoon that makes its way from the river. I had an large owl swoop my head once though, that was weird.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 07:38:11 AM by slyons »

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2016, 11:43:14 AM »
I've lived in Louisville KY all my life and I remember when I was a teenager I invited a friend from school over.  And in my backyard there were 2 bright red Cardinals, which I paid no attention too because I see them all the time, but my friend just moved from TX and had never soon one so he was all like "OMG that bird is RED, COOL!"  I think I just giggled.  So the point of the story is we have BRIGHT RED Cardinals all over in Kentucky.

When I lived up in the mountains we had a herd of about 11 deer that literally lived in our backyard (I think that's where they slept, though they moved around otherwise). One day I had a birthday party and had a bunch of friends over, and one of them had apparently never seen deer in the wild. She was so obsessed with the deer in my back yard! It was funny to me, since I saw deer every day and this girl didn't live that far away from me...

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2016, 06:21:19 PM »
Such magestic animals, amazing (and sad) to think North America was teeming with herds them many hundreds of years ago!  Nice that you got to drive past them all the time.  :)
I live smack dab in the heart of the city so the closet wildlife I get to see is the odd raccoon that makes its way from the river. I had an large owl swoop my head once though, that was weird.

Yeah, we live in Sherwood Park, just outside Edmonton, but I worked in Vegreville so had to drive through Elk Island National Park every day. It was great. The biggest herd I saw was about 60 or so bison and I couldn't help but think what it would've been like back in the day with thousands of them. Too bad we haven't come up with time travel yet!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2016, 07:05:08 PM »
I never thought I'd want to live in Las Vegas, but there are great public lands very close by.  I saw my first mustangs last week, only about a 45 minute drive outside the city!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2016, 01:53:21 PM »
I never thought I'd want to live in Las Vegas, but there are great public lands very close by.  I saw my first mustangs last week, only about a 45 minute drive outside the city!
Oooooooh! Amazing! I've visited Nevada but not the Vegas area. I would be the one person who wants to visit Las Vegas just to see the wildlife. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal