collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's share/discuss pony music!  (Read 4620 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Let's share/discuss pony music!
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 03:18:32 AM »
Looks like the theme of a dragon helper goes back a ways!

Specifically a baby purple dragon named Spike. ;) Every version of the cartoon had one, except MLPTales.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 03:31:09 AM »

Specifically a baby purple dragon named Spike. ;) Every version of the cartoon had one, except MLPTales.

So Spike is universal then!  Awesome.  Is he treated badly all the time? in that "go it alone" video the pony steps on his tail then walks up it without noticing he's squirming.

Is Applejack in every version too?  Who else?  Thanks! 

By the way I love your Trixie peanut butter crackers quote signature, from the Canterlot High vending machine scene.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 05:32:39 AM »

So Spike is universal then!  Awesome.  Is he treated badly all the time? in that "go it alone" video the pony steps on his tail then walks up it without noticing he's squirming.

Generally not, although he has a couple of episodes where he's central. The Wouldbe Dragon Slayer, where someone tries to kill him, is the one that springs to mind. And Spike's Search, when he's looking for other dragons..and realises he's better off with the ponies :)

In the UK we had other dragons, too - six to be precise - and in the UK comics they, Spike, and the pets from other ponies (the two kittens, duck soup and Brandy the dog) formed the Paws and Claws Club...they had their own mini adventure things going on at times :) Spike in the original canon outside the animation came with the castle and the "Queen" pony Majesty...which is pretty familiar to me to the idea of spike/Twilight Sparkle/Celestia/castle etc...

Is Applejack in every version too?  Who else?  Thanks! 

There's an Applejack in G1, G3 and G4 but the G3 one looks different. Applejack in G4 is influenced by the fact G1's AJ was a really popular character, I think. She's only in the one animated special though.

All the G4 core ponies are based on the animated characters of old ponies somewhat. Just Hasbro had copyrights for particular names and so on, so none of them look the same as they would have done in old MLP. I believe it's
Rarity = Sparkler (although she looks like a cross between Sparkler and Glory, really, she has Sparkler's symbol but Glory's colour scheme.)
Pinkie Pie = Surprise
Fluttershy = Posey
Twilight Sparkle = Twilight
Rainbow Dash = Firefly

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 07:05:33 AM »
I love all g4 songs, but my favorites must be This Day Aria, You'll Play your Part, The Magic Inside, Awesome as I Want to Be, Smile Smile Smile , The Pony i Want to Be and Light of Your Cutie Mark.In g3 i love That's What i Love about Christmas , Shine On, So Far Apart and Wish You Were Here.I only watched the two specials for g1 but i love Call Upon the Sea Ponies (just too catchy) and Dressed Like a Dream.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 07:49:08 AM »
What a great introduction to the earlier generations for me.  I will go through every link you all put here!  So far today I learned that there are humans in G1 and apparently the sea ponies had some sort of a um, shell phone...

I recommend that you take a look at the very first My Little Pony special also known as "Rescue at Midnight Castle" and "Firefly's Adventure." 

http://youtu.be/kknbjwYWwaU

You will find that there are a lot of elements of G4 that were taken from it.  And it's my personal favorite mlp cartoon, bar none.

I love pony music!  From g1 "Call upon the Sea ponies" to "Smile" from FiM.  I really like the Apple family song also.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 10:20:59 AM »

By the way I love your Trixie peanut butter crackers quote signature, from the Canterlot High vending machine scene.

Haha thank you! She is a character who gets some great lines! XD

To excuse my multiple one-line replies in the thread, here's another of my fave G1 songs. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtZmp34I8_w&index=7&list=PL9dfCxPf9GgXAWh_Y1Nbu1V1LpHKzQIFx
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 11:06:05 AM »
I think I've mentioned it on the previous thread, but I'll be doing it here:

Drinks on the House and Equestrian Lover are my two absolute favorites, and still the best work of Silva in my opinion. NotACleverPony had some great work as well before his passing. And then there's that symphonic metal album, which isn't my favorite genre but it is just downright amazing. Wish I could remember its name though.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2016, 06:41:12 PM »
OMG, Taffeta, I needed those songs in my life. Thank you for posting them! I had no idea there were other songs (aside from the well-known theme song). :D

LOL You're welcome, some of them are so cute :D
I love Applejack's song! Who's a silly pony? You're a silly pony! I am totally going to be singing that to my dogs for the rest of their lives, now.

I played that tape so much as a kid that now, whenever anyone in this family for any reason says 1, 2, 3, someone invariably says Cherries Jubilee...
Hah, that's awesome. My family has a lot of "in" jokes like that, too. BTW, I have been singing "Who's a silly pony? You're a silly pony!" non-stop since you posted that. My dogs love it. :D

Offline Nekronyte

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Call me Nek
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2016, 08:58:42 PM »
Bukeno, I was going to mention most of the Griffinilla songs you suggested too! I really like his whole OC pony series.

SGAP is definitely worth a listen. His work is very relaxing. My favorite pieces of his are E48 about Hurricane Fluttershy, and Faithful and Strong about Applejack.

Seawinkle is inspired by a g1 pony, like the Spacepony series Bukeno mentioned earlier.

Jeff Burgess's cover of Exclusive Royal Canterlot Wedding Playset (originally by Cats Millionaire) is notable for being a song that references a pony toy, the plot of "A Canterlot Wedding" and real, scary possessive feelings that people can feel in actual relationships. I kind of like that people related to the show to that degree.

This piece remixed from pieces of audio from FIM, is relaxing and just puts me in a good mood.

Other than that, it's hard not to love all the songs from Friendship is Witchcraft. I especially like the remix of Sweetie's Big Race and the Russian Gypsy Jazz cover of Pinkie's Brew.  The series itself is very good, and while I think some people might find the humor dryer than they like, it certainly comes from a place of actual appreciation for the show. I think it's hilarious!

Anyway, enjoy!

Hah, I was surprised to see someone mention Cat Milly and then I saw who it was!

I definitely recommend people check out her pony album "Fun Fun Fun" https://blacksquares.bandcamp.com/album/fun-fun-fun
http://followingponies.tumblr.com/  :good:
My tumblr - mostly pony related.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
MLP Orchestra Music
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 12:46:44 PM »
Found these the other day: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2KGMwPnso3AuP1Cl8zE8BYv1aFGbBN5a
They have some for FiM too.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: MLP Orchestra Music
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 01:52:49 PM »
I am going to merge this in with the on going active music thread :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal