collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your Care Bear collection!  (Read 5606 times)

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your Care Bear collection!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 09:33:11 AM »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

[Insert expression of desperate longing someplace in here]

Even as a Kid I thought Noble and True heart were the BEST...loved the second movie that introduced them, still do. He's SO amazingly awesome...*sighs* absolutely stunning. The only Care Bear I'd want more is the 'Harmony bear' prototype...she was gorgeous, and I always really liked her in the movie too, least they made an anniversary retro one.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 12:06:33 PM »
These aren't the greatest photos, but I was finally able to take some pictures of my CB plush collection. :) I do have some keychains, minis and posables, but I'm still working on the collection corner so they're kinda scattered here and there.. :lol:

My collection was HUGE - I loved the Care Bears growing up and still do. :) Sad to say, most got ruined via mildew/mold in a [not water proof!] shed out back of our home in the early '90s. The only ones I kept inside with me were my big Bedtime (first bear I had gotten), Share and Secret and so they are the only ones from my original collection. I saved the 13" Bedtime, Birthday, Friend, Love-a-Lot, Tenderheart, (and another Bedtime, that I traded away) along with the bigger (MINTY!!) Tenderheart, and the mini Grumpy & Love-a-Lot all from the trash/impending doom!
Long story in spoiler! :D

Spoiler
I had just started working at a newspaper, and one of my co-workers got fired my second or third day there.. I was in a shocked state as you can imagine, but she didn't think it was a big deal (another long story!) :lol: So anyway, I felt sorry for the girl, who started loading up her belongings in boxes on the spot. I asked her if she needed help, and she accepted, so I grabbed a box and followed her outside to her car. She popped the trunk and my jaw dropped.. I saw Care Bears in garage bags. I squealed and asked her, "CARE BEARS!! What are they doing in your trunk?!" She said, "Oh, I was gonna trash them or give them to Goodwill.. . . You want them? "YES!" I shrieked.. So after I helped her load her stuff in her car, she helped me load all the bears she had in my trunk and there they are with me! :D The same girl also gave me that nice 13" Grumpy as a birthday present a few years later..I figured it was one of the ones she kept for herself, but she knew I collected Care Bears.. :P

I really don't have any rare ones, but I'm pretty proud of that minty Share Bear and nice 'still talks!' Secret Bear I kept inside, both my mom picked picked up for me at a garage sale back in the late '80s for 50 cents each. :) ^.^

Here are the recent additions!  ^.^
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 12:11:15 PM by Sweet_Stuff »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 11:08:20 AM »
Lovely bears everyone ^.^

I have Love a Lot Bear, he lives with my ponies ^.^

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2016, 11:02:19 AM »
So I dug through my boxes and sadly I don't have an I Love You Bear (but now I'm on the hunt, lol) but I do have this funky Maverick. I included my little Sea Friend and True Heart for the picture. I also have a 12" Forest Friend in another box somewhere but he was a newer addition so he's in a box with dolls from when we moved last Fall. I'm so excited to develop the basement and finally unpack all my ponies and bears. So back to the Maverick, he has a tush heart but not a tag. And he has that silly looking face that a lot of the Maverick bears have.

I really don't have any rare ones, but I'm pretty proud of that minty Share Bear and nice 'still talks!' Secret Bear I kept inside, both my mom picked picked up for me at a garage sale back in the late '80s for 50 cents each. :) ^.^

Spoiler

[/spoiler]
Wow! What a great story. That was super lucky and so exciting. Your Share Bear looks dreamy, she's so minty.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:10:47 AM by Shy Violet »

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 10:10:30 AM »
So I dug through my boxes and sadly I don't have an I Love You Bear (but now I'm on the hunt, lol) but I do have this funky Maverick. I included my little Sea Friend and True Heart for the picture. I also have a 12" Forest Friend in another box somewhere but he was a newer addition so he's in a box with dolls from when we moved last Fall. I'm so excited to develop the basement and finally unpack all my ponies and bears. So back to the Maverick, he has a tush heart but not a tag. And he has that silly looking face that a lot of the Maverick bears have.

Spoiler

[/spoiler]
Wow! What a great story. That was super lucky and so exciting. Your Share Bear looks dreamy, she's so minty.

Cute picture! :D The minis are adorable!

Yeah, funny..I've found more Care Bears in the wild than ponies..  :P Another cool thing, I found a mini Wish Bear while out antique shopping on my birthday last year... I didn't have him - ever, not even as a kid, so it was a pretty exciting find. :biggrin:

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 10:25:35 AM »
Oh my goodness so many wonderful collections! I have some of the poseable bears :) When I get home I'll snap a picture :)

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2016, 04:04:44 PM »

Yeah, funny..I've found more Care Bears in the wild than ponies..  :P Another cool thing, I found a mini Wish Bear while out antique shopping on my birthday last year... I didn't have him - ever, not even as a kid, so it was a pretty exciting find. :biggrin:

Me, too! I found a lot of Care Bears in the wild.

Everyone has such awesome collections!

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2016, 04:12:01 PM »
Your guys collections are awesome!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2016, 02:34:22 PM »

Me, too! I found a lot of Care Bears in the wild.

Everyone has such awesome collections!

...Me three, just last year I found THREE, count 'em three vintage brave heart lions, and they were all mint...at the same goodwill. How nutty is that? Used to be when I was younger, I'd only find well loved bears in the wild, lately it's been all mint, never touched or played with bears. I even found a champ bear, friend bear, and a wish bear last December...then another wish bear earlier this year. Not that I'm complaining of course, it just seems that it would've been the other way around, finding more 'loved' bears now and 'mint' ones earlier on...Definitely barely ever find ponies as often, and NEVER in pristine shape...

oh and shy violet, loving that Cheer-ish bear...reminded me I have a really goofy goodluck bear, with birthday bears mouth! I'll have to get a photo of him he's buried in here...someplace.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 02:36:29 PM by Big_Brother_Bufftusk »

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 07:04:21 AM »
I found a Cheer bear last night at Goodwill and I left her behind. She was faded and missing some clumps of fur :( It wasn't easy to leave her. I sat her up on top of the pile in the front hoping someone would find her. I think I have only left one other Care Bear behind at a thrift store.

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2016, 06:20:11 PM »
I found a Cheer bear last night at Goodwill and I left her behind. She was faded and missing some clumps of fur :( It wasn't easy to leave her. I sat her up on top of the pile in the front hoping someone would find her. I think I have only left one other Care Bear behind at a thrift store.
The worst one I ever found was a cheer bear too, she was terribly faded, thinning fur, snagged symbol that was almost unrecognizable, torn off nose, scratched eyes, missing her tail, cut kiss curl...

still bought her though *lol* I don't think I kept her, but she was in a big garbage bag at a garage sale with a gentle heart lamb that was in only 'slightly' better condition, still have her I think.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2016, 10:06:12 AM »
Have you guys seen the Care Cousins, they're putting in claw machines? They've got Lotsa Heart, Cozy Heart, Bright Heart, Brave Heart and I've seen one Swift Heart. Almost all my faves and they're in a stinkin claw machine! :(

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2016, 02:32:29 PM »
I saw a Cozy Heart in a Walmart claw machine but I'm really bad at those games.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2016, 05:24:48 PM »
I saw a Cozy Heart in a Walmart claw machine but I'm really bad at those games.

Ponyfan

Me too. It doesn't help that they're rigged.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 10:34:05 AM »
Have you guys seen the Care Cousins, they're putting in claw machines? They've got Lotsa Heart, Cozy Heart, Bright Heart, Brave Heart and I've seen one Swift Heart. Almost all my faves and they're in a stinkin claw machine! :(

I saw some of the care bears themselves last night, no cousins yet...I already learned my lesson not to bother with those things when they first started putting the care bears in there back in '05. So many lost quarters...

They're supposed to be coming out with 'actual' boxed plushes of the cousins, so I'll just wait for those, least I'll spend $20 and actually GET something :-p

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal