collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone like Metallica and Megadeth..?  (Read 2165 times)

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Anyone like Metallica and Megadeth..?
« on: February 14, 2016, 06:54:27 PM »
Just wondering. I'm bored. As you can see by my picture I like Metallica. Honestly though, I like both.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:56:20 PM by DappledHazel »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Anyone like Metallica and Megadeth..?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 07:08:13 PM »
Megadeth used to be my favorite band back in the day. My user name is from the Youthanasia album, I've been using it for that long. Seen 'em live a couple times back then.

Risk was the last album I bought. Since then not only has the music gone downhill, so has Dave. He's just... a really icky person that I can't support.

But I still listen to the old stuff :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 07:59:32 PM »
I do.  I like most of Metallica's stuff up to and including the Black Album. I'd say Kill 'Em All is my favorite album of theirs.

As for Megadeth, I like their 80's stuff better, but I also like a lot of their songs from the 90's and early '00s.  I think they've aged a lot better than Metallica has.

I'll probably see them in May at Carolina Rebellion.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 06:21:50 AM »
Not really my thing but I'm sure we have quite a few around who do.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 07:23:51 AM »
Megadeth used to be my favorite band back in the day. My user name is from the Youthanasia album, I've been using it for that long. Seen 'em live a couple times back then.

Risk was the last album I bought. Since then not only has the music gone downhill, so has Dave. He's just... a really icky person that I can't support.

But I still listen to the old stuff :)

I think their new album is pretty good, others seem to like it too. I do agree Dave seems to have changed.. I don't agree with some of the things he says but for some reason I like him.. Cool to find other people that like the same music as me though! :)

I do.  I like most of Metallica's stuff up to and including the Black Album. I'd say Kill 'Em All is my favorite album of theirs.

As for Megadeth, I like their 80's stuff better, but I also like a lot of their songs from the 90's and early '00s.  I think they've aged a lot better than Metallica has.

I'll probably see them in May at Carolina Rebellion.

I like most of Metallica's music too, besides 'And justice for all..' album. Lars pretty much had the mixer guy completely mute Jason's bass from all the songs in that album. :/

I think Megadeth has aged better too, though Dave's voice doesn't sound the same as it did before. Probably doesn't help he had neck surgery a while back and is 54..

Not really my thing but I'm sure we have quite a few around who do.

What kind of music do you like? :)

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 08:46:31 AM »
I can get down with some early Metallica. Ride The Lightning and Kill Em All are my favorites. I'm generally more of a punk/ska fan here.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 09:45:18 AM »
I listen to them sometimes... but I do have to say that I haven't spent money on music since Metallica thought it would be intelligent to litigate against Napster and show their fans that money was the most important thing in their lives.  Even if their record company pushed them to do it, they had the right to publish a statement about 'how they disagreed and they are very sorry it's turning out this way'... but they encouraged the lawsuit and they said some terrible things to their fans.

You know that is a really long time to not buy CDs or have an iTunes account.... ;)  I've been listening to the same folder of mp3's for many decades now.... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 10:08:38 AM »
Some songs, sure.  Im not a hardcore fan of either though. ^^'

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 12:44:13 PM »
I can get down with some early Metallica. Ride The Lightning and Kill Em All are my favorites. I'm generally more of a punk/ska fan here.

Cool.  ^.^

I listen to them sometimes... but I do have to say that I haven't spent money on music since Metallica thought it would be intelligent to litigate against Napster and show their fans that money was the most important thing in their lives.  Even if their record company pushed them to do it, they had the right to publish a statement about 'how they disagreed and they are very sorry it's turning out this way'... but they encouraged the lawsuit and they said some terrible things to their fans.

You know that is a really long time to not buy CDs or have an iTunes account.... ;)  I've been listening to the same folder of mp3's for many decades now.... 
  :)

When did they sue Napster? I do recall Metallica suing them but I don't remember when.. I believe Lars Ulrich was the reason they sued them, though it wouldn't surprise me if James agreed with him.. It doesn't sound like something Cliff or Kirk would do.. Or Jason, if it happened sometime after Cliff's death? poor Cliff, I love Jason too though

That's a long time to listen to the same music, lol. Music never gets old.  :)

Some songs, sure.  Im not a hardcore fan of either though. ^^'

That's cool. I was just wondering if anyone liked their music or they themselves.  :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 05:16:53 PM »

When did they sue Napster? I do recall Metallica suing them but I don't remember when.. I believe Lars Ulrich was the reason they sued them, though it wouldn't surprise me if James agreed with him.. It doesn't sound like something Cliff or Kirk would do.. Or Jason, if it happened sometime after Cliff's death? poor Cliff, I love Jason too though

April 13, 2000

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallica_v._Napster,_Inc.

It doesn't get any older than it already is, LOL!  I typically listen to music from the 1960's-1980's.  The only reason I know how to nod my head to some of the new music these days is because sometimes I get trapped in a vehicle with a radio.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 11:34:47 AM »

April 13, 2000

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallica_v._Napster,_Inc.

It doesn't get any older than it already is, LOL!  I typically listen to music from the 1960's-1980's.  The only reason I know how to nod my head to some of the new music these days is because sometimes I get trapped in a vehicle with a radio.  :)

2000.. Year before Jason Newsted left the band.. I know Lars Ulrich had most to do with the suing, It's sad James Hetfield didn't do anything to stop him- or any of the other band-members. Though I don't believe James or Lars would listen to Jason anyways.

I mostly listen to older music too. I don't like very much of newer music played on radio so we usually have CDs in, lol.

Offline CustomsRfun

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Wanted: MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 11:44:15 AM »
Used to listen to Metallica (Black album period), went to see them on stage and everything..

But lately it seems they are more interested in producing merchandising (and silly one, at that, like beer cans etc..) than music...

Shame.
Open for Customs Commissions :)

LOOKING FOR:
MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 03:59:02 PM »

I haven't had a radio connection in my car since I swapped the stereo out, there was just no point. I think over 1/3 of the music I have was made between 1983-1989.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 07:36:34 PM »

LOL Currently? Spanish pop. So yeah, complete opposite end of the spectrum.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 05:54:49 AM »
Used to listen to Metallica (Black album period), went to see them on stage and everything..

But lately it seems they are more interested in producing merchandising (and silly one, at that, like beer cans etc..) than music...

Shame.

They are kinda old.. Though Megadeth is kinda old too and have made an album recently.. Metallica's been working on an album but they mentioned it in early 2015 I believe.. Seems weird it takes so long for them to make an album, their older albums came out faster.. Lol some people are saying they ran out of Mustaine and Burton inspired material.

LOL Currently? Spanish pop. So yeah, complete opposite end of the spectrum.

I'll have to listen to some Spanish pop later. ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal