collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Age spots and regrind on g3s already?  (Read 660 times)

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Age spots and regrind on g3s already?
« on: February 12, 2016, 02:27:27 PM »
The other day I took some ponies out of a plastic bin in my closet to switch out my display, and upon unpacking a few I noticed that some of my g3s had acquired spots on their plastic in the last few months?

They were mostly brownish-black looking spots on purple ponies, and a few also had spots that were lightening to a pinkish colour. I tried to get pictures, but my apartment lighting wouldn't cooperate. The spots wouldn't come off, and the pink spots looked incredibly similar in nature to my regrind-y g1s.

They were stored very carefully. Each pony was wrapped with tissue, and those with hair colours know to transfer like chartreuse were also placed in (unsealed, to prevent trapping moisture) ziploc bags. They were in a plastic tote, in my own closet, and I live in a very dry climate, so my only guess is that they're beginning to have aging problems? Has anyone else experienced age related issues with their g3s already? (ok, maybe "already" isn't quite right, these things are 13 years old now and I'm just trying not to make myself feel too old :P)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Age spots and regrind on g3s already?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 02:46:56 PM »
I've seen some really badly discolored glitter-boded G3's and have come across some that were pretty sticky. (Nom nom nom) Alas they're made of plastic and will be susceptible to breakdown...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 03:01:32 PM »
I've seen some really badly discolored glitter-boded G3's and have come across some that were pretty sticky. (Nom nom nom) Alas they're made of plastic and will be susceptible to breakdown...

True, the glitter ponies seem especially prone to breakdown. I wonder what contributes to some g3s breaking down so quickly? I have two of the bright pink glitter pony (Secret Wish?), and the one I picked out myself from the store when I was young is doing great, but the one I got in a lot from a friend hours away has almost no glitter left and is almost entirely orange.  :blink:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 03:08:00 PM »

True, the glitter ponies seem especially prone to breakdown. I wonder what contributes to some g3s breaking down so quickly? I have two of the bright pink glitter pony (Secret Wish?), and the one I picked out myself from the store when I was young is doing great, but the one I got in a lot from a friend hours away has almost no glitter left and is almost entirely orange.  :blink:
Hard to tell, maybe it depends if they were made on a Friday or not... tee hee hee
Just like g1's it depends on the batch and don't forget to throw in environmental factors.

Secret Wish is the only one I have of the glittery set, and I kept her MIB. Alas, now she's in a tote in the basement. I fear what she looks like at this time; she's been down there for about 5 years and our basement is musty.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 03:17:01 PM »
I think I have at least one with cancer, but it also wasn't in very good shape when I picked it up (poor pony chew toy!).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal