collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MH Dolls Smell Like Smoke  (Read 762 times)

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
MH Dolls Smell Like Smoke
« on: February 12, 2016, 12:35:12 PM »
So I ordered two Monster High dolls MIB from a seller on ebay.  When I got around to opening the shipping box yesterday, I was immediately overcome with the smell of smoke.  The boxes and I suspect the dolls inside smell very strongly of smoke.  I cannot put these dolls with my collection right now because I don't want the other dolls to smell.  However, I don't know if airing them out would help.  I messaged the seller yesterday stating she should have mentioned it.  And today I requested a return, even though the seller says they don't take returns.  So I guess I will see what happens :/

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: MH Dolls Smell Like Smoke
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 12:48:02 PM »
Even if they don't take returns, eBay requires sellers to take returns if an item is not as described. I would open a case if your seller is unwilling to work with you.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 02:59:36 PM »
File a SNAD (Significantly Not As Described).  Then the seller will be forced to accept the return.

"No returns" is more for things like buyer's remorse, where the item is as-described but the buyer decides they just don't want it.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 05:27:17 PM »
That's a pretty obvious thing to leave out of the listing, especially since many people are sensitive to smoke. If the seller doesn't agree to accept the return I agree with what others have said about opening a case. That smell is so hard to get out and I've had things that never loose the hint of smoke. Like you, I wouldn't want them near the rest of my collection!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 04:28:47 AM »
I think you have some good advice here. Hopefully the seller will work with you but if not then you can open that case and be able to return them whether the seller "accepts" returns or not. If the items come from a household where there are smokers it really needs to be in the listing since so many people are sensitive to that :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 05:41:50 PM »
So seller accepted the return. My next question is that it is for two items. Will there be two return labels? I was just going to ship them back together in the same box.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal