collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you motivate yourself to sell ponies?  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do you motivate yourself to sell ponies?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 09:24:49 AM »
well I think at the ponies I will buy with the money  ^.^  (so sorry I am so obsessed by the ponies I am still missing  :) )
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 11:06:40 AM »
I've got about 30-40 extras sitting around to sell as well and other random stuff too. I hear ya!

When it comes to ponies, I pretty much say everything is bait and sell 'em at a flat amount... I just don't have the time to clean. If I ship, I have to go to the post office, I don't have a scale. It looks bad, but I charge paypal fees too. Half the time when I ship internationally the final shipping cost is usually $3-5 more than what I was initially given as an estimate (can't believe a bit of tape adds on that much weight).
If I know the pony is worth a bit more I'll clean it up and throw on some extra pics.
Right now my sales thread just has a pic of a big pile of ponies for sale. That's as far as I got. As I get specific requests then I take time for more pics and an exterior wipe down if requested.
Take your time, and only list a few ponies at a time-or as mentioned maybe group them up by asking price.
Good luck!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 10:25:42 AM »
Ha ha, sounds like we're all in a similar boat :) Okay -- so I got some done and listed them Saturday and some have sold already. I should let that keep motivating me to not give up . . .  :biggrin:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 10:32:11 AM »
I never thought I'd be selling my customs, but money is tight and I'm spending too much on other collections, so I feel like I have no other choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 10:53:39 AM »
I was ending up with bulk, not even trying my spouse says they breed.

lots of great advice taking an overwhelming project and turning it into a manageable one.

If a pony is common, and truly bait it goes into one bin (body damage like chews, yellowing, missing hair)
If a pony is common, but fixable to her original character with effort (sunfading, more extensive flat ironing of hair, a touch up etc) goes into bin two.

Those are the ones I purge first- AS IS.

Baits, cheap and take lots of photos, but don't get into details because if I did detailed descriptions I'd be charging more per pony for my time (unless one smells bad! I always let people know about that)

Same thing with the potential baited or restore ponies. I price em cheaper so I can be lazy, but provide pictures and the general info that these WILL take time, work, products and effort to make them presentable.

Since so many second hand ponies that pass through my hands from friends/local hunting are not only very common, but VERY well loved/abused I find that takes care of enough bulk that I have more space after!

(same with acc, gather any that have been chewed, missing all the teeth, lots of broken bits and gather them all together)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 10:55:49 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 09:08:40 PM »
If you can't clean them up, try to sell them as is. Some collectors like to clean and style their ponies regardless, but they might not go for as much.
Put multiple ponies in one picture. It saves time and if the buyer needs additional pictures you can take those as they come and it won't be so intimidating.

Get a scale to weigh packages. I got a little accuteck for $16 off Amazon and it helps.
Keep a small supply of packaging (bubble wrap, envelopes, and boxes) at home, so you don't have to shop every time you need to sell.
Use the automated mailing centers if you have one to avoid post office lines.

And, most importantly, think about how many pretty new ponies you can buy when you sell the ones you don't want!  :P

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 09:56:07 PM »
Oy. No selling ponies, too much work and drama. Find someone who wants them all. (Me, me ) lol. Honestly easier that way tho.

Offline Rachel8125

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Emotional Wellness
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 03:45:15 AM »
I'm champing at the bit to buy G1 ponies.......!!!!!

I recently saw on You Tube (though it was an old video) that someone had filmed themselves going through the ponies they had for sale. It seems like, if you have lots to sell, this may be a quicker way to show/describe faults? It's more like the buyer going to an actual sale in real life. You don't have to do anything fancy, just get a box of ponies, quickly show a pony and it's fault/s, then quickly move on to the next. I thought the video I saw was really helpful.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:52:16 AM by Rachel8125 »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2016, 11:17:12 AM »
Making some money is a good motivator. LOL

I have been selling a bunch of customs and Monster High things. What I always dreaded was having to upload photos so that I could share them, a very tedious process in my opinion. But I use the app TapaTalk where you can directly upload photos from your phone to the Arena, which for me has been an immense time saver.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal