collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Shrinkage???  (Read 2682 times)

Offline gold.standard

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Shrinkage???
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 04:53:17 PM »
Question... why is the paint not affected if its shrinking? It's weird it stays the same when surface is different
Its hard to tell in the photos, but the symbols did shrink too! That paint color is a bit more intense. I've also noticed that her main seems to appear fuller because it is closer together, but still the same amount of hair.
I love art and ponies so much!!

Currently seeking ponies: Galaxy, Dewdrop Dazzle, Flitterheart, Twinkleshine, Sweetie Swirl, Sweetpop, Cherry Treats, Buttons, Baby Lucky Clover, Swirly Whirly, Tutti Fruiti, Sweet Clover

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 06:18:14 PM »
I have a hard Sweet Stuff and squishy Sweet stuff that appear to have the same size difference.  Though... I had hard sweet stuff for over a decade and at one point, her head shrank a little faster than her body... which made me sad as I thought she was ruined.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 09:51:26 PM »
Breyers from certain time frames suffer the same thing, though we call it shrinkies and can be very dramatic.  It does look like with ponies at least it stops.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 04:18:48 AM »
Question... why is the paint not affected if its shrinking? It's weird it stays the same when surface is different
Its hard to tell in the photos, but the symbols did shrink too! That paint color is a bit more intense. I've also noticed that her main seems to appear fuller because it is closer together, but still the same amount of hair.

Oooh neat!

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 07:22:55 AM »
Are they both the same country?  Even then they could be different factories if I remember right, it looks like one has s slightly more orange tone in her hair, but I'm on my phone so I can't tell if it's just my phone lol.

I was wondering this too!  I think there are two versions of Boysenberry Pie: one made in Hong Kong and the other made in China.  I believe I've heard that they have slight differences and one version is smaller than the other.  But it sounds like the plasticizer leakage may also contributing to her being smaller. 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline gold.standard

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 07:27:13 AM »
Are they both the same country?  Even then they could be different factories if I remember right, it looks like one has s slightly more orange tone in her hair, but I'm on my phone so I can't tell if it's just my phone lol.

I was wondering this too!  I think there are two versions of Boysenberry Pie: one made in Hong Kong and the other made in China.  I believe I've heard that they have slight differences and one version is smaller than the other.  But it sounds like the plasticizer leakage may also contributing to her being smaller.

Both are made in hong kong! And both have the same hair, the smaller one's hair looks fuller from it being closer together.

Currently seeking ponies: Galaxy, Dewdrop Dazzle, Flitterheart, Twinkleshine, Sweetie Swirl, Sweetpop, Cherry Treats, Buttons, Baby Lucky Clover, Swirly Whirly, Tutti Fruiti, Sweet Clover

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 07:34:03 AM »

Both are made in hong kong! And both have the same hair, the smaller one's hair looks fuller from it being closer together.

Oh how interesting! 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline gold.standard

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2016, 07:39:46 AM »

Oh how interesting!
Its the first time I've seen this kind of shrinkage! I have a couple ponies whos heads have shrunk, but not their bodies, leaving a very uneven neck line. And I've had rock hard TEs but no shrinkage. Very curious!
I'd love to know the chemical processes behind it all.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2016, 06:26:36 PM »

How interesting!
Good question! I wondered the same thing..

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2016, 07:59:45 PM »
Did you put her in the wash? :rofl:

In all honesty that is really strange but kind of neat!

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »
I've seen pictures of ponies (namely Whizzer) who have had a shrunken head, but I don't recall coming across a whole body shrinkage. Pretty cool. :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 05:44:10 PM »
Wow, this is so interesting.  I know there can be flutter ponies who are slightly larger/smaller but that was to do with different factory molds if I remember the thread correctly.  I've never directly noticed a smaller pony, if anything I would have thought they just weren't standing properly but I'll be keeping an eye out for shrinkies now!  :lol:

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 12:59:32 PM »
Hhhm... this is an interesting thread for me. :)

I have two Baby Apple Delights of different sizes, both made in HK. But the weird thing is, the softer one is actually the smaller of the two?  :blink:

She also has noticeably smaller apples on her symbols and her eyes are pink while the larger one's are lilac.

I know there are often differences between the China and HK versions, but this is new to me. I wonder if they are from different runs or made at different factories within HK.  :wonder:
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 05:22:41 PM »
Oh no . . . another consequence of aging ponies!

Now I have to check to see if my ponies look smaller . . .
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal