collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Caution with an ebay seller  (Read 736 times)

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
Caution with an ebay seller
« on: February 01, 2016, 07:55:48 PM »
There are some Brazil ponies up for auction that have had bids canceled as the amounts seem to be lower than they were earlier. I thought they were bid retractions by the bidder, but someone in a Facebook group said the seller canceled all her bids as "wrong bid". That is not the only thing. They are selling a sitting Bowtie that has Minty's head and tail instead of the rainbow colored hair like the one in the Nirvana gallery. I can't post links as they are still running but thought I would give a heads up. This is mainly to warn any collectors who may be new to collecting nirvana about the Bowtie pony. The bid thing may be accidental.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:09:32 PM by plushroo »

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Caution with an ebay seller
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 08:25:35 PM »
Oh, good call!!!!  Thanks for the warning!  I missed that Minty/Bow-Tie head swap!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 09:04:43 PM »
Maybe someone should contact the seller.  I read her description, and she may honestly think this is a variation of sitting bow-tie. 

One of the ponies was a bid retraction. 
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 03:22:40 AM »
I know about the supposed sitting bowtie variant and TBH I don't think it is one. Its much more likely to be a Minty head on a bow tie body (- much like when Sarah Bee thought she was buying a greek ladybird pony and it ended up being a ladybird body but with a cotton candy head on top). Whether the seller is aware of this or they genuinely think they have a variant is harder to tell.
Its up to people if they want to take the risk, but I'm doubtful that its a real variant personally. If there is something going on with bids being cancelled too it would make me even more cautious :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal