collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any weather enthusiasts/storm chasers here?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Any weather enthusiasts/storm chasers here?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 07:36:56 PM »
^Oh no. Someone else in Oklahoma! D: I'm glad it didn't hit your house and your cats are okay!

Kind of reminds me of the close-call I had with a tornado a few years back.

It was back when I was commuting to a university about an hour away and back. This particular day I had to go there JUST for a band rehearsal. All of my other classes had been canceled, but there was a random late band rehearsal that evening so I had to go anyway! D: (I joined this band ensemble because they needed a bassoon player, so I was the only one. I had to be there. =P)

I walked outside at the end and heard it was getting stormy, but it was only sprinkling on campus. I had a friend from orchestra who walked me to the bus station... It POURED on us about halfway there. Soaked through my backpack and made all of my books to where I couldn't sell them back. Thank goodness I left my instrument on campus!

I thought "The things I do for band..." and I also thought this was the end of the day, but I was wrong.

As I sat on the bus all cold and wet I started hearing reports of the storms starting to go severe. And, of course, tornado warnings. D: However, it was soooo far South and going straight east I wasn't even concerned with it.

I got to the campus in my city, and my dad came to pick me up. My mom was worried, but the tornado warnings were still so far to the South, we weren't worried. It was a long day. I was still wet. I wanted to go home!

As we got closer to home, the storm with the tornado warning practically teleported and was getting very close. We were on the turnpike, there was no where to really stop at this point. The night sky got very weird, and the wind and rain started swirling out on the street in front of us. I was thinking this is certainly not good. But thankfully, that's all it ever amounted to. By the time we got a mile or two out from my house, the sky started looking more normal and the rain stopped swirling, and I made it home safely. But my mom was in the bathroom with the dogs, because apparently there was a tornado that went right by where we drove.

Even scarier, we were on a bridge some of the time when the weather was acting so weird!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal