collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP G1 Vinyls Coming Soon  (Read 33692 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: MLP G1 Vinyls Coming Soon
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2016, 06:58:07 AM »
It's kinda cool to think that these are targeted at us collectors.

It sure is. :)

Pretty cool. This is kinda what so many collectors wanted, the execution may be different then we were expecting, but these are much better than the Firefly mini figure that came out recently. This could lead to more G1 ponies too.

Yes. For the record if they are doing this, I'd love to see the Tales group. Especially since we never got Teddy, Lancer and Ace.

Post Merge: February 03, 2016, 06:58:43 AM

They aren't out yet.  They will be soon.

If they follow the trend of the Transformers figures, there will be a number of regular figures which will be displayed on the box and three mystery figures a wave which are only in silohuette and rarer.  They will be the pony, the ribbons might be an accessory that comes with it.  Also, the Transformers came with a card that had their "Tech Specs" like the backcards of the original toys, so the ponies might also come with a card with their backcard stories as well.  We'll have to see when they actually hit shelves.

You gonna get any Al?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2016, 07:43:34 AM »
If anyone has a specific pony they want, you should let the company know.  Like, leave a message on their Facebook with a link to a picture.  The people producing them probably do not know much about G1 MLP compared to G1 Transformers and G.I. Joe, and are likely mainly going off character templates that Hasbro sent them.  (Which might explain the color inconsistencies, lol.) 

You may have noticed that Sundance's ribbon is yellow instead of blue, for example.  All her "retro" appearances show her with a yellow ribbon.  And Gusty with a red ribbon instead of pink, etc.

That said, the pony design does seem to be influenced heavily by RaMC, especially the hair (but also the face design and kind of the legs), which I'm very happy about.  Most retro G1 stuff looks very "G3" to me.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2016, 10:39:30 AM »
You gonna get any Al?
I'm waiting to see if we get more Year 4 ponies like Wind Whistler and Fizzy.  I might message them about it, but I'm not sure how to do it outside of Facebook.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2016, 11:05:28 AM »
You gonna get any Al?
I'm waiting to see if we get more Year 4 ponies like Wind Whistler and Fizzy.  I might message them about it, but I'm not sure how to do it outside of Facebook.
I remember seeing a photo of more ponies listed but it might have been a post here
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2016, 11:18:13 AM »
You gonna get any Al?

Ah.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2016, 04:12:53 PM »
I don't do facebook or that kind of social media but could someone let them know about a request for Majesty and post a pic please?  I'd really appreciate it.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2016, 10:18:37 PM »
Not a fan of these, but stoked for everyone who is!  Hope you all are able to get them :heart:  I prefer the original G1 rather than the retro reboots.  It is lovely to see companies give a shout out to original collectors and acknowledging where the brand came from  :)

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2016, 03:59:19 AM »
Oh my gosh- is that APPLEJACK I see on the end of the first photo past Sundance?  I was so excited about Snuzzle and Minty I totally forgot she was included.  I am so excited for these now  :biggrin:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 04:03:00 AM by brighteyes »
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2016, 08:05:37 AM »
Think these will show up at Hot Topic?

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2016, 08:39:20 AM »

Doubtful. Hot Topic is actively staying away from anything and everything MLP, it seems. They're already saying that they won't be carrying the Funko vinyl ponies anymore. I know, I know- "But G1 isn't G4" well... I'm not expecting HT to care about the difference. Pony is pony, and that's obviously not one of their focuses right now.

I could see these turning up at Barnes & Noble. They seem to be really big into carrying collectible figures and toys these days.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2016, 09:52:38 AM »

Doubtful. Hot Topic is actively staying away from anything and everything MLP, it seems. They're already saying that they won't be carrying the Funko vinyl ponies anymore. I know, I know- "But G1 isn't G4" well... I'm not expecting HT to care about the difference. Pony is pony, and that's obviously not one of their focuses right now.

I could see these turning up at Barnes & Noble. They seem to be really big into carrying collectible figures and toys these days.

Ah, I see. What a pity. Thanks for the insight Moonbeam. :)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2016, 10:05:18 AM »

Sure! I'm trying to think of other places that may carry these, other than online. Hopefully they pop up in a few different stores. B&N was just the only one I could think of off the top of my head.
Instagram / Want List

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2016, 10:37:39 AM »
They aren't out yet.  They will be soon.

If they follow the trend of the Transformers figures, there will be a number of regular figures which will be displayed on the box and three mystery figures a wave which are only in silohuette and rarer.  They will be the pony, the ribbons might be an accessory that comes with it.  Also, the Transformers came with a card that had their "Tech Specs" like the backcards of the original toys, so the ponies might also come with a card with their backcard stories as well.  We'll have to see when they actually hit shelves.

I know they're not out yet but do we know where they will be sold when they do come out? I'd like to keep an eye out and be ready when they come out.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2016, 10:50:35 AM »

Sure! I'm trying to think of other places that may carry these, other than online. Hopefully they pop up in a few different stores. B&N was just the only one I could think of off the top of my head.

I think someone earlier said Hastings might be an option too. They carry lots of collectibles. I hope they do because that's much closer to me than B&N is. As long as I have some way to get them!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal