collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Past Gen Allies Would You Like to See Return?  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What Past Gen Allies Would You Like to See Return?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 01:28:33 PM »
None.  They keep ruining the characters they bring back (I'm looking at you, Smooze).  I guess if they absolutely HAD to bring back older-generation characters, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Bushwoolies.  They were already kind of annoying.  I wouldn't particularly mind G4 ruining them.

No argument on the Smoozes ruination. It was more like sentient Nickelodeon Gak.
I call it the radioactive booger.

I would like to see G1 see some kind of revival, and I would like to see the U.K.'s approach to the princesses and their attendants featured rather than the American one.  Baby dragon attendants and their personalities is just so much better than bushwoolies and them all fighting over the crown.

I honestly wouldn't know but I'll take your guys word for it.

I agree, for obvious reasons, but I think the main argument for that approach is that they were all distinct characters over here, rather than a bunch of nearly identical spoiled brats.
Aquamarine was absent minded, Amethyst was well meaning but often things she did went wrong. Ruby was restless and often in a hurry. Pearl was gentle and sensitive and cried wishing pearls. Sapphire was the wisest (which is why she had the youngest baby dragon). Ah, and Amber - she always took charge of stuff, but when she said something was no problem it usually became a problem. The six dragons all also had personalities of their own, so it offers more story diversity overall. Bushwoolies are a collective, after all, and 'something that is one even when it is many'.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 01:47:48 PM »
And that greater diversity opens the door for more storytelling.  It also means they can be featured as individual characters with different kinds of adventures befitting each of them.

Though, they only got one story in the TV series, so they never had a chance to really develop their individual characters.

At least they didn't have terrible metaphors making up half their dialogue like the Big Brother ponies.  "Fourth down and five yards to go."  Quarterback/Score says it like it's a good thing, when it actually an really bad thing.  "We're in the Red Zone." or "It's first and goal." would have been better analogies.

But we're getting off topic.  I agree these writers can't do anything from g1 really any justice.  They'd even figure out how to screw up bushwoolies.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 07:15:20 PM »
I want to say the bringing the Moochick back would be a fun idea but like everyone else has said it would probably end up being only a new completely different character being named Mr. Moochick and not having anything to do with the G1 version.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 08:22:48 AM »
I want to say the bringing the Moochick back would be a fun idea but like everyone else has said it would probably end up being only a new completely different character being named Mr. Moochick and not having anything to do with the G1 version.

Ponyfan

Probably, but how hard can it be for the writers to do Senile Dumbledore and competent animal Assistant?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 10:56:02 AM »
Probably, but how hard can it be for the writers to do Senile Dumbledore and competent animal Assistant?
Considering these writers, extremely hard.  They can't leave well enough alone and work with the winning formula.  They have to do their own brand "cool" with it, which typically robs the character of everything that made them iconic in the first place.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 12:56:23 PM »
Considering these writers, extremely hard.  They can't leave well enough alone and work with the winning formula.  They have to do their own brand "cool" with it, which typically robs the character of everything that made them iconic in the first place.

*sigh*
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal