collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Differing opinions on definition problem with Jamiedey5 (arena) Jammiepie5 ebay  (Read 14344 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Jamie, the reason Tak started this thread was because she wanted to be able to accurately describe ponies. It was apparently a misunderstanding about the listing.

There is no reason to call people names here. You didn't have to immediately open a case. A buyer should be able to communicate with a seller for misunderstandings. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline JamieDey5

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • On a Pony hunt!
    • View Profile
...PS...they were not being SOLD "AS IS" when i viewed her thread..they were said to be in good condition which is why i PMd her with my questions... I can deal with removable marks I said no mold and they had mostly that...mold. so i requested a return...and she denied a return.

Post Merge: February 16, 2016, 11:59:13 AM

Jamie, the reason Tak started this thread was because she wanted to be able to accurately describe ponies. It was apparently a misunderstanding about the listing.

There is no reason to call people names here. You didn't have to immediately open a case. A buyer should be able to communicate with a seller for misunderstandings.

I have no comlaints about her starting the thread for that reason...i have a problem with her posting my user name having people block me for a misunderstanding and not having her defending what actually happened. in turn making people not trust me...sh can post questions without using my name making me out to be a problem.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:59:13 AM by JamieDey5 »

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Jamie did not ask to keep the ponies. I offered since I had disappointed her as a seller and the stress/cost of returning wasn't right for me. She did say no mold, I didn't smell mold. I do live in a very moldy city. I did not have "as is" on my thread until after her sale. This thread was started to try to determine a better definition of what fair, good, great, excellent, etc means. I've never taken a head off a pony, so never look inside. I'm selling now for barely what I paid, cheaper in big lots if I can, and dirt cheap locally whenever possible. Selling is not for me. The biggest stress was and is the hold on my funds that the dispute caused.

Offline JamieDey5

• On a Pony hunt!
    • View Profile
Jamie did not ask to keep the ponies. I offered since I had disappointed her as a seller and the stress/cost of returning wasn't right for me. She did say no mold, I didn't smell mold. I do live in a very moldy city. I did not have "as is" on my thread until after her sale. This thread was started to try to determine a better definition of what fair, good, great, excellent, etc means. I've never taken a head off a pony, so never look inside. I'm selling now for barely what I paid, cheaper in big lots if I can, and dirt cheap locally whenever possible. Selling is not for me. The biggest stress was and is the hold on my funds that the dispute caused.

Thank you for clarifying this to everyone...again i am sorry opening a case did this..i didnt know you were new to paypal until after everything went down. If i could do things over again i would have waited longer to hear back from you.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
I have no comlaints about her starting the thread for that reason...i have a problem with her posting my user name having people block me for a misunderstanding and not having her defending what actually happened. in turn making people not trust me...sh can post questions without using my name making me out to be a problem.

Tak's original post did not call you out. People in the thread asked for a name, and the title was modified by a mod.

Since you have given your side, I'm sure the original post will take out the bit about the listing.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline JamieDey5

• On a Pony hunt!
    • View Profile

I have never had any bad blood with anyone and have always been beyond nice and understanding my feedback proves this...I had no idea this thread even existed and the things being said is nothing short hurtful... thank you Rhubarbpie for letting me know!

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I'm sorry it's so out of proportion Jamie. I hope we can be on amicable terms from here on.

Offline JamieDey5

• On a Pony hunt!
    • View Profile
same here. thank you for clearing everything up...sorry you felt the way that you did, wish you would have come to me about any questions you had concerning my actions. would never take advantage of anyone, just as you wouldnt.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
JamieDey5
Hopefully you don't mind me responding. In the thread when I read it, I saw someone who was new who truly didn't want to disappoint or inadvertently take advantage of her customers.

I'm also picky, and I have bought a lot. Here are things I've noticed, and how I buy. As a collector- I am VERY, VERY, VERY picky with my personal collection. No loose heads, touch ups, restores, replaced parts, etc etc etc. And, being on the forums/ebay for a number of years my personal experience has been that, very often other collectors opinions of VGC, Excellent, NM, Mint have been are a far cry from mine. It's very rare I get a VGC,Ex pony in better condition then described (in my opinion of those collecting terms) from a fellow collector.

There are a group of us though that are as picky, and among us a perfect or near perfect or perfect ponies, especially early ponies like moondancer/glory will be sold with detailed photos in the best lighting and a detailed description at a premium- no way anything close to $7 more like $18-30 per piece. When you are talking about a $3-$4 pony, you are taking a chance.

That said, There are many people who don't know how, or unable to take accurate, clear detailed photos (because they only have a cell or tablet). or whose noses don't work as well, or have seen enough examples of something to know what an excellent version of that specific character looks like. and, for the most part I see pricing in these listings is in-line for the detail provided and gamble a buyer assumes.

I still buy "unknowns" BUT I anticipate flaws that could be unseen or missed in the quality of that photo. But I only buy from these listings when they are priced in a way that if I receive something that a quick gentle clean leaves something better then anticipated I am stoked, and the pony is part of my collection or if there are more flaws present I consider expected I could at least recoup my cost for a little of my time, or if about what I thought clean the pony as a gift for my not picky collecting friend. Seller gets good FB and life goes on. *adding this: I buy for two collections. While I am picky, my friend isn't and we often collect together, and gift back and forth. she's thrilled with my restore skills so I am not always after pristine ponies and I love being able to get way more bang for my buck just add elbow grease buying her ponies overall* Same lady who pretty much collected my other gens for me  :heart:. *

If it's grossly misrepresented, or packaged in a way that causes or could cause damage a nice note to the seller first explaining it- and don't assume they intentionally did something wrong, as they may not know what to look for, or even how to identify that issue. Most here love ponies and do not want to put one over on another or disappoint or upset a fellow collector. those that do don't last long before being banned. Automatically starting a claim is a no-no and I assumed on ebay too when I was new in the olden days. I know I'd want someone to contact me first before opening a claim, I always gave others that same courtesy.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:25:27 PM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline JamieDey5

• On a Pony hunt!
    • View Profile
JamieDey5
Hopefully you don't mind me responding. In the thread when I read it, I saw someone who was new who truly didn't want to disappoint or inadvertently take advantage of her customers.

I'm also picky, and I have bought a lot. Here are things I've noticed, and how I buy. As a collector- I am VERY, VERY, VERY picky with my personal collection. No loose heads, touch ups, restores, replaced parts, etc etc etc. And, being on the forums/ebay for a number of years my personal experience has been that, very often other collectors opinions of VGC, Excellent, NM, Mint have been are a far cry from mine. It's very rare I get a VGC,Ex pony in better condition then described (in my opinion of those collecting terms) from a fellow collector.

There are a group of us though that are as picky, and among us a perfect or near perfect or perfect ponies, especially early ponies like moondancer/glory will be sold with detailed photos in the best lighting and a detailed description at a premium- no way anything close to $7 more like $18-30 per piece. When you are talking about a $3-$4 pony, you are taking a chance.

That said, There are many people who don't know how, or unable to take accurate, clear detailed photos (because they only have a cell or tablet). or whose noses don't work as well, or have seen enough examples of something to know what an excellent version of that specific character looks like. and, for the most part I see pricing in these listings is in-line for the detail provided and gamble a buyer assumes.

I still buy "unknowns" BUT I anticipate flaws that could be unseen or missed in the quality of that photo. But I only buy from these listings when they are priced in a way that if I receive something that a quick gentle clean leaves something better then anticipated I am stoked, and the pony is part of my collection or if there are flaws present I consider expected I could at least recoup my cost for a little of my time, or clean the pony as a gift for my not picky collecting friend. Seller gets good FB and life goes on.

If it's grossly misrepresented, or packaged in a way that causes or could cause damage a nice note to the seller first explaining it- and don't assume they intentionally did something wrong, as they may not know what to look for, or even how to identify that issue. Most here love ponies and do not want to put one over on another or disappoint or upset a fellow collector. those that do don't last long before being banned. Automatically starting a claim is a no-no and I assumed on ebay too when I was new in the olden days. I know I'd want someone to contact me first before opening a claim, I always gave others that same courtesy.

understandably... I am also new to the arena and they offer no protection from scammers so yeah my guard was especially seeing she hadnt been here long either..I did message her before opening a case  thro paypal...unfortunately it was at the same time she decided to respond to the message i sent her...had she not been new to paypal it wouldnt have affected her account negatively in any way especially since i closed it as a resolved problem...i did not know she was new to paypal either until afterwards. I love the Arena because i can find dirty used ponies for a great price that only need to be cleaned and styled that are great for my own collection...i do restorations all the time...you can see some of them in threads ive opened. I also restore the lots i buy on ebay and re sell on ebay, which are moe often that not, NOT in the best condition especially for my collection which is why i re sell them. I never and do not deal with any kind of mold which is why i asked specifically, because of that. I requested a return and it was denied so what am i to do? i dont have the need for them so i gave them to some one that could use them. i gained nothing but bad words from that whole experience and do not deserved the treatment i got anymore than TAK does for her misunderstanding of what a moldy pony looks and smells like.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
JamieDey5

I still buy "unknowns" BUT I anticipate flaws that could be unseen or missed in the quality of that photo. But I only buy from these listings when they are priced in a way that if I receive something that a quick gentle clean leaves something better then anticipated I am stoked, and the pony is part of my collection or if there are flaws present I consider expected I could at least recoup my cost for a little of my time, or clean the pony as a gift for my not picky collecting friend. Seller gets good FB and life goes on.

understandably... I am also new to the arena and they offer no protection from scammers so yeah my guard was especially seeing she hadnt been here long either..I did message her before opening a case  thro paypal...unfortunately it was at the same time she decided to respond to the message i sent her...had she not been new to paypal it wouldnt have affected her account negatively in any way especially since i closed it as a resolved problem...i did not know she was new to paypal either until afterwards. I love the Arena because i can find dirty used ponies for a great price that only need to be cleaned and styled that are great for my own collection...i do restorations all the time...you can see some of them in threads ive opened. I also restore the lots i buy on ebay and re sell on ebay, which are moe often that not, NOT in the best condition especially for my collection which is why i re sell them. I never and do not deal with any kind of mold which is why i asked specifically, because of that. I requested a return and it was denied so what am i to do? i dont have the need for them so i gave them to some one that could use them. i gained nothing but bad words from that whole experience and do not deserved the treatment i got anymore than TAK does for her misunderstanding of what a moldy pony looks and smells like.

Unfortunately, smells can be a tricky one. I haven't had an issue with cigarette smoke smell on the forums- because it's so very pungent, pretty much anyone knows it shouldn't be there or someone else in the house gags when they bring in those ponies even if they themselves can't smell it (but have been burnt by smoke smell on ebay- if someone smokes inside they often haven't a clue their wares STINK.)

Mildew smell and mold unfortunately there are many people who don't know that smell shouldn't be there or can't smell it, there are some areas where most houses have that damp basement smell. And sadly, asking the seller to hold a pony to a light and checking for a dark shadow to be sure she's free of internal grime doesn't always say that smell isn't there.

The island where I live is pretty bad (Vancouver Island, west coast), with our moist rainy climate some houses I can't go into they are so overwhelming with damp basement smell, and many more have it to a lesser degree. we spend a lot keeping our house safe from that w/insulation heating and dehumidifying. the people can't smell it who grew up or live in a musty house though). There are a number of climates that cause the same issue more often. Even in clear homes, someone may not be able to smell something you can. my nose is normally very good, but where I used to live out east when ragweed season hit, I couldn't use my nose at all, and barely taste food even taking allergy pills until the frost hit. Other conditions can cause loss of some, or most/all of the sense of smell and a good number of people have this issue. So if it's something that will make you ill smelling, or cause an allergic reaction I'd advise keeping to more experienced sellers and ask if they are also picky about smells, and can detect mildew/mold smell. Sort of how people who have severe animal allergies only buy from pet free sellers. :) Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 06:41:56 PM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Threads like these are why if I ever sell ponies, I list them as "bait" "very played with" condition with lots of flaws, many of which are not easily photographed.  And then a photo of each side of the pony.

Lately, I've just given them away because all that work is sometimes not worth the effort for a $4 pony...

Offline lovebeam

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
And not everyones nose works either. I have had so much damage to my sinuses over the years that I have lost all sense of smell.
2,2 2 names in one! Lovebeam @ Cobralily

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Threads like these are why if I ever sell ponies, I list them as "bait" "very played with" condition with lots of flaws, many of which are not easily photographed.  And then a photo of each side of the pony.

Lately, I've just given them away because all that work is sometimes not worth the effort for a $4 pony...

I understand this. so many common played with I try and sell well under market, as-is lazy sales. other then something really offensive (bad smells etc) it's generic, expect flaws "poor, heavy restoration needed may have the following.... " group picture in rows. My time is worth more to me then spending months selling and making a few extra dollars per pony. If enough potential buyers start requesting novels of details on each I sort of give up and start giving them away/ donating them.

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile

Not worth it for sure. I'll stick to trade, swap, or buy... and have my mother smell for mold. She's like a bloodhound.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal