collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spoiler! Name and Gender Revealed of Cadance's and Shining's Baby  (Read 8596 times)

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
Re: Spoiler! Name and Gender Revealed of Cadance's and Shining's Baby
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2016, 03:08:24 AM »

And let's be honest, who wasn't expecting Cadance to have a baby to sell a baby princess toy as soon as you learned she was pregnant?

I just saw the clip with Flurry.  I really wish they'd stick with the foal designs they made with Pound and Pumpkin Cake. Her eyes are too big (but cute on their own), her horn is too big and her wings are so big they're practically a birth defect (although I like the gradient).

I called it almost immediately after the wedding episode years ago. What else does one do with a newlywed royal couple in a girl's cartoon?  >>;

I'm glad they didn't reuse that same model for Flurry Heart they did for Pound/Pumpkin Cake. Don't get me wrong, I think they are as cute as can be, but she's supposedly an important character (for at least one episode or so anyway). I think it would seem pretty lazy on the part of the character designers to reuse some stock character models they've got lying around. Even lazier when some other ponies we will never see again and gag characters have distinct animation models.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2016, 05:14:55 AM »
Well what else can you expect from those two. The baby was going to be a combination of features of both parents and Cadence is pink as pink can be so the baby was definitely going to have pink somewhere even if it was just the hair and you can't have pink on a boy because that's just not allowed no siree bob.
Well the combination this is not always a thing. Twilight's parents are Navy Blue and a paler whitish blue or pale grey.. while Twilight is purple, although I think she has her mother's hair. Rarity and Sweetie Belle are both a brighter white than their dad (their mom is pink) But neither of the girls got their dad's hair color XD Then there is Pound and Pumpkin Cake... They only seem to take somewhat after their father's color.. though it's stretching it...

I think with the color thing Hasbro is all over the place XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2016, 08:36:10 AM »
And I think the reason her toy is so pink is because the castle lights up, remember?? And she's clear... so SHE'LL light up too, appearing much paler pink once lit up.

This'd make sense! I definitely agree with you :) Even if she doesn't light up, I'd bet that they thought that translucent pink plastic would just look more appealing than 'white' translucent plastic, if that makes sense.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2016, 08:55:34 AM »
Just chiming in, I think she's adorable, I'll be getting the playset for my daughter no questions asked!

I agree! If this is what babies looked like in real life, I'd have become a mom!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2016, 09:51:44 AM »
I too think she is adorbs but she comes with a huge playset I don't have space or money for.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2016, 01:16:01 PM »
The Crystal Empire playset is so basic.  They should at least add some paint apps so it's not just a blob of translucent green.

I guess I should give them points for making it green instead of pink, though.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 01:18:07 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2016, 04:30:19 PM »
I wouldn't mind brushables of a family set with Canadence, Shining Armor and their new baby but I don't think they'll make one.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2016, 04:39:15 PM »
I wouldn't mind brushables of a family set with Canadence, Shining Armor and their new baby but I don't think they'll make one.

We need family sets of all the main six.. with the parents... probably won't happen though because of the boys... would be too satisfying for us to get Big Mac, Rarity's Dad, Rainbow's Dad, and Twilight's Dad...

For Sale Wants

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2016, 05:20:29 PM »

Putting out re-issues of Cadance and Shining Armor toys just to make people spend $25 on a single new baby DOES fit in with Hasbro's evil marketing plans, so maybe we will indeed see this.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2016, 05:47:27 PM »

We need family sets of all the main six.. with the parents... probably won't happen though because of the boys... would be too satisfying for us to get Big Mac, Rarity's Dad, Rainbow's Dad, and Twilight's Dad...

That I would love, this I am not that thrilled with.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2016, 06:39:14 PM »
She's the pony Dumbo, but with wings instead of ears!!

YES!!! I was wondering If I was the only one that was thinking that!

sailorstitch

Kanchii

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2016, 06:43:45 PM »
I feel like her wings/horn being so huge was part of why Twilight and the gang were surprised when they saw her - like she looked strange. That'd be an interesting plot. Maybe she'll grow up to be epic like Cadence and Luna? Wouldn't that be awesome? Super magical or something.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2016, 10:50:51 PM »
She's the pony Dumbo, but with wings instead of ears!!

YES!!! I was wondering If I was the only one that was thinking that!

sailorstitch

She's gonna be floating around before she can walk with wings that big!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Princess Lala

Re: Spoiler! Name and Gender Revealed of Cadance\'s and Shining\'s Baby
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2016, 12:24:49 AM »
:heart:

I'm going to be the black sheep here and say I'm a million times over happy with the baby and her name! There was no way I was expecting it to be a boy, and I was going to be very disappointed if there wasn't a splotch of pink on her anywhere! xD Its Hasbro anyway, its expected to be something pink and princess LOL! Honestly I had a better chance of winning that powerball a few weeks ago than Hasbro ever making a NEW character that is also a boy. I'm VERY happy she is an alicorn. Overrated, maybe, but I am sappy and suckery for anything pink and I love alicorns.

She is just so adorable and absolutely perfect to me! I can already tell just by looking at her she will be über adorable and my new favorite character ever followed by Cadance and Fluttershy! I can tell she is going to be powerful indeed!

I will be buying that play set asap!!!! (∩_∩)

Post Merge: January 30, 2016, 12:29:22 AM

Just chiming in, I think she's adorable, I'll be getting the playset for my daughter no questions asked!

I agree! If this is what babies looked like in real life, I'd have become a mom!

Same! I would try  have like 4 kids by now if people babies where cute to me like this alicorn baby! O.o I think Flurry Heart is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Omg so much kawaiiiiii! :heart: Why could I have been born a girl cartoon pony whyyyyy lolol.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:29:22 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2016, 07:25:55 AM »
I'll just be happy if it's not pink or purple. But that's probably too much to ask. After all, this toy line is aimed at girls, and I know how much you ladies love pink. You can't get enough of it!!! Sometimes I feel bad for ladies that this is such a man's world, where so many things do not come in the pink color scheme that you need to survive. But maybe some day. I hear they've finally made ink pens in pink and purple, so that women can join their male counterparts in the world of written language, whereas before, ladies had nothing to write with. Congratulations, women of the world! YES YOU CAN!

OMG MANIMAL! That just made me nearly fall off the couch loling ....  gotta love it. -continues snickering and throws fakies at him-
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal