collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pictures of a pony room/guest room?  (Read 581 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Pictures of a pony room/guest room?
« on: January 18, 2016, 11:38:45 AM »
I'm going to attempt to redo my house in the summer. It will be a slow process of course since all of that costs money. I've been debating turning my larger spare room into a pony room/guest room. I know there is a thread topic here with pics of pony rooms, bio would like to see ones that are no just a specifically for ponies. I was thinking China cabinets along one wall and then a smaller twin bed or something. I've also been looking at desks to move my work area in there at a small corner desk or something. The room itself would be more decorated in Alice in wonderland than ponies as I'm a big Alice collector, but I thought the ponies would fit in just fine. When you guys use the room for more than one purpose do you feel you have enough room? Does having the ponies in a guest room creep your guests out? Used to my dad had a friend when I as a kid that would come stay a week every year and they would go hunting. When I was about ten I starts having to let him use my room to sleep and I stayed in the couch. Mom later told me the guy couldn't sleep at night with her massive nut cracker collection in the toom(she had hundreds) and said he felt like they were watching him all night.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline pseudomonas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pseudomonas' website
Re: Pictures of a pony room/guest room?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 12:11:51 PM »
Do you have Alice-themed custom ponies?

Offline Wiseman

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 01:35:19 PM »
My pony room doubles as an office and I feel that I have enough room. I use a large kallax ikea shelf and its just a backdrop behind me when I'm at my desk (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70301542/). I'll try to post a picture later tonight.

As far as sleeping that depends on the guest. I suppose if the amount of ponies was kept small they wouldnt feel too many eyes on them; but again this depends on the guest as I'm sure a lot of people on this forum would have no problem sleeping surrounded by ponies.

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 03:00:43 PM »
My pony room is a guest bedroom and has a desk for my projects!  I use the longest wall for Ikea's Billy system as well as the entire closet for ponies.  My original plan was to put the desk on the opposite wall but I soon realized I needed a twin bed in there as well.  I don't have a recent picture so all you see here is the twin bed and the corner of the table.  It's a little tighter than I would like and that arrangement didn't work when I unfolded the Ikea table out to it's full length.  I ended up moving the table in front of the pony cabinets which means I can't access all the shelved ponies without moving furniture.  But, I rarely move ponies anyway, so it's not a big deal. 

It really only feels small when I don't clean up my mess!  I have a large curtain in front of the cabinets to protect the ponies from light and to just make the space "cleaner" and more uniform.  I don't have overnight guests much and I really wouldn't care if the ponies freaked them out but the curtain does mute that potential effect!  ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So, twin bed behind me and you can kind of see where there's the table in front of me.

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 04:35:10 PM »
Spoiler
My pony room is a guest bedroom and has a desk for my projects!  I use the longest wall for Ikea's Billy system as well as the entire closet for ponies.  My original plan was to put the desk on the opposite wall but I soon realized I needed a twin bed in there as well.  I don't have a recent picture so all you see here is the twin bed and the corner of the table.  It's a little tighter than I would like and that arrangement didn't work when I unfolded the Ikea table out to it's full length.  I ended up moving the table in front of the pony cabinets which means I can't access all the shelved ponies without moving furniture.  But, I rarely move ponies anyway, so it's not a big deal. 

It really only feels small when I don't clean up my mess!  I have a large curtain in front of the cabinets to protect the ponies from light and to just make the space "cleaner" and more uniform.  I don't have overnight guests much and I really wouldn't care if the ponies freaked them out but the curtain does mute that potential effect!  ;)

So, twin bed behind me and you can kind of see where there's the table in front of me.

I always LOVE seeing your display! It's what sold the Billy shelves with the glass doors for me, lol. I also really love the pegboard for your MOC ponies.  :lovey:

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 07:56:42 PM »
My pony room was the guest room in our house until just recently when I moved into it myself. I have never had any guests that minded being in around the ponies, they were usually quite amused! My room isn't just a "walls of ponies" room, though. It was styled as a child's bedroom/playroom, so perhaps it looked more natural? I also don't have as many ponies as some of the other collectors around here! 350 or so, and then a fair amount of merch.

Unfortunately the room is in the most dreadful mess right now so I can't share any pictures! It's certainly not as impressive as Aadra's, though! Goodness what a room that is! :lovey:

I do definitely recommend getting a shop display (like the rack Aadra has their MOCs on) if you have anything still in it's packaging. I have a rescued shop display for all of my G4 things and it is wonderful. You can actually buy the slatboard or pegboard piece, depending on which is your preference, at hardware stores, as well as a wide variety of different hooks. I have mine up on the wall so nothing can get knocked down when people are coming in and out, and it's great. That at least is not a mess, so I'll see if I can grab a shot later.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:01:47 PM by Nonnavlis »

Offline JamieDey5

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • On a Pony hunt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 11:34:44 AM »
IN LOVE WITH YOUR PONY WALL! Great ideas... <3 I dont care if my ponies creep out my guests either lol, i have them in my guest room as well :)

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 11:38:08 AM »
Spoiler

I always LOVE seeing your display! It's what sold the Billy shelves with the glass doors for me, lol. I also really love the pegboard for your MOC ponies.  :lovey:

I second this I love your collection so tidy and organised

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal