collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's the weirdest story you have about getting a pony?  (Read 3946 times)

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
What's the weirdest story you have about getting a pony?
« on: January 17, 2016, 12:22:37 AM »
Lorelei's post inspired me on this, lol, but what's the weirdest story you have about getting a pony?
Finding a "wild" one in some weird place, finding weird things inside their bodies, having to go through a weird experience to acquire them, ponies in such odd condition you wonder how their lives before coming to you were, etc. Anything weird or interesting! I'm curious to know what stories your ponies all have.

I personally don't really have any, except maybe for when I was a kid one of my friends gave me a few of her ponies that she had two of, and her mother yelled at -me- for it. xD What.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Nonnavlis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Re: What's the weirdest story you have about getting a pony?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 01:02:55 AM »
I have exactly half of the G1 nursery playset, and every time I see it I wonder how on earth someone managed to A: separate it, and B: keep their entire childhood collection (I bought it as one big lost from an attic-cleaning mum of a grown daughter) except for half of the nursery. That's definitely my pony thing in the oddest condition. Like, other than that it's in pretty good shape and the important accessories are there, there's just only half of it... XD Makes me laugh, though.

I don't think I've ever found a pony in a truly strange place. I've gotten plenty of odd looks from eight year olds when I was a teenager buying their ponies off them at yard sales, but I don't think that counts, aha.

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Kai, he/him or they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 06:54:16 AM »
When I bought my first brushable, it wasn't on purpose. I was trying to buy a "blind bag"-style Twilight Sparkle online, and the seller sent me a brushable one instead. I decided to keep her anyway, and wound up getting into collecting the brushable ponies  :silly:
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 07:02:10 AM »
In 2005 or 2006, I can't remember, I found a G1 newborn twin sitting in the grass by the road only a block from my home. Scariest part was it was one I needed!( my sis joked it was coming to joinnites sister, since I had just gotten the other one).

Another time a kid I know mabe her mom stop and rescue a baby pony out of the road so she could give it to me, hehe; it was baby Starbow!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 07:21:33 AM »
Last year, I was at Walmart and bought a Rarity and Princess Luna brushable 2-pack.  This toy was like 3 years old.  The Walmart wasn't just behind on their toys, because everything else was the current stuff and I had been there before and they didn't have this two-pack.  I always wondered how it got there.  Did someone return it after 3 years?  If so, kudos on their receipt keeping skills.

One time I got a g1 baby in good condition for free at a yard sale.  It was odd because it was the only g1 pony there and the people were selling g4 ponies. So why was that one free if you're selling other ponies?  At another garage sale, that was like at a little car repair place, it was nothing but tools except for some g1 ponies!

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 07:39:21 AM »
A guy on a french second hand website sold a lot of g4 fashion style .There was luna , celestia, cadance and shining armor, the first twilight and rarity with no clothes, first rainbow with just her dress, and first aj with all her accessories.I wanted shining and cadance (because i love cadance but i still haven't a brushable of her), so i ordered them...The price was a little higher than i calculated, but i thought the shipping was higher.I got the ponies and...It was rainbow and AJ.AJ was a higher price because she was complete, so now i knew what happened.But due to AJ's rarity i don't think i did a mistake by keeping them...And the cherry on the cake : the seller sent me a little brushable g4 pinkie because he sent the package a little late.So everything was fine!

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 07:42:07 AM »
I was at a fleamarket digging and digging through a BIG pile of boy toys- matchbox cars and plastic action figures. Nothing to indicate any ponies, but I had a feeling... suddenly I saw the silky hair, and there was Newborn Twin Bigtop! And another dig turned up Toppy!! They were the only ponies in that pile, so I'm glad I didn't give up!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 08:19:37 AM »
Two stories. I found rr eg pinkie pie for three dollars brand new at target. They hadn't had her in for months. Must have dug her out of the back for clearance before fg.
My other was in with the toys at a moms swap. Mainly for children's clothing. She was just sitting in a pile.

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 09:10:39 AM »
weirdest place to find a pony: Merry Treats on the dumpster behind the apartment complex I lived in a the time.
Weirdest thing to find in a pony: the pot stash in Munchy that I'm trying to permanently de-stink
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 09:30:05 AM »
I was at a fleamarket digging and digging through a BIG pile of boy toys- matchbox cars and plastic action figures. Nothing to indicate any ponies, but I had a feeling... suddenly I saw the silky hair, and there was Newborn Twin Bigtop! And another dig turned up Toppy!! They were the only ponies in that pile, so I'm glad I didn't give up!

lol :D this reminds me och that one story XD
I am known for my insane pony-sense when visiting fleamarkets. I seem to sense when there are ponies and I find them in the most unusual boxes and such. So, one day I was visiting a fleamarket with a fellow collector who was pretty new to collecting back then (it was about 10 years ago from now btw). Of course we were looking for ponies lol, who guessed that. But we didnt have any luck... but when we were done and wanted to leave my friend remarked that we sadly didnt find any ponies and the moment she said that my pony-sense started tingling! We had just passed a random stall of somebody selling mostly ceramics when I suddenly felt the urge to look right into one of the countless boxes they had. I said "Wait, I gotta look right there!" and bowed down to one of the box. And ta-daaa, G1 BeachBall was in there, hidden under lots of old and used ceramics. I took her, paid her and gave her to my speechless buddy... she still has her, lol.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 09:40:11 AM »
I'm going to preface this with saying that I've been collecting for a *long* time and have always had notoriously terrible luck finding ponies second hand in the wild.

I went through this weird phase where I absolutely HAD to get my hands on a BBE Heart Throb. I kept coming in to sale threads literally the day after she sold from sellers here. I'd get outbid last second ebay. I remember thinking "I thought people *hated* BBEs? Why is this so hard?!"

On a whim, I went to the local Salvation Army and dug through their toys. Of course, I found nothing. The friend I was with was buying a skirt, though, so we went up to the check out and lo and behold, the *one* pony they had in the entire store was none other than BBE Heart Throb, and she was sitting right at the register. I snapped her up and squealed and my friend was like "*That* is the pony you've been after?"

She was in reasonably good condition (could stand an upgrade) but I'm going to keep her forever just based on the weird circumstances of her discovery :)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 09:44:21 AM »
Random Garage Sale of mostly well used household type items, and zero toys. I was digging through a box of cutlery (no idea why), and found Baby Milkweed at the bottom. The guy said I could have her for free!

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 09:49:06 AM »
I also have my EG octavia, which i couldn't find in stores because she wasn't out in france (and never was).One of my friend went to Toys'rus, saw her and didn't picked her because she bought another one.So when i told her that i had been searching her for one year, she went to the store and bought her for me for christmas (along with one for her, they were the last ones).

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2016, 10:09:45 AM »
In one thrift store I found a pony's head, alone. :blink: (Squeezer's.) Not sure how it lost its body. Pretty weird. 

In 2005 or 2006, I can't remember, I found a G1 newborn twin sitting in the grass by the road only a block from my home. Scariest part was it was one I needed!( my sis joked it was coming to joinnites sister, since I had just gotten the other one).

Another time a kid I know mabe her mom stop and rescue a baby pony out of the road so she could give it to me, hehe; it was baby Starbow!

Aww, I love your stories! Seems exactly like that NBT was coming to join its sister. Kind of like Homeward Bound or something. XD)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 10:25:25 AM »
I'm sure I've told this story here..

but at the flea market, there was this old man with a bunch of stuff that came out of a garage or a dude's work shop. Like, buckets of paint, tools, tons of dirt, and junk etc etc. I mean, most of it was junk. He had everything crammed in this trailer. And in the trailer I see a little tiny pink thing in the middle of all of it. :O holy goodness, it was a pony!

So I'm like "hey sir, will you take 50 cents for that pony". He was SO confused. Then he saw it and was like "yeah, ok". :) And I took home this greasy, dirty, Peachy-- who cleaned up pretty nicely.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal