collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you organize/store your accessories?  (Read 929 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
How do you organize/store your accessories?
« on: January 07, 2016, 06:42:16 AM »
I've been going through my accessories and getting them organized -- figuring out what belongs to who, putting like things together, etc. I sorted Pony Wear into proper sets and put playset accessories together -- Show Stable, Pretty Parlor, etc. (before, it had been somewhat of a mishmash). As I did so, I wondered how you guys keep your accessories organized. Right now I'm using Ziploc bags, as none of my accessories are on display, but I'm wondering what to do for my combs and brushes. I want to keep straight which comb/brush came with who, but it seems silly to put each in a Ziploc bag . . .

So, how do you keep your accessories organized? Not just brushes (though I'd certainly like advice on that front), but everything?

Oh -- and are there any good accessory checklists online?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:51:56 AM by Haruna »

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: How do you organize/store your accessories?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 06:53:44 AM »
With the kinda small g4 collection i have, i have all my accesories in one box and i remember which is for which pony, but i think later i'll need to classify them when my collection starts to be big.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 07:44:40 AM »
I also use plastic bags.  As for brushes and combs, I put entire sets in one bag.  Like, all So-soft brushes go in one bag and then I have a piece of paper with the pony name and which brush is hers written in pencil (don't want ink to rub on anything!) put in the bag.  Then, I have those photo storage boxes that I put the baggies in!  They stack nicely and look uniform.  I bought bigger bags and bigger storage boxes for playset accessories.  Bought all the boxes at Ikea so, regardless of size, they all "go" together. 

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 07:47:31 AM »
Zip-locks or other small plastic containers for the moment. I would love shelf space for all of them someday!

Karebearcntdwn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 01:39:06 PM »
With combs and brushes I usually try to lean them up against the pony it came with so it looks complete. With Barrettes I would put those in the ponies hair and I don't collect large play sets at the moment for I have no room for them. Hats are just like the combs/brushes as they are placed in front of the pony they came with and anything like cribs or changing tables those actually help me display babies that would otherwise get lost in the sea of adults I have. Maybe putting small accessories in food saver bags would work? It would defiantly save room lol.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 01:46:13 PM »
I don't have a ton of accessories, so I just have them in Ziploc bags by generation with Equestria girls separate.

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 02:14:53 PM »
Mostly in plastic tubs and ziploc bags--though I have a small grocery bag for Equestria Girls stuff. I tend to keep playset stuff in a ziploc bag with the playset, but everything else is just kinda mish-mashed together--I don't have a lot of room for organization :(

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 03:01:27 PM »
Most of mine I stuck in my empty Funko boxes. I don't really have any of it organized, it's just all kind of thrown in there.  I'd like to get a lunch tin or bucket or something, since there's not much room left.

Offline Bibsy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 03:58:29 PM »
I do ziploc bags by set, sometimes I use small bags for individual ponies if there are more accessories than just combs and ribbons.

As for keeping track, I use my accessory database.  There's a link to download a blank copy in my signature. :)

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 12:41:30 AM »
I do the best I can to display original accessories with the pony on the shelf. The ones I don't I pretty much do what everyone else does, store them in ziplock bags in boxes.

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 07:39:51 AM »
Sounds like a lot of us use Ziploc bags! Where would we be without them :lol:

I also use plastic bags.  As for brushes and combs, I put entire sets in one bag.  Like, all So-soft brushes go in one bag and then I have a piece of paper with the pony name and which brush is hers written in pencil (don't want ink to rub on anything!) put in the bag.  Then, I have those photo storage boxes that I put the baggies in!  They stack nicely and look uniform.  I bought bigger bags and bigger storage boxes for playset accessories.  Bought all the boxes at Ikea so, regardless of size, they all "go" together. 
Your display looks so nice! Good idea about keeping sets together like that -- I think generally ponies don't have the same combs as other ponies in their sets, so that would be a good way to store them. (I don't want to get similar combs mixed up -- like Li'l Sweetcake's with Blossom's -- so that could be a good way to keep them straight!) Yeah, right now I have my baggies in a random large, open bin, but it might be better if they were in smaller bins like photo storage boxes.

I'd like to get a lunch tin or bucket or something, since there's not much room left.
That could be really cute, to get a tin or bucket for storing accessories! And like others have said, some accessories can be displayed on the ponies. I don't have a true display -- just ponies randomly scattered on bookshelves, etc. -- but on some faraway day maybe princess wands, etc. could be displayed with the pony, and Pony Wear could be modeled by slightly baity doubles who could handle any stains long exposure would leave on them . . .

I do ziploc bags by set, sometimes I use small bags for individual ponies if there are more accessories than just combs and ribbons.

As for keeping track, I use my accessory database.  There's a link to download a blank copy in my signature. :)

Oooh! I had a problem opening it, though; which version of Excel did you make it with? Maybe I need to update.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 08:43:49 AM »
I just put them by the pony they go to out on display..I mainly just collect the baby accessories.. the accessories that can't fit beside the babies I just put in an open shoe box.. I hope to have a bigger display area soon with a new table or bookcase.. :)

Offline Bibsy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 10:28:18 AM »

Oooh! I had a problem opening it, though; which version of Excel did you make it with? Maybe I need to update.

It's probably my horribly outdated version of Excel.  This weekend I'll try to re-upload it from a different computer and PM you when I've got it fixed.  I would be completely lost without my database :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 07:42:48 AM »
Ive been trying to get to grips with this problem of accessories for a while, most especially since the summer, as I had the opportunity to get down almost all of my playsets from the attic and properly ensure their accessories were with them.

So my playsets now are all in their boxes (where I have boxes, a couple don't), with their accessories with them and stored in the attic.

I have a large collection of backcards, packages, boxes etc which I am not sure whether they are counted as accessories, but, at present, some of these are in the attic. However, the vast majority are in either cupboard space or a large ringbinder folder (which is about to burst, I need more space ><). The ones in the folder are cards loose of their bubbles in chronological order, UK and US release (no other language/editions I don't think in the folder). Some are from my childhood, some not.

Cards with bubbles still attached are kept inside a Waterfall box in the bottom of my cupboard. This actually helps in terms of storing the extra box, because both my Waterfalls are inside the US box (as the sturdiest), whereas my Satin Slipper lives inside Cascade's box (as I don't have its box) and my bubbled cards live inside Sprinkles' UK box.

Additionally I have a few boxes which are flatpacked and some that are not. The Newborn Twin ones I use to store other things in. Nibbles and Dibbles' UK box has its inlay and bubble, so it has their accessories in it. Sniffles and Snookums' stores loose bubbles from childhood cards that got detached but I still have. Rattles and Tattles is the home of all my newborn twin accessories from both years. The flatpacked boxes are just stored as the cards are, but not in files.

In terms of the rest of my accessories, the Princesses are wearing their UK hats, and Taffeta has her comb, wand and crown with her. I also have Scoops wearing both aprons and her hat...and I think the Brush and Grows have their clips/ribbons in their hair.

I had a clip and ribbon amnesty from all my ponies over the summer so I could try and sort them properly. The result is that the rest of my accessories are in two plastic boxes under the sink. The smaller box somehow has all my loose ponywear in it, and the larger has all the accessories for baby pony sets, as well as combs etc. Where I can definitively match these they are separately in little plastic bags and labelled. The hardest part of this job is that the internet is US-centric with accessory colours and matches, and there's nothing to say that the UK release is the same. For example, I only know that TicTacToe has a comb in the UK because of having her MOC - pretty much every online source just lists her with the star brush she had in the US. This is especially problematic as some of our accessories match the US and some don't.

The only loose pony accessories not stored in my big plastic tub are the Dance & Prance Ponies. I have five small boxes, one for each (I have Player MIB so don't keep her loose accessories). These are stacked up at the bottom of my cupboard, and Greek Baby Cotton Candy lives on top of them xD.

Phew. Suddenly that seemed a lot more complicated than I thought it was...

I also have a blue folder on my desk, in which lives all of my inserts, loose stickers and other leaflets and such. Again, I don't know if they count as accessories, but as they came in with the ponies and are something I majorly collect, I count them as such.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:45:23 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2016, 02:35:26 PM »
I keep all my accessories in plastic bags of various sizes. I store my pony wear in two places; one for complete sets and one for partials. All my G1 accessories are kept together by either set or by comb type - so I can compare them easily when I get a new one. G3 and G4 get the pony name and number from my excel file written on, then randomly stored in empty boxes and generally all over the place until I finally tidy my room and put them together. But that only happens every now and again, if I had to find thins I'd be stuck with those. I think I put the first couple of hundred ponies things together in one box years ago and will eventually sort the rest.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal