collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2016 Disney Swap: All shipped! Waiting on boxes!  (Read 39852 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: 2016 Disney Swap: All shipped! Waiting on boxes!
« Reply #510 on: March 29, 2016, 11:32:08 AM »
:( :( :( I would probably be even angrier than you if I were in that situation! You did everything right -- it's the postal service's fault that the package got lost. And I've sent mail to Germany plenty of times and it didn't cost much at all, so that weird lady behind you (who should have been minding her own darn business) was just being ridiculous.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 29, 2016, 03:48:40 PM »
Oh no I did not realize we had this going on here with a box.  This is something I always fear happening and I totally know what you mean about the shipping.  I can't get out of the post office with international for under 50.00 here in Texas. I don't know why.  I can tell you this, even if you had upgraded with the tracking that doesn't mean anyone would have bothered to update the tracking.  I quit spending that money when I realized none of my packages were being tracked anyway.  I was still waiting two months for things to get to people having paid much more for the shipping.  I feel awful for you that you have this and your partner has not gotten their box.  Hugs to both of you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 30, 2016, 06:27:22 AM »
I'm sorry your package is lost in limbo. I'd try talking to the next town over's postal service if you can. We've had a few crappy employees around here that I've gone to the next town over where everyone is pretty reasonable to work with. What a lot of people don't realize 'lost' mail gets shipped to the big Auction house the USPS has. My dad still talks about when it used to be held in Chicago heck I think half of our tools in the shop are from lost mail auctions. I want to say it's held in Texas now but it's really infuriating and interesting to read about. Like especially since my post office is "under funded" can't afford things when where does all that auction money go then? They aren't even open on Saturdays anymore!! Seriously it sucks cause I always forget that they aren't open despite the official website saying otherwise.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #513 on: March 30, 2016, 07:17:33 AM »
Oh dear, I hope my items i sent to Sora aren't being auctioned off! One of them is very special too!  :cry:

Going to try to get to the next post office ASAP

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 30, 2016, 09:10:39 AM »
Yea and when they do the auctions they don't allow the person to see what is inside the box either.  They just make a bid on the box.  Its wrong on so many levels its not even funny.  Texas mail right now is bad.  I have had a lot of problems.  I would file a complaint with the post master general.  I did this with a package that went missing and three months later it was delivered.  So, make a fuss girl.  Don't take those behind the counter nasty tempered words for it. Fight fight fight...it can't hurt.  There is a big possibility it is not in our country anyway since it made it to customs.  I think it left the USA and got stuck somewhere possibly the customs form came off or it got damaged in some way and they don't know where it is supposed to go that can happen.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 30, 2016, 11:31:00 AM »
Yea and when they do the auctions they don't allow the person to see what is inside the box either. 

Wow that has changed a lot since my dad went to those back in the I'm assuming 60's or 70's. He knew exactly what he was bidding on and the condition it was in.
My Wishlist  Instagram

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 31, 2016, 10:07:40 AM »
Yea from what I saw on the news just today it has changed.  They are now just auctioning off similar items in bulk.  So a huge box of books would go for 2000.00.  Video game stuff would all go together.  The USPS says that insurance must be purchased so you can get your money back on a missing package. If it goes missing in the USA and they can't find it because: box broke, label torn off, not enough tape and package fell apart and contents lost, and who knows what else...it gets sent to Georgia for auction.  So, I guess you know what you are getting now, but its in bulk.

I want to say tape is a huge issue. I can't tell you how many packages I get from people outside the USA that only put one strip of tape on a box and it doesn't hold.  Tape a box a lot.  Put tape down the middle, put tape on the edges, and put two cross rows of tape completely around the box when  you ship out of the country.  Boxes I get always are open, tape is not holding and the boxes are smashed.  I rarely get an international box that is not in this condition.  My stuff is usually fine inside, but this is how stuff gets lost.  I think we all underestimate the amount of gorillas that live in the USPS and other postal carriers that jump up and down on boxes, throw boxes and smash boxes.  Its its taped right it just may make it.  Spend the money on a sturdy box, heavy grade tape and be OCD with it lol.  When I tape a box I go all around the box with one piece each time. I don't just trust going across and over the side.  I mention this because, they said on the news that poor packing and taping is the number one cause of loss.  The thing I don't get is if I am a postal carrier and I pick up a box and see its not holding up...why not save it and ship it?  Why just send it to Georgia for an auction.  How about taking the extra step to add some extra tape and stabilize the box?  Or re-tape it if everything fell out.  Be nice right? Nope   Sorry bad grammar today too lazy to fix it all. :lol:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:17:57 AM by tulagirl »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #517 on: March 31, 2016, 04:20:31 PM »
I think we all underestimate the amount of gorillas that live in the USPS and other postal carriers that jump up and down on boxes, throw boxes and smash boxes.
Lol, it's horrible but I'm laughing at the image of my local postal workers jumping up and down on top of boxes. Especially the grouchy guy that scares me. I hope no one jumped up and down on Lala's box!

Princess Lala

« Reply #518 on: April 08, 2016, 11:08:24 PM »
I have given up all hope for this box. I really think its gone for good.... *siiiiiiiiiiiiigh* I keep going back up there and they keep saying customs but there is noooooooo way in hell it had been in customs for so long. Well,  time to work on another box, and I'm sad because one of those items were not easily replaceable. I'm currently in my last swap I can be in of the year since I'm about to start my passport traveling, so I will try to get ahold of what I can afford and work on two boxes  (for that swap and the disney swap) at once so poor Sora gets something! I'm like so sorry this is happening.... this is so embarrassing stupid LAZY american postal service. Everyone tells me not to bash on post office workers but sorry they lost my box, so I'm calling them lazy and can't do their job right. Its a PINK and brown box for crying out loud! They can't miss it. 

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 09, 2016, 11:29:10 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that Sora's box has disappeared. I feel bad for both of you Princess Lala.   I know you expected the post office to be able to get the box to Sora and I feel bad for Sora also that the really great box from you is missing.  Is there any chance it might still make it to Sora?

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:31:07 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline JazzMatazz

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 10, 2016, 07:18:44 PM »
I have given up all hope for this box. I really think its gone for good.... *siiiiiiiiiiiiigh* I keep going back up there and they keep saying customs but there is noooooooo way in hell it had been in customs for so long. Well,  time to work on another box, and I'm sad because one of those items were not easily replaceable. I'm currently in my last swap I can be in of the year since I'm about to start my passport traveling, so I will try to get ahold of what I can afford and work on two boxes  (for that swap and the disney swap) at once so poor Sora gets something! I'm like so sorry this is happening.... this is so embarrassing stupid LAZY american postal service. Everyone tells me not to bash on post office workers but sorry they lost my box, so I'm calling them lazy and can't do their job right. Its a PINK and brown box for crying out loud! They can't miss it. 

Perhaps on the one hard to find item you really had hoped to get Sora we could rather network together to see if we could track another down for a reasonable price?
My Wishlist  Instagram

Princess Lala

« Reply #521 on: April 11, 2016, 03:15:21 AM »
^ The last thing i wanted to find for Sora is actually a very reasonable price, its just a pain the the patooty to find! Ive been looking everywhere for it, I can probably commission one to be honest! *sigh* I'm just so sad this box never made it.... I actually had two amazing items in there well, they are all awesome, but I sent her my Lion King Broadway Zazu plush and I made her some absol stuff including a shiny absol chibi charm. There was also a tremendous amount of TLK goodies too! *cries* The super awesome secret item with the mickey mouse sticker though I don't want to give it away as I plan on sending another one! :heart: I should have the box ready by Thursday and ready to ship! Just want to keep my eye out for other things, I want this box to be so well worth it for all the postage trouble!  :cry:

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #522 on: April 11, 2016, 10:02:53 AM »
I once waited 4 months for a box from a different country, I had completely forgotten about it and then it showed up. No idea why it took that long. :/
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 11, 2016, 10:11:33 AM »

Perhaps on the one hard to find item you really had hoped to get Sora we could rather network together to see if we could track another down for a reasonable price?

Yeah Lala, if you need help finding the item to help put Sora's box together just let us know! :) Would be more than happy you get this resolved so both you and Sora are happy.

Princess Lala

« Reply #524 on: April 11, 2016, 12:09:19 PM »
I once waited 4 months for a box from a different country, I had completely forgotten about it and then it showed up. No idea why it took that long. :/

This post makes me very hopeful!  I have a gut feeling its still in customs, but in case u will send out another box.

You guys are so sweet, ya know that!? I feel touched yet embarrassed so many people are offering to help! I am all good though, thank you all for wanting to help!  :blush: This box is almost finished! Sora omg it will be ready by Wednesday and shipped out to you I swear! I'm so sad because I really wanted our boxes to be like a trade and wanted to be friends. We have so much in common like our names are different by one letter and its so totally cool you love Pokemon and Disney just like me! If this first box turns out sometime in the future, well you got two swap boxes with different stuff in them xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal