collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2016 Disney Swap: All shipped! Waiting on boxes!  (Read 39833 times)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Disney Swap: Sign-Ups: Start shopping!
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2016, 09:13:11 PM »
Not really swap related, but disney related!!

Fiancé and I decided to surprise our niece with a disney trip for her birthday! Her party is on Feb 20th and we leave Feb 21st! We will surprise her the night of her party :).

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #301 on: January 31, 2016, 04:35:06 AM »

Fiancé and I decided to surprise our niece with a disney trip for her birthday! Her party is on Feb 20th and we leave Feb 21st! We will surprise her the night of her party :).

That's awesome. My grandparents use to get me out of school for a month every January, take me to Florida, and one of the things we did there was go to Disney World. I've been to the Magic Kingdom once and to MGM (now Hollywood studios) four times. Also, last year my mom said that the next time we go to Florida again (we went in 2009 and 2010--and they went in 2011 but I stayed here because BF was coming to visit) we're going to Disney again because I want to re-experience it as an "adult". (Quotes because I don't exactly fit the typical mode for that--more like experiencing it as a really big kid, but I think that'll be awesome just the same. :lol: )

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #302 on: January 31, 2016, 08:09:51 AM »
I found a food item for my partner with their Favorite character on it.....but it has to be refrigerated and it has milk in it so yeah.... Maybe if I send them the box, squeeze out the food into a bowl, wash the container really good!?  >_<

Post Merge: January 31, 2016, 08:12:41 AM

Awwwwe! That sounds so magical, kids are fun to surprise like that omg and Disney is sooooo perfect!

Hey, anime fans! Have you guys ever read kilala princess? Its an anime about a die-hard Disney fan Japanese girl who finds out she is a long lost princess and she meets all the other Disney princesses! I forgot alllllll about it and started reading it all over again! It looks like the manga is online!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:12:41 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #303 on: January 31, 2016, 11:45:32 AM »
I've just got one more item I'm waiting for in the mail. Next weekend I'll be going to the largest candy store in the U.S. to get some tasty treats for my partner (and myself ). :P
Oooh, fancy! There aren't any candy-specific stores around here...

Yesterday I tried to find some more little things for my partner but all I could find was more Frozen merch! There's just so much! I also looked at greeting cards and found a lot of really cool Disney ones, but they were all birthday themed. :/ Honestly, though, I'm already over-budget, so as soon as my last item arrives in the mail my box should be good to ship. :D

Hey, anime fans! Have you guys ever read kilala princess? Its an anime about a die-hard Disney fan Japanese girl who finds out she is a long lost princess and she meets all the other Disney princesses! I forgot alllllll about it and started reading it all over again! It looks like the manga is online!

Never heard of this, but it sounds great! I'll have to look it up. :)

BTW, don't forget to post teaser pics once you wrap your gifts, guys! :D

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #304 on: January 31, 2016, 12:41:26 PM »
That Manga sounds cool, Lala. Definitely an interesting premise. :)

Mom and I hit the stores together today and had an absolute blast shopping. I found some yummy treats and cute extras to round out the rest of what I purchased. I hope my partner doesn't mind that a couple slightly Valentine themed things crept in. It was hard not to shop for you, too, when I was getting sweets for the two Valentine themed swaps I'm doing. :)

Everything I have for you is either here now or should arrive tomorrow according to Amazon. I have a lot of wrapping to do in the next week or so, but odds are good I'll get your box out a bit before the due date. We shall see. :)

Swap Wishlist

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #305 on: January 31, 2016, 08:40:25 PM »
Ooooooh my dear. The benefits of being head overnight coordinator of the toy department. I found some thing amazing for my partner, and I'm buying it as an inspulse. I'm going to rummage through my partners collection photos for it and if they don't have it then I hit jackpot! I LOOOOOOOOVE it. The packaging is overboard though.

Question: This awesome item I found for ya partner, the packaging would kill me on shipping can I take the figures out of the package and wrap them in bubblewrap? It would save me about $10 in shipping xD

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 31, 2016, 08:43:36 PM »
Ooooooh my dear. The benefits of being head overnight coordinator of the toy department. I found some thing amazing for my partner, and I'm buying it as an inspulse. I'm going to rummage through my partners collection photos for it and if they don't have it then I hit jackpot! I LOOOOOOOOVE it. The packaging is overboard though.

Question: This awesome item I found for ya partner, the packaging would kill me on shipping can I take the figures out of the package and wrap them in bubblewrap? It would save me about $10 in shipping xD
Lol, for me that may be better, since I sometimes forget to take toys out of the packaging (as in, I'll buy two of the same pony so I can un-package one of them and then they both stay in their packaging forever!).

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 31, 2016, 09:17:14 PM »

I totally forgot about that manga and its so cute. Do you know if it was completed Lala? I don't remember if it was one of the mangas that didn't get finished before Tokyopop went under.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #308 on: January 31, 2016, 10:03:04 PM »

If it was my box id say go ahead! I always take stuff out of its packaging so that I can enjoy it haha.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 01, 2016, 06:25:12 AM »
I am not a mint in the box collector of anything so if it was me it would be perfectly fine and helpful since my fingers are numb so much of the time due to nerve damage.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #310 on: February 01, 2016, 06:48:25 AM »
OK I have got to stop buying things now!! lol Im waiting for one thing that should be here tomorrow or the next day. Think Im going to wrap and post teaser soon, I won't be able to wrap the thing coming in the mail anyway.

I really tried to put a variety of many of my partner's interests into the box, and it's really more of a toy box, but I hope they like it, there are a few non toy items as well though.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2016, 07:08:48 AM »

Open away! I'm not a MiB collector so it's going to be opened anyway.

Offline ladybastilla

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2016, 07:34:32 AM »
Partner, I ordered you one last thing from a local seller. Aside from that, I'm going to get started on wrapping the rest of your goodies while I wait for that. Once that is here, I'll get your box out the door. :D I just couldn't resist adding this one last item. I think it ties everything together.

This awesome item I found for ya partner, the packaging would kill me on shipping can I take the figures out of the package and wrap them in bubblewrap? It would save me about $10 in shipping xD

Go ahead and open it. I've sent and received little Disney figures before and that seems to be the rule of thumb. They have cute packaging, but it's bulky and impractical for mailing. Plus, saves me the trouble of having to do it when it gets here. A lot of those things are a pain to get out of the box. :lol:

Swap Wishlist

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 01, 2016, 11:24:28 AM »
My dad has cancer and is in the hospital today. So, things are a bit crazy.  If i am missing a couple of days,  dont worry...i will probably just be dealing with this issue.  Mr box is done but one thing.  Hopefully, i can get my teaser posted.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 01, 2016, 11:26:54 AM »
My dad has cancer and is in the hospital today. So, things are a bit crazy.  If i am missing a couple of days,  dont worry...i will probably just be dealing with this issue.  Mr box is done but one thing.  Hopefully, i can get my teaser posted.
I'm sorry to hear that. :( I know how hard it is to keep up any kind of social life when you're spending a lot of time in the hospital.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal