collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2016 Disney Swap: All shipped! Waiting on boxes!  (Read 39862 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: 2016 Disney Swap: Sign-Ups: Start shopping!
« Reply #255 on: January 24, 2016, 06:43:28 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. You know, I'm probably just going to get the item and add it to the swap box. ;) It certainly doesn't hurt anything, and I was likely to go over budget, anyway.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2016, 06:46:40 PM »
yeah i went into this swap knowing id probably go over... im still waiting till i can do some online shopping (waiting on taxes >.<) but errmmm... iv basically already spent $20 in the stores... and well it doesn't really amount to much xD so id feel bad sending JUST what i have at the moment? even though its of a $25 value >.>
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2016, 07:30:25 PM »
I still need to pick up a few things, but I'm well over budget at the moment. Typical me when shopping for swaps though! Lol

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2016, 08:51:21 PM »
Yes. I can say this much: when Mkia and I swapped, the Disney part of our budget was "$25". Neither of us stuck to that, though. :lol: Disney items tend to be costly in general. They know they have stuff people want, and they're not afraid to charge for it. Throw in that certain movies / characters are harder to shop for than others and you've got a recipe for an overblown budget. :lol:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've learned two things in almost a year of swapping: (1) I'm happiest with what I send if I listen to my gut about whether I've got enough in the box. (2) I'm not worried about whether I'm overspending, because I've never had a box from anyone here that has ever disappointed me. One of the reasons I got into this and keep doing it is because everyone else clearly cares just as much as I do. :)

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #259 on: January 25, 2016, 01:17:26 AM »
I'm so excited now and I can't waiiit for my partner to get their box.. this painting has been a breeze, which is surprising because i almost always have trouble. xD I almost want to keep it, but i won't since I made it specifically for my partner haha, I hope they love it as much as I do. :p
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 25, 2016, 06:36:13 AM »
I'm not worried about whether I'm overspending, because I've never had a box from anyone here that has ever disappointed me. One of the reasons I got into this and keep doing it is because everyone else clearly cares just as much as I do. :)
Oh yes, I, too, have never had a disappointing box. I once saw someone else get an under-budget swap box, but I hope that was a rare occurrence. My qualms were really only that the one item I want to get is almost the entire spending limit on its own... but we'll see. I'm still shopping around to see if there are other things I might get instead. :) And you're right -- Disney stuff is pretty expensive! Though I've gotten some good deals so far, I think. :D

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 25, 2016, 07:11:16 AM »
This is my first ever Arena swap. I am making a box that I hope my partner will really like. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 25, 2016, 09:20:04 AM »
I'm not worried about whether I'm overspending, because I've never had a box from anyone here that has ever disappointed me. One of the reasons I got into this and keep doing it is because everyone else clearly cares just as much as I do. :)
Oh yes, I, too, have never had a disappointing box. I once saw someone else get an under-budget swap box, but I hope that was a rare occurrence. My qualms were really only that the one item I want to get is almost the entire spending limit on its own... but we'll see. I'm still shopping around to see if there are other things I might get instead. :) And you're right -- Disney stuff is pretty expensive! Though I've gotten some good deals so far, I think. :D

I think the hardest thing to go through is to be forgotten completely with a swap.  This happened to me.  My partner  never sent a box to me at all.  It wasn't here and had nothing to do with ponies but something else I collected.  The second most difficult thing was to receive everything I gave someone as a swap box back in another swap.  Stuff was just tossed in a box with no wrapping and no care with no card.  This kind of thing really is hard to go through.  I think those two events really shaped how I do my boxes. I could not imagine making someone feel the way I did. In spite of how awful that was,  I am very thankful someone stepped forward and made a box for me.  My box was not their responsibility but they stepped forward and did one anyway.  That was so sweet and thoughtful in spite of all that happened. 

Disney stuff is very pricey especially collectible stuff.  One can't get a lot on a tiny budget. Its kind of like when I go to the Japanese store in China Town.  I can't come out of that store without having spent a minimum of 50.00.  It never happens. :lol:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:25:05 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 25, 2016, 09:32:23 AM »
Tula that's terrible!! I'm sorry you had those experiences :(. We all put so much work into our swap boxes, it's sad to think that the recipient may not appreciate it. And even worse to not have a received a box at all :(.

As a swap host, I've had to help make up for some not so stellar boxes, but I've never had someone not send anything.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2016, 09:33:18 AM »
That's terrible, Tulagirl.  :hug: I would be devastated if that happened to me.

The items I ordered for my partner arrived today.

Ponyfan

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2016, 10:33:39 AM »
Tula that's terrible!! I'm sorry you had those experiences :(. We all put so much work into our swap boxes, it's sad to think that the recipient may not appreciate it. And even worse to not have a received a box at all :(.

As a swap host, I've had to help make up for some not so stellar boxes, but I've never had someone not send anything.

Yes I love making up swap boxes.  I am always willing to help out with that.  That lady that went to all that trouble to make me a box after that happened.  Well, I will pay it forward as often as I can.  It really meant so much ya know.  There are some very nice, thoughtful people in the world.

That is wonderful Ponyfan!  Sounds like your box is coming along in a super way. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:38:22 AM by tulagirl »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2016, 05:10:19 PM »
Wow, Tulagirl, that's terrible. :( I guess I've been pretty fortunate with my swaps, as in most of them everyone has gotten really good boxes. All of the swap boxes I've received have been awesome. :)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2016, 05:38:10 PM »
Finished getting you some tasty goodies partner!! Now just to wrap :)

ETA:  I have a teaser!! Sorry about the christmas wrap, it's the only disney stuff I had! The teaser doesn't include your pile of extras, one large gift that just cant be wrapped, and one gift that I totally forgot to wrap before picturing lol.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:23:14 PM by mkia9 »

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2016, 05:56:27 AM »
Yay our first teaser!!!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2016, 06:14:19 AM »
Great teaser pic mkia9.  :)

I bought something that has a price tag on it. I'm afraid I might not be able to remove the price tag without damaging the item. Would it be okay to leave the price tag on in this situation or should I try to get it off?

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 06:17:56 AM by Ponyfan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal