collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2016 Disney Swap: All shipped! Waiting on boxes!  (Read 39787 times)

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Disney Swap: Sign-Ups: Start shopping!
« Reply #210 on: January 20, 2016, 04:12:00 PM »
Wrapping paper

Use whatever wrapping paper you want. It's what's inside the paper that counts. :P

Do you wear jewelry?
I do. Rings, bracelets and necklaces. I don't have preiced ears.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 20, 2016, 04:15:43 PM »
Another question

Partner I have some promotional stickers from Disney Movie club. Would you mind if I used some of them to decorate your gifts after wrapping them as long as the sticker didn't give away was inside?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2016, 04:26:30 PM »
Partner I have some promotional stickers from Disney Movie club. Would you mind if I used some of them to decorate your gifts after wrapping them as long as the sticker didn't give away was inside?

Sure, that would be totally fine. I love using stickers to decorate presents. :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #213 on: January 20, 2016, 04:54:42 PM »

I have a bunch of these, too, and will probably use them on my packages. So of course I wouldn't mind. :)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 20, 2016, 10:11:36 PM »
To the person who is making my swap box: I DID forget something! Through the Christmas gift of a friend, I recently discovered the amazing wonder that is Tim-Tams! I just ate the last one that my friend gave me. :( I have NO IDEA where I can get more, so, partner... if you know how to obtain these wonderful items, I wouldn't mind finding some in my box. ;)

Tim tams are my favorite!!! You can usually find them at Worls Market and recently I've actually been finding them at Walmart!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2016, 04:20:41 AM »
Walmart and pretty much any world market should have them! =) I love to drink hot cocoa through those things!

Looking for a specific toyline for my partner that I know is out but my area seems to not have them in yet! I went to several Toys R Us, 2 Targets, and 3 Walmarts yesterday with no luck LOL.

Ive got these too somewhere! xD I wouldnt mind them used to decorate stuff! Again not picky! In fact it sounds pretty!  :biggrin:

Do you wear jewelry?
Yup! I like necklaces and bracelets! When it comes to earrings I have to use the hypo allergenic kind because I break out a little bit on one particular ear pierce hole.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:26:55 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2016, 06:39:34 AM »
To the person who is making my swap box: I DID forget something! Through the Christmas gift of a friend, I recently discovered the amazing wonder that is Tim-Tams! I just ate the last one that my friend gave me. :( I have NO IDEA where I can get more, so, partner... if you know how to obtain these wonderful items, I wouldn't mind finding some in my box. ;)

Tim tams are my favorite!!! You can usually find them at Worls Market and recently I've actually been finding them at Walmart!

Believe it or not my mom found them at a local grocery store here called No Frills. We are stocking up because everyone here has tried (and likes) them. The ones she found are like those you sent me, Mkia9. I love them with a cup of hot chocolate. I bet they'd be good with the Peanut Butter Cup tea I got a while back, too.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2016, 07:21:11 AM »
Promotional stickers: sure

Jewelry: Yes and I have some great information about that on my questions and answers post. ;)

I have a question about the Movie Club.

Speaking of that movie club. I just recently joined that. Can anyone tell me how you felt about the Movie club?  Did you like the selections you were given? I thought it was a great deal.  My Dh had a few reservations about it thinking they would send us a bunch of movie offers of things we had no interest in.  I thought surely we could find 3 movies in a year we would like to own.  So, if you have done this let me know what kind of titles you got to choose from throughout the year.  I am really curious.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:23:16 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2016, 07:40:52 AM »
Promotional stickers: sure

Jewelry: Yes and I have some great information about that on my questions and answers post. ;)

I have a question about the Movie Club.

Speaking of that movie club. I just recently joined that. Can anyone tell me how you felt about the Movie club?  Did you like the selections you were given? I thought it was a great deal.  My Dh had a few reservations about it thinking they would send us a bunch of movie offers of things we had no interest in.  I thought surely we could find 3 movies in a year we would like to own.  So, if you have done this let me know what kind of titles you got to choose from throughout the year.  I am really curious.

I've been in the DMC for two years now. I initially signed up to upgrade all my VHS tapes to dvd/blu ray. It's a great deal when you buy in bulk. At least twice a year they do buy one movie get the rest 60% off once you hit VIP status, it's worth waiting for those. Up til then the deals are lower but it evens out in price if you buy at least 2-3 movies at a time. The little bonuses are fun like the lithographs I usually sell those for money back in my pocket. Got a few magnets free in the mail over the years as well. The VIP pin store is great once you can access it too so make sure to get a pin every time you order a movie at that point. You can always make money selling them or trade them if you do a lot of pin trading.

Usually each month is the newest release or release from the vault as the feature. Only a few times did I take two for the price of one deal. It was a lot easier at the beginning with the bundles when I had a lot more movies to upgrade. I've heard you can cancel and re subscribe as many times as you want to get the 5 for $1 each deal again but I haven't done that personally.

All the bad reviews I've seen were people that just forgot to respond to their feature title because they forgot about it and suddenly were charged for a movie they didn't want. As long as you are on top of things you should do fine.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2016, 10:41:16 AM »
Ok, I'm caught up on the latest questions in my post partner. I gonna make a dash out for goods today as after one snowstorm I get another one tomorrow so need to stock up now while I got a window. :cold:

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2016, 11:07:46 AM »
I've got all my main gifts bought. I'm just waiting for them to ship. Now to focus on extras!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #221 on: January 21, 2016, 12:13:12 PM »
Re: the Disney Movie Club -- JazzMatazz said it perfectly. The only poor reviews I've heard came from people who either forgot to respond to their monthly offer or who never bought their required number of movies. Usually the monthly offer is the newest movie to be released, so you don't even need to worry about pre-ordering! This month the offer is the two Aladdin sequels (which are probably my all time favorite Disney sequels), which are DMC exclusives, apparently. So, by the way, I WILL be getting that (even though I have both movies on DVD -- I want them on Blu-Ray, too!). And if you don't want the monthly offer you can always say no, but then order a different movie that you do want, and the whole Disney catalog is at your disposal. They even have more obscure, older movies like Pollyanna. :)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2016, 12:24:31 PM »
Thanks everyone for the great information on the Movie Club.  You guys are so helpful.  Now I think I understand how it will work.  I am looking forward to it.  All I had was VHS movies.  We quit watching them because all of the kids I use to take care of grew up, or the nieces and nephews outgrew them.  Then, I started longing to just sit and watch the classic Disney Movies again.  So, DH and I went to Book Stop and found Alice in Wonderland.  I could watch it over and over and over in addition to the non animated version I already have.  We ended up coming home with 5 movies and decided we needed to join the Disney club.  We were not ready to give up the joy of Disney movies and just didn't know it.  We have no working VHS in the house anymore and I know I should probably get Blueray, but right now I don't have a Blueray player.  So boooooo, I wish I did.  I would love the pin thing.  I really like the pins but I am a trinket person so, it makes sense that I could easily obtain a mountain of pins and be in bliss. LOL So, you can be sure I will be looking into that one at some point I guess when I get that VIP status thingy.

Mori_LeStrange, where in the world did you get that fabulous Cheshire Cat siggy? I am dying over it and have been since the first time I saw it. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:27:52 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2016, 01:58:59 PM »
New Question: Partner do you mind if your gifts are all wrapped in the same Disney paper or would you want different kinds of paper?

Someone mentioned the shop Disney Parks app? Wow there is so much neat Disney stuff they sell in the parks that you can't get at Disneystore.com

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:00:33 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2016, 02:33:12 PM »
New Question: Partner do you mind if your gifts are all wrapped in the same Disney paper or would you want different kinds of paper?

I'm happy with whatever you want to do partner :).

My partners stuff will likely end up in a couple different disney papers just because I happen to have them lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal