collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2016 Disney Swap: All shipped! Waiting on boxes!  (Read 39842 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: 2016 Disney Swap: Sign-Ups: Partners assigned!
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2016, 12:44:39 PM »
OK about to add all the new Q&A to my post, just trying to add pictures of my very small collection xD
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2016, 01:57:57 PM »
icecreamgirl: Yikes! Mine is about 22 miles away. Having said that...

tulagirl: Mine isn't too great either. I'm still hoping to find something on my partner's wishlist at least. My one is just crammed full of Star Wars, Marvel and Frozen. A few Toy Story items here and there, and whatever the latest movie is has a small section too. The cast members have a poor knowledge on Disney movies too, ironically.  :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2016, 02:27:59 PM »
Icecreamgirl: I'm in the same boat as you. The nearest Disney Store I can see is in Toronto and that's way too far for me to drive just to check one store out. (Especially since I can't drive and someone would need to take me.)

Latest Questions:

If I find something that is much cheaper in used condition, do you mind if I get that? Or would you prefer all new things?

I have no problem with this. As long as the items I receive are in nice condition there should be no reason to be upset. I collect g1 ponies--those certainly don't come to me new. :lol:

question: I have a piece of Disney merch from when I was a kid, it is in PERFECT condition. I was wondering is it tacky to send it as an extra to your partner if you think they will love it more then you do?

I think that's cute. If I were to do that I'd likely write about it in the card (and tell my partner to read it last) or attach a note to the packaging. I'd want to know if something was unique in such a way. When a toy has a history, it's interesting to know what that is / was.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2016, 02:46:03 PM »

If I find something that is much cheaper in used condition, do you mind if I get that? Or would you prefer all new things?
I don't mind used as long as it's in good condition and preferably from a smoke-free home/store/etc.

question: I have a piece of Disney merch from when I was a kid, it is in PERFECT condition. I was wondering is it tacky to send it as an extra to your partner if you think they will love it more then you do?
Definitely not tacky! I'd be just fine with that :)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2016, 03:05:44 PM »
Yeah, I don't live near a Disney store, either, so I'm a little glad to hear that they don't have much good stuff right now. I'll be doing my shopping online, mostly (as I usually do since there aren't any good stores in my area).

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2016, 03:08:31 PM »
We were at the disney store earlier today, but I didn't find anything for my partner. Didn't find anything at Target either.

Partner fiancé and I have extras of the Figaro and Marie plastic blind bag tsum tsums (the ones with the accessories). Any interest in one as an extra?

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2016, 03:15:04 PM »
We had a disney store in our mall when I was young, unfortunately they closed it and never opened another one long before my son was born. :c its too bad, I loved that store! Now the nearest one to me is over 200 miles :/
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2016, 03:26:15 PM »
I also don't have a Disney Store near me. There used to be one but it was closed.  I think I answered all the new questions. I started shopping for my partner.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2016, 06:31:01 PM »
Partner fiancé and I have extras of the Figaro and Marie plastic blind bag tsum tsums (the ones with the accessories). Any interest in one as an extra? I don't have any of those so I certainly wouldn't mind. ;) I'm cool with pretty much any Disney animal figures.

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2016, 07:11:59 PM »
I think I got all the questions. Also partner I'll be updating my original question list with some things I forgot.

Partner how do you feel about a themed box? (I.e. All items from the same movie/character/etc).

I theme box could be fun. But so would a variety of things.  :P That was really wishy washy. Of all my collections I think a theme box of The Nightmare Before Christmas would be best/easiest to put together. But I'm sure you will put together a great box no matter what.

Would you prefer several smaller items or a couple larger / more expensive ones?
It doesn't matter to me.

What are your favorite colors? (That can be helpful when deciding how to wrap gifts)
Black, red and aqua.

Do you prefer your box decorated or plain?
It's fun to get decorated boxes. But usually the postman leaves any boxes on the front porch. With the way the weather is right now any nice decorations might be ruined. So don't feel it's something you have to do.

Would you prefer a variety of different item types in your box or would you be happy if it was heavy on something (Tsum Tsums or figures, for example).
Either way is good for me!

I have a piece of Disney merch from when I was a kid, it is in PERFECT condition. I was wondering is it tacky to send it as an extra to your partner if you think they will love it more then you do?
I don't think it's tacky at all. I think that be really sweet.

Most of us have posted collection pictures, but I'm still worried that I might get something my partner already has. Could everyone either post some pictures and a list or at least a basic rundown of what kinds of things they already have?

Not pictured:
90's Simba plush
the 90's Nala plush that purred when you squeezed her
90's Sheenzi plush
beanie Kovu plush
I believe I have all of the Lion King fast food toys
Game of Life Haunted Mansion edition
Nightmare Before Christmas metal lunch boxes,Thermos, mug, candles in the shape of Jack and Sally
I have almost a complete set of the Nightmare Before Christmas toys
I have all the plastic original 90's Lion King Toys
all of the McDonald's Oliver and Company toys
A pin with Chip & Dale in the Doom Buggy from Haunted Mansion
Pookalooz Cheshire Cat, Jack, Sally and Gonzo
Funko Mystery Mini Heroes Vs Villains Stitch

I think that's most of it!

As long as its in good condition I don't mind. I'd just ask it not smell like cigarette smoke.

Partner fiancé and I have extras of the Figaro and Marie plastic blind bag tsum tsums (the ones with the accessories). Any interest in one as an extra?

Sure, I'd prefer Figaro. I like all the Disney cats, but Marie is probably my least favorite.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 07:25:28 PM by Mori_LeStrange »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2016, 07:59:42 PM »
Hmmm...trying to decide what route I wanna go with this box. I had one idea...but it would almost cost the whole budget...so I may go with another option. I'm not sure yet..

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2016, 08:05:38 PM »
^ *GASP* THAT ZERO PLUSH IS ADORABLE MORI!!!!!! :squee:

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2016, 09:51:56 PM »
Thank you! He is so soft and fluffy. I got it from Maddie in one of the Nightmare Before Christmas Swaps that ponylady holds.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2016, 09:56:01 PM »
Thank you! He is so soft and fluffy. I got it from Maddie in one of the Nightmare Before Christmas Swaps that ponylady holds.

He is pretty darn cute!! Nightmare before Christmas isn't one of my favorites(don't think I've seen it completely through), but Zero is so cute.

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2016, 10:47:02 PM »
I updated my post with the latest questions. I'm in the same boat with most of you Disney Store wise. The closest one to me is 100 miles after the one nearest me closed too. :cry: I'll be making the pilgrimage to the store regardless  at the end of the month for you and me partner. I did have a question to ask since I'm making an order to Disney Store Japan soon.
Partner is there anything you like off the Disney Store Japan website that the US online site or store doesn't carry?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal