collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How many ponies are there in the G1 US releases  (Read 656 times)

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
How many ponies are there in the G1 US releases
« on: January 02, 2016, 08:01:36 PM »
Just curious if anyone knows the actual number of US G1 ponies that were released. I was talking about them tonight with some family and wasn't really sure. Even a round about number is good.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How many ponies are there in the G1 US releases
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 08:41:21 PM »
There is no definitive answer to this question, alas.

It depends on how you define "a pony" - many ponies were released in multiple variations or ways, while other distinct designs have name overlaps. Then there's factory variants tossed into the mix. The Wiki lists 300+ adult and 200+ baby ponies, though that includes non-US releases.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 10:17:40 PM »
I counted 522 including my pretty ponies, the giant newborns, firefly and movie version, all three versions of sundance, all three versions of satin and lace, both versions of cuddles, tiddlywinks and half note, both store and mail order of the sparkle ponies, all 4 versions of ember, ss versions of previously released earth, unicorns, and pegasi, mo pink sprinkles, pearly baby sea shimmer and surf rider, bbe and ft baby lickity split, baby animals friends, pearly baby ponies.

Does not include re-releases of collectors poses ff/cc, bow tie, apple jack, cotton candy, blossom, medly, firefly (except movie version), mo majesty, mo lemon drop, mo peachy, dream beauties, petites, ranma llama, my bunny/puppy/kitty, re-release of hippity hop and speedy, flutter re-releases and fat head versus small head, blue hearts dazzle glow, white windy (if she's real.), re-release of animal friends, bonus pack ponies (i.e.: bath tub with 3 ponies.), bushwoolies, big brothers re-release, mail order collector pose, mail order rainbows, mommy charms, and plush.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 03:38:46 AM »
I counted 522 including my pretty ponies, the giant newborns, firefly and movie version, all three versions of sundance, all three versions of satin and lace, both versions of cuddles, tiddlywinks and half note, both store and mail order of the sparkle ponies, all 4 versions of ember, ss versions of previously released earth, unicorns, and pegasi, mo pink sprinkles, pearly baby sea shimmer and surf rider, bbe and ft baby lickity split, baby animals friends, pearly baby ponies.

Does not include re-releases of collectors poses ff/cc, bow tie, apple jack, cotton candy, blossom, medly, firefly (except movie version), mo majesty, mo lemon drop, mo peachy, dream beauties, petites, ranma llama, my bunny/puppy/kitty, re-release of hippity hop and speedy, flutter re-releases and fat head versus small head, blue hearts dazzle glow, white windy (if she's real.), re-release of animal friends, bonus pack ponies (i.e.: bath tub with 3 ponies.), bushwoolies, big brothers re-release, mail order collector pose, mail order rainbows, mommy charms, and plush.

I agree with every single thing here. Mermaid, you are awesome.

Wait... giant newborns and pretty ponies? I wouldn't count those... but you're still awesome!! :biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:40:32 AM by ponyqueen »

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Sukey

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 10:16:00 AM »
Thanks guys! I knew there was a lot, just really had no idea of how may there were.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:19:00 AM by Sukey »

A Furrever Friends Site

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 10:55:10 AM »
Over 500?! Wow! Does that include or exclude the plushies, petites, stampers and Dream Beauties?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 11:03:30 AM »
Over 500?! Wow! Does that include or exclude the plushies, petites, stampers and Dream Beauties?

That would definitely exclude them.  The DB were a separate playline and the merchandise, well, it's licensed merchandise so Not.A.Pony.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 01:10:24 PM »

That would definitely exclude them.  The DB were a separate playline and the merchandise, well, it's licensed merchandise so Not.A.Pony.

Still, that's pretty impressive.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 02:22:36 PM »
I was just getting ready to look this up myself.  Not too long ago, my goal was to get at least one version of each of the the US released G1 ponies (the ones you think of when you hear MLP anyway).  I have since let that goal go because I don't like them all.  And that takes a lot of pressure off of me  ^^;
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Sukey

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 05:32:34 PM »
I was just getting ready to look this up myself.  Not too long ago, my goal was to get at least one version of each of the the US released G1 ponies (the ones you think of when you hear MLP anyway).  I have since let that goal go because I don't like them all.  And that takes a lot of pressure off of me  ^^;

I'm with you. I have no desire to collect them all- just the ones I like.

A Furrever Friends Site

Offline Bibsy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 05:58:34 PM »
In my database, I have (not that I own them all, but I do have them listed)

464 - US releases
58 - Mail Orders

It includes multiple versions of ponies, doesn't include So Soft Sleepies, Dream Beauties, or Petites

I don't want to collect them all either, but I like to know which ones I'm missing :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal