collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do sellers EVER leave feedback?  (Read 1634 times)

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
Do sellers EVER leave feedback?
« on: December 28, 2015, 05:38:13 AM »
I've been on eBay for a little while now and have bought plenty of ponies, but no seller has EVER left me feedback. I sent reminders after a week and still nothing. I leave feedback as soon as I receive items so it's not because I didn't leave them any.

Does this happen to anyone else? It's super annoying.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do sellers EVER leave feedback?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 06:55:58 AM »
I get why your annoyed but I know I feel that eBay's feedback system is a bit of a joke.  You can't leave buyers bad feedback but sellers can leave you bad feedback.  I used to feel differently about eBay's feedback system but after years of using it it really seems worthless.

Your sellers might be waiting to do bulk feedback, and with the holiday just passing it might take more time.

Emerald

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 06:58:38 AM »
I can understand that being annoying if a transaction goes badly, but these didn't. I didn't know bulk feedback was a thing. I'll wait a bit longer, then.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 07:44:49 AM »
You can't leave buyers bad feedback but sellers can leave you bad feedback. 

I think you mean buyers can leave sellers bad feedback.

I'm with you, Emerald, I've been on eBay for years and I always try to leave feedback right after I look over/use my item to make sure everything is OK with it but there are sellers who just don't feel they need to leave feedback. Those are the sellers I won't buy from again, honestly. I feel being a good seller is to finish the transaction by leaving feedback once it is left for you. Like it was mentioned, some sellers leave bulk feedback once or twice a month. But if they don't leave feedback, I would just avoid them in the future. Apparently, their communication skills are lacking if they are ignoring your messages.

Emerald

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 08:10:40 AM »
I'm new to collecting ponies and have been away from BJD for over 10 years now so I'd like to have feedback to show people SOMEWHERE and figured eBay would be a decent place, but I guess not. -_-

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 09:38:49 AM »
Some people just don't leave feedback, be they buyers or sellers.  It can be disappointing for sure.  But at the same time there's not really anything you can do about it.  Technically people aren't required to leave it.

Buyer feedback is kind of useless anyway since every buyer will have 100% positive feedback.

If feedback is super important to you, go to a seller's profile before you buy and click on the "Feedback Left for Others" tab.  Then you can see if they've left feedback for buyers in the past.  If they haven't, you can buy from someone else instead.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 03:25:33 AM »
Unfortunately a lot of people (both buyers and sellers) don't bother to leave feedback these days :(  its a pain. I'm having the same problem myself. I know a lot of sellers don't leave feedback now until the buyers have left any also (due to issues they've had. Like they already left the buyer good feedback but then later the buyer has opened a case and tried to scam etc, so now they only leave feedback after the buyer. This happened to me too)
. People are generally busy at this time of year so it may take a while for other to leave feedback as well...
but yes its all too common for people to not leave any
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 05:07:24 AM »
I always got feedback when I bought something on Ebay, but I know that there are also a lot of people who never leave feedback.. Hopefully you will get some feedback back after the holidays :)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 11:00:59 AM »
A few years ago I bought a wallet on ebay with G3 Sunnydaze on it. I left the seller very good feedback but did he leave me any? No. I felt really put off by that. I bought that wallet with a new account that had zero feedback on it so could've really used his feedback too. =P

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Emerald

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 11:04:38 AM »
A few years ago I bought a wallet on ebay with G3 Sunnydaze on it. I left the seller very good feedback but did he leave me any? No. I felt really put off by that. I bought that wallet with a new account that had zero feedback on it so could've really used his feedback too. =P

I have 0 feedback on ebay bc I've only ever bought and NOBODY GIVES FEEDBACK TO BUYERS. I'm convinced nobody is going to give any and it's not the season.

Offline Vintageg2

• Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 01:09:48 AM »

I have 0 feedback on ebay bc I've only ever bought and NOBODY GIVES FEEDBACK TO BUYERS. I'm convinced nobody is going to give any and it's not the season.

I have received a feedback score of 20 so far. I always got feedback so nobody and never is a bit too drastic to say in my opinion. It still sucks though that you haven't received any..

Emerald

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 05:11:29 AM »

I have received a feedback score of 20 so far. I always got feedback so nobody and never is a bit too drastic to say in my opinion. It still sucks though that you haven't received any..

I've been on eBay since 2003. I just didn't buy anything for a few years. I have no feedback...almost 13 years on there with no feedback is kind of never. hahaha

Offline Vintageg2

• Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 06:05:36 AM »

I've been on eBay since 2003. I just didn't buy anything for a few years. I have no feedback...almost 13 years on there with no feedback is kind of never. hahaha

Haha okay fair enough :P

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 07:09:25 AM »
Buy something from me - I'll leave you feedback ;)

But yes, it is seriously weird. I'll be the first to admit that I'm really crap at remembering to leave feedback - I definitely do the batch thing. But if it is a new person trying to establish a reputation then I will take extra care to leave them some.

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2015, 07:44:22 AM »
I was just thinking about this, but usually I  have pretty good luck with sellers leaving me feedback on Ebay. Here, I have more trouble. Out of my last 3 transactions here at the Arena, only one seller left me feedback  even though I am a very good buyer and left positive feedback for all 3 sellers. :(  It's frustrating not to get feedback in return after you've left it for someone else.

To be fair I have to admit I forgot to leave  feedback for my last couple of Ebay transactions for the sellers due to real life getting busy.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal