collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Paypal not letting me use multiple methods to pay - urgent  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Paypal not letting me use multiple methods to pay - urgent
« on: December 27, 2015, 07:36:48 PM »
I'm trying to place an order on sunnydaycrafts.com, which I've used multiple times before. I haven't had any issues and I've never had trouble with Paypal not allowing me to use multiple payment methods. But all good things must end I guess because Paypal won't let me this time.

I got a $30 Visa gift card for Christmas (despite requesting cash to avoid this type of situation :/) and added it to Paypal. I have a coupon for SDC that expires on the 1st for $10 off a $35 or more order. I have the rest of the money in the bank account. Both are attached to Paypal.

I went to check out and changed the payment method to the Visa card. After a few moments of "processing" this pops up:
"This transaction couldn't be completed. Please redirect your customer to PayPal."
http://i.imgur.com/MyyBfrF.png

Its pretty obviously caused by the gift card not having enough money to pay for the entire order, but why isn't Paypal pulling the rest from the bank account? There's no way I'll be able to get an extra $30 cash before the 1st and trying to find someone to trade the gift card to for less than $30 obviously isn't an option either since I need the entire $30. I'm messaging SDC on FB and emailing them but I don't know how quickly they reply to those, especially with the holidays.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: Paypal not letting me use multiple methods to pay - urgent
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 06:44:13 AM »
Have you tried contacting Paypal themselves? It's their system, they'd be able to guide you the best, or get it working.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 07:44:51 AM »
Some gift cards won't work for electronic (card not present) transactions; that could be the issue?
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 04:45:57 PM »
I had this issue one time with a gift card. If I recall, there were instructions I had to follow in order to activate the card for online purchases. I think I just had to enter my zip code on the gift card issuer's website. If you haven't done this, it may be something to look into.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 06:05:48 PM »
No, Paypal hasn't been contacted yet. Its a shared account and the main owner was asleep when the issue was discovered (and PP was probably closed). Plus the site owner might have seen this issue before or have more info. But yeah, contacting PP was 2nd on our list.

It shouldn't have any issues buying things online. My boyfriend used his gift card (identical type, different $ amount) to buy things on Steam.

I tried signing up on their website for the cards for 3-4 hours but it just refused to work. It claimed you don't actually need to sign up and the cards are fine to just use. I'll sign it up under my boyfriend's account for the website though since that was working for him, maybe it'll help?

I heard back from the site owner but either they didn't understand what I was talking about or their cart system is this way on purpose. "The website doesn't accept multiple payments. Have you tried contacting PayPal?" was their entire reply. I think maybe they thought I was trying to pay in multiple installments instead of all at once.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 07:00:14 PM »

I heard back from the site owner but either they didn't understand what I was talking about or their cart system is this way on purpose. "The website doesn't accept multiple payments. Have you tried contacting PayPal?" was their entire reply. I think maybe they thought I was trying to pay in multiple installments instead of all at once.

Bolded by myself.  If that's what they said to you, then likely they told you the right answer.  Most online payment forms are not pledge forms nor are they recurring payment forms - they are only able to hook up to one payment method to pull funds from.  Is that an individual shop setting, or a setting for this crafts sale site in general?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 07:24:32 PM »
I definitely think its possible but I'm not sure if that's exactly what they meant or not. I asked them to clarify so hopefully I get a 100% clear answer from that. With the way their response was worded it really could go either way.

It IS one payment method though - Paypal. The card AND bank are connected. I have never had an issue using Paypal to pay for one purchase at one time with multiple payment sources.

I'm not sure about the setting. I don't own a site that takes Paypal payments so I don't know how any of that works internally.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 07:27:03 PM by Taxel »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal