collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Custom Rare Ponies?  (Read 6505 times)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: Custom Rare Ponies?
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2016, 11:42:48 AM »
Very nice, Moonbreeze!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2016, 12:12:33 AM »
I've seriously considered doing this for some G4's. Considering how rare or HTF unique G4 brushables seem to be nowadays x-x.... OK maybe I'm overreacting a bit.  >>; But it does seem like a fun project at the very least. Those 2-dollar bagged Main Six dolls are rampant in my area.

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2016, 01:42:46 AM »
AAAA Moonbreeze I love them!! :heart: I think I remember you posting pics of them at the time, they are very lovely! Nice work!! ^_^
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2016, 05:48:33 AM »
I'm kind of in the same boat of that seeing very poorly customized G1/G2 makes me cringe a little bit. G3 and G4 aren't that big of a deal in my opinion, I've made a couple customs and they were all Pinkie Pies and Rainbow Dashes, which are beyond common.
But even common G1's and G2's will eventually be not so common. I guess you could say the same about G3 far out in the future, but even then it doesn't seem like a huge deal to me.

I know it's their stuff and they can do as they please, I'd never tell a customizer not to do what they do. But it does make me cringe, lol. Same goes for when I see SDCC or rare Monster High dolls customized, it makes me cringe. I've never been a huge fan for customs though as it is. I have four that I made myself and those will be the only ones I'll ever have.

Unless I could get get a resin Ice Crystal custom that looks exactly like him, except with a transparent sparkly body. Honestly that'd be my grail more than the original. :blush:

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2016, 09:58:25 PM »
Oooh Moonbreeze you can't tell us about your customs and not share pics!! :P They sound adorable!

Sure! I did give them both an extra colour in their mane tho ;)

Spoiler

and

That Moonstone is divine! Glory looks lovely on that pose. Wow! I'm in love. :lovey:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2016, 02:53:18 PM »
I've got nothing against it. I used to have a custom Rapunzel because I wasn't a fan of real Rapunzel's pose.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2016, 05:36:06 PM »
I also don't consider deflocking a rubbed and worn ss customising, really.

Exactly, to me it's almost like revealing the "real" pony underneath.  Also once flocking is flattened and worn, that's it, it will never be soft and plush again.  And if you can even get it clean again, then you are doing better than me!

As a kid who never grew up with SS ponies, and who considers the SS versions of all of them variations, I tend to agree. I feel Hasbro could've gone further with our line in the UK, and given us proper versions of Twilight, Twist and co. Imagine how prettyful that would've been (sigh). My deflocked Ribbon is essentially, to me, the Ribbon that I grew up with that Hasbro never made. The SS one is pretty but she's not the pony from my childhood comic stories. SS ponies did not really exist here.

I still need a Lofty to complete the "originals" as I called them as a kid.

I love the SS ponies for what they are, and I collect them as SS ponies, but Ribbon is something Hasbro didn't give me that they advertised and even mentioned on the back of Megan and Sundance's box. And she matches my Baby Ribbon. So, in this case, she is righting a wrong. She is what Hasbro owed UK kids, but didn't deliver :) Not a custom!

I don't know if this is the case with everyone, but when I deflocked Truly and Cupcake, tiny bits of flocking were left--between their hair plugs, stuck in the recess of the neck joint, etc.  It might be possible to fool someone with pictures, but if someone was actually holding the ponies, there's no way they could pass as the "real" versions.  I'm interested to find out if this is the case with other deflockers (or if I just suck, ha ha).

Well, I have some confusion over this myself, because...I have two Trulys. One I know 100% is a proper Pony Friends Truly, brown eyeliner and trustworthy history and all that. The other has black eyeliner but not a trace of flocking on her. I have no idea whether she is or is not authentic, and have no way of proving either way right now. It's not a huge deal, she lives with me at university and so she has become a bit of a mascot in my room, representing my collection - but her original identity remains unknown.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 05:38:39 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2016, 07:00:12 PM »
I've got nothing against it. I used to have a custom Rapunzel because I wasn't a fan of real Rapunzel's pose.

What pose did you have her in, Dragonfly?  I don't suppose you have a picture?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal