collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: price check on 1989 mattel kitty / weird baby unicorn? (2 large images)  (Read 1392 times)

Offline ponyshoes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
so i got two interesting items from my aunt this christmas in a larger lot she found at a thrift shop

one of them being a kitty and the other a unicorn baby with holes in it, i was curious about how much the kitty is worth / and also an id of who or what she is cx also for the baby unicorn, i really like her and i havent seen any other pony like her before so i want to know if she's rare or anything either because she has some cut hair and her mane and tail is permanently crimped in a weird way and i want to know if she's ok to bait for custom. both of their hair looks like its the fading pink and they both seem really pink so if that adds anything to their value/rarity if any?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

((the unicorn's hair looks even worse with my camera cx i swear to god its much softer than it looks, just really crimped o,o))
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 07:41:59 PM by ponyshoes »

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: price check on 1989 hasbro kitty / weird baby unicorn? (2 large images)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 04:08:39 PM »
The unicorn is Drink n' Wet baby. As the name implies, you fed it and then well.. nature took it's coarse lol.
Someone else can give you more info on the cat.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 04:20:15 PM »
Did you say the cat had a Hasbro logo on it?  Because she looks just like the Little Pretty toys made by Mattel.  I think it is the unnamed Little Pretty that came with a a buggy.  She's referred to as Baby Buggy.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 04:57:32 PM »
Super nice pink hair!  Keep her away from sunlight...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 05:16:12 PM »
Yes, the cat is the Little Pretty Kitty that came with the buggy - these were made by Mattel, so if she has a Hasbro stamp, that would be really strange and interesting, haha. I have no idea on a price check for her, though, sorry.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline ponyshoes

• Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 07:41:04 PM »
Yes, the cat is the Little Pretty Kitty that came with the buggy - these were made by Mattel, so if she has a Hasbro stamp, that would be really strange and interesting, haha. I have no idea on a price check for her, though, sorry.

whoops, did i type hasbro?? Cx  i checked again, it's actually mattel. i guess since i was looking at the hasbro stamps on my fairy tail birds and got the two mixed up while i was telling my friend about them and writing this at the same time xD

anyways yeah. i think i managed to fix the baby pony's crimped hair problem but she still has a huge chunk missing. would anyone help tell me if she is okay to bait or not though? i want to take off her head and give her a complete rehair but i dont want to do it if she's a rare or sought after pony first

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 07:49:41 PM »

whoops, did i type hasbro?? Cx  i checked again, it's actually mattel. i guess since i was looking at the hasbro stamps on my fairy tail birds and got the two mixed up while i was telling my friend about them and writing this at the same time xD

anyways yeah. i think i managed to fix the baby pony's crimped hair problem but she still has a huge chunk missing. would anyone help tell me if she is okay to bait or not though? i want to take off her head and give her a complete rehair but i dont want to do it if she's a rare or sought after pony first

haha! I do that kind of thing all the time and always feel really silly after, lol.  :lol:

As for the pony, I don't know if she's sought after particularly, but I personally cringe when people customize G1 anything - there are only so many of them to begin with and especially as people custom them, they're getting less and less.  :huh: I always feel like that's one less G1 pony for people who didn't have that one yet to potentially find for their collections. It's like...if a person can customize it into a totally different pony, it can be restored to itself just as easily. So for her, I'd probably match the original hair color and just rehair that if you wanted to fix the cut mane issue.  :blush:

Offline Melodia

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Eurobeat Pony
    • View Profile
    • My flickr
Re: price check on 1989 mattel kitty / weird baby unicorn? (2 large images)
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 09:06:12 PM »
I love the kitty :) If you decide to sell her please let me know !

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 12:09:33 AM »

haha! I do that kind of thing all the time and always feel really silly after, lol.  :lol:

As for the pony, I don't know if she's sought after particularly, but I personally cringe when people customize G1 anything - there are only so many of them to begin with and especially as people custom them, they're getting less and less.  :huh: I always feel like that's one less G1 pony for people who didn't have that one yet to potentially find for their collections. It's like...if a person can customize it into a totally different pony, it can be restored to itself just as easily. So for her, I'd probably match the original hair color and just rehair that if you wanted to fix the cut mane issue.  :blush:

I don't quite agree with your stance 100%. Like if someone wants to replace a cut section with a different color to make it pop for their own collection I don't see the big deal. It's not like it can't be rehaired later to be more accurate if it ever changes hands.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 12:20:08 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 02:12:19 AM »
This is just my personal opinion . . . I think rehairing is fine since her hair is cut anyway, but I wouldn't alter her body at all (as far as painting, new symbols, etc) because it looks to be in good shape.  I don't think G1s should get "full" customizations unless they're thoroughly trashed.  Just my opinion.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 06:05:43 AM »
This is just my personal opinion . . . I think rehairing is fine since her hair is cut anyway, but I wouldn't alter her body at all (as far as painting, new symbols, etc) because it looks to be in good shape.  I don't think G1s should get "full" customizations unless they're thoroughly trashed.  Just my opinion.

This is my view as well.  Her body looks great and you could totally pop in a new color in the cut portions of the mane or use a matching color if you prefer to restore. 
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 07:09:06 AM »

I probably should have clarified that this is more what I meant - a rehair can be changed back, but a paint cannot. When people mention customizing or call a G1 "bait" though, I get nervous that they mean the full deal, not just a rehair. I only meant *I* would probably just pick the same color to rehair, instead of picking a new color. Not that people shouldn't rehair how they like on their own collections.

Offline ponyshoes

• Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 08:40:58 PM »

This is my view as well.  Her body looks great and you could totally pop in a new color in the cut portions of the mane or use a matching color if you prefer to restore.

yes, this is exactly what i was talking about :) she's super cute already as she is so i don't want to mess wit her too much, i just want to replace her cut hair and match it because otherwise she's perfectly new-looking. also, i have a soft spot for pink-and-purple color scheme ponies. (the 2 favorites of my collection right now are ss twilight + north star! heh)

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 05:56:39 AM »
I love the kitty :) If you decide to sell her please let me know !

Melodia, I'd love to see more pics of your Little Pretties collection!

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 11:21:42 AM »
I personally do feel - your pony, your decision :) As others have said her body looks to be in lovely condition so I would be tempted to just re hair her or keep as is. Baby Noddins is not very pricey - she normally runs about $5
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal