collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILER WARNING!)  (Read 5649 times)

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILER WARNING!)
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 10:36:38 PM »
Spoiler
I have to ask, did anyone else feel like Kylo should keep his mask on at all times after he removed it the first time? It brought too many memories back of Anakin and I was just always thinking, "No, no...no, put it back on there buddy." Plus, with his voice and everything it was just underwhelming to see this fresh faced kid beneath the mask. It was really the only thing that bothered me about the movie.
Spoiler
Oh goodness yes. He is so ugly and so ridiculous and every time he appeared on screen after that it took me out of the whole film. Especially when the first time he takes off his mask the camera spends a whole lot of time focusing on him for a totally pointless scene. It was like he was supposed to be in an awkward comedy movie but somehow wandered onto the Star Wars set instead.

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 12:26:11 AM »
I got heartbroken when one of my favorite characters died and I lost a bit of the story while trying to cope.
Was it by any chance
Spoiler
Han Solo?

Yes.

Pffft-hahahaha! I called it.  :accomplished:

Spoiler
I sooo called it from the beginning, that somebody vital is going to die in a slow, heartbreaking, 'fatal wound' type scene. I even made a bet with my family that it's going to be him. Who else would've been a better candidate, really? Just look at poor Harrison Ford:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

All he wants to do is retire. Being put out of this misery that is Hollywood. :lol:
Okay, I'm done.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 04:50:54 PM »
saw it with my OH charmer (who has seen it 3 times now ) it was good but star trek was better :P

Offline Charmer

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 02:05:33 AM »
I've seen it 3 times already! LOVE the film! Can't wait for the next too. It definitely reminded me of the originals. When you see the Millennium Falcon for the first time and it's being chased by the Tie Fighters, my heart was racing and I had a lump in my throat. It was shot amazingly. BB-8 was so cute also, planning to get one of the iPhone ones myself.

I don't know about anyone else though, but does anyone think that Kylo Ren's actual father is really going to turn out to be Severus Snape? And we'll have some weird and cool cross over, lol. I thought there was more than a resemblance.

marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
marks-redcarpet.freehomepage.com

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 09:19:11 AM »
LOVED!!  Except for that death thing.  The 3d aspect was distracting to me.  Focused/not focused repeat.  Came home with very stiff muscles from not moving. 
Why would Han and Leia name a kid of theirs Ben? 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Charmer

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 09:21:43 AM »
LOVED!!  Except for that death thing.  The 3d aspect was distracting to me.  Focused/not focused repeat.  Came home with very stiff muscles from not moving. 
Why would Han and Leia name a kid of theirs Ben? 

I assumed it was after Obi-Wan as he was known to Luke as Ben. He also helped save Leia.

marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
marks-redcarpet.freehomepage.com

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 09:51:21 AM »
Just seems weird that they picked that rather than a family name that fans would recognize.  Or maybe not. 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 08:26:12 PM »
Awesome movie, I am not up on the story lines after the last movie, to me they are just that story lines.  So was not wondering where other kids or the like where.  Super sad when Han went but at least he went trying to right a wrong.  And just like in the original (well the original I grew up with) a father figure/leader had to die to get someone motivated.  I am looking forward to number 2 and hope to see more of poor Fin, as well as Rey and Po.  I love, love BB8!  I was also thrilled to see R2 D2 come to life, I love that droid.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2015, 12:37:02 AM »
ok this might have been a hoax, but i thought i saw a posting saying that this week only there was a site that was streaming the star wars online for free.
is that bogus?
I saw the 7th movie and i want to rewatch the first 6 before i see it again, but i don't want to buy them right before Christmas on the slim chance i get them.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2015, 07:06:53 AM »
I was SO CONVINCED that there was going to be a twist where it turned out the villain was (a really tall) woman and whose voice was distorted by her helmet.  I was like, "That's why Han wants Rey to be on his crew, she reminds him of his evil daughter!"  Oh well.

I loved the movie, it was great and never suffered from "obvious greenscreen effect".  I do wish they'd used puppetry for the lady who had been keeping Luke's lightsaber;  a little too obviously CGI.

The villain was the only thing I wasn't sold on.  He just seemed . . . whiny.  But maybe that's the point;  he'd like to be Darth Vader, but he's really just a wannabe.  Also I think his broadsword lightsaber is stupid and would make it more likely that he'd stab himself or cut his own hand off.

Villain aside, I really liked and connected with the new characters.  I especially like Finn. 
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2015, 07:40:52 AM »
It premiered on the 16th here...went on the 18th, managed to stay spoiler free.  :lookround:
Still on Cloud Nine and really looking forward to go for a second time ;) BB8 was adorable and I loved the new characters.

Spoiler
My friend actually cursed throughout the entire cinema when Han died.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2015, 08:40:46 AM »
Speculation for future films (possible spoilers?):

Spoiler
My friend thinks Ren (the villain) and Rey will turn out to be twins.  I kind of hope they don't because I feel like Leia and Han would have mentioned it in passing, but at the same time . . . Ren and Rey.  Those are kind of "Newborn Twins" matching names, ha ha.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2015, 06:30:03 AM »
Can i just say i loved it :D Absolutely loved it :D I've seen it three times already ^_^ I just agree with what everyone here has said. It's a return to form. It washed away the bad taste in my mouth the prequels left and reminded me why i love Star Wars so much and why i was so engrossed in the originals as a kid :D

The effects were amazing, but god the characters. The characters stole the movie for me. Rey, Finn and Poe were all amazing that i really can't do any of them justice. And of course BB-8 was adorable (i made a cosplay of him for the midnight showing and got so many people asking me for photos :D) But the stand out for me was Kylo Ren. Oh my god was he amazing. I was so worried he'd be a Vader rip off, but instead he's arrogant and whiny and throws tantrums and god are they brilliant. This is what Anakin should have been like in the prequels. He's not a full villain yet. As in the first movies we watched Luke become a hero, i like that in this one we're watching someone become a villain. He's just so awesome :D (i could literally gush about him all day lol XD)

Kanchii

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2015, 07:16:56 AM »
I was super impressed with the Force Awakens. Pleasantly surprised, really - and that hasn't happened in a while. I liked that they tried to make it feel more like the original trilogy, they did a good job imo. The effects were good. I liked most of the characters.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2015, 06:35:29 PM »
I watched the original trilogy as a kid and my entire family was so excited for this movie, we could't stop discussing it for days, I absolutely loved it!

Spoiler
The Starkiller Base destroying the Hosnian system was one of the most genuinely horrifying scenes I've ever seen in a movie. It sent chills down my spine.

I loved the special effects, and the practical effects, that bird creature pecking cracks me up though. :P

I've seen people complaining about the movie practically being a remake A New Hope. I don't agree, but even so those who do could see it as history repeating itself instead of being pessimistic.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal