collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WAHHH!!! An entire claw machine filled with MY LITTLE PONY?!!  (Read 5684 times)

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
WAHHH!!! An entire claw machine filled with MY LITTLE PONY?!!
« on: December 10, 2015, 08:29:55 PM »
This is downright the most despicable, awful, cruelest thing I've ever seen in a Walmart game room. An ENTIRE claw filled with delightful, adorable, snuggable genuine My Little Pony plushies BUT it's a Plush Bus by NAMCO which are notoriously rigged and thus nearly impossible to win!!
:drunk: :yikes: :drunk:

I've had horrible experiences with NAMCO claws in the past and avoid them like the plague unless they have  1) Hello Kitty or 2) My Little Pony.  I know I should just WALK AWAY but I can't resist testing my 'skill' (which it's not really skill at all if it's totally rigged and a rip off!) and pray to the pony gods that I might just get lucky and be able to drag one into the chute and knock one in but it usually ends in a tragic tale of woe and my pocket book noticeably lighter.  :cloud:  I was determined however, on the last venture I made to that wretched, evil claw. There was something in the air that morning, I could just feel that things were about to turn my way and maybe, just maybe I'd have a bit more luck than before.  :whoa:

Upon first approach to the Claw, this is what one sees... a colorful array of tempting pony plush that are unwinnable unless some miracle occurs which rarely happens at all but we can only hope and dream!  :lookround:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I realize that the sole purpose of these machines is to rob you of all your money and crush your soul and dreams of ever acquiring the cuteness afforded within--- indeed, this is usually the way it goes with most of these prize redemption machines. HOWEVER, this particular brand has a LONG TRACK HISTORY of being notoriously weak with over sized claws that don't even close all the way and are flimsy as all get out and just no fair play in general. I wouldn't recommend even playing the Plush Bus kinds unless you have a LOT of money, time and patience because every once in awhile.... if you are very lucky and not to mention persistent... 

YOU EVENTUALLY SCORE AN EPIC WIN!!!  :happy: :frolic: :frolic: :happy:

I had absolutely no luck the first two days I tried but on the third and final day (I'd decided already if I didn't win anything that day I WAS DONE and NO MORE!! :P )  I finally got SUPER LUCKY and managed to win this handsome lil fellow right here.... not a pony but a pony friend!

:glitter: Yep, it's baby dragon SPIKE!!!!  :glitter:   He was the plush I wanted over all as there were only two or three of him in the entire machine but TONS of all the mane six ponies so I felt that made him even more special. He's SO adorable and I love him so much. :lovey:
But I vowed never to attempt that infernal machine again tempting as it may be because I don't want to press my luck and attempt in vain to try and win again from this blasted thing. Once was good enough for me! :silly: :silly: :silly:

I hope you enjoyed my claw adventure. This was the first time I'd seen pony plush in a machine since the Nanco plush from like 2006 so it's been well over due! :P
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 08:36:22 PM by SunnyDazeAhead »
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: WAHHH!!! An entire claw machine filled with MY LITTLE PONY?!!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 08:36:43 PM »
Spike is so cute! Nice win!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 08:44:30 PM »
Thanks! I think he's just the most precious thing ever. I have the baby talking spike but this one is more cuddly and cuter to me. It was a labor of love for certain trying to get him out of there but I emerged victorious in the end. He was coming home with me one way or another hehe :silly:
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 10:11:03 PM »
There was an all-pony claw machine at the local boardwalk last I checked... don't remember if it's the same brand/model, should go check sometime. Very neat!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 11:29:36 PM »
OMG! I havnt played a claw machine game since I went to Disney World! My dad was absolute boss at those things!!!! I will have to check Walmarts around here more carefully because I just need that Spike! :heart: congrats!

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 11:39:55 PM »
Oh man how cool! This is only the second time I've seen MLP items in a claw machine, but never an all MLP machine! So awesome you got Spike, I've yet to ever get anything from one of those ><
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 12:48:47 PM »
What a sweet victory, I am so glad you won the Spike you wanted!  :biggrin:
I saw an all pony claw machine earlier this year but I never play them, just admire the cute plushies inside and consider whether I can buy them on eBay lol.

The last time I played a machine was in my teens. My BFF played one as a joke and immediately won a teddy bear first try... So I spent about $20 (10 tries?) to win an identical teddy. :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 01:02:13 PM »
Well done!!!

Jules x

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 02:01:54 PM »
Oh man how cool! This is only the second time I've seen MLP items in a claw machine, but never an all MLP machine! So awesome you got Spike, I've yet to ever get anything from one of those ><

This same Walmart had ALL HELLO KITTY last year and I went bonkers bananas trying to win from it. It's REALLY not 'skill' at all if they set it up so that you lose almost every time but once in awhile you DO get lucky. I only got Spike because I raked him over into a better position using the claw prongs and then when it lowered, Spike's chubby lil body got wedged inside the claw rather than actually picking him up. That's the ONLY way to win on these machines since they have SUCH a huge gap that if you try for smaller plush it won't close all the way or the prize just slips right out. SO FRUSTRATING but SO EXHILARATING when you finally win and DEFEAT THE EVIL CLAW!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I saw an all pony claw machine earlier this year but I never play them, just admire the cute plushies inside and consider whether I can buy them on eBay lol.

The last time I played a machine was in my teens. My BFF played one as a joke and immediately won a teddy bear first try... So I spent about $20 (10 tries?) to win an identical teddy. :P

Unless the machine is set up $1 per play, it's usually .50 cents per try. $5 gives you 10 tries and $10 gives you 20. I think this go around it took me $7.50 or so but I was completely happy with that as I've been known to spend ALOT more. I'm totally addicted to these kinds of games. It's a sickness, really haha but it gets even MORE intense if it's a PONY MACHINE!!! :drunk:  I've played claws my entire life since I was a little kid and on the machines (Sugar Loaf is the best brand to play as they are skill based and not rigged) and I have an entire room full of bags of plush to show for it. I sell them on ebay or I trade with all clawing enthusiasts. Sometimes we trade for plush we could never win ourselves so it works out pretty well that way. There is a small clawing community on youtube that posts videos about our love of gaming. One guy from PA in particular, Matt3756 has like over 200k subscribers and he's SUPER OBSESSED with the game. I have my own channel too but I haven't even reached 500 subscribers yet, but I'm really, really close! :whoa:  If anyone is interested in looking at some of my clawing attempts/wins/ plush hauls my user id on YouTube is :glitter: Teri Claws! :glitter: :heart:

Thanks for all the congrats! I really wanted to win Spike because this machine was only in the Walmart in my hometown and I've since moved away from there so I wouldn't have found him anywhere else! :yikes:
I slept with him last night and he's super cuddly so I'm over the moon to have won him. :lovey:  When I first saw his sweet little face I was like "I NEED THAT IN MY LIFE RIGHT MEOW"  Hahahahaha :silly:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:14:49 PM by SunnyDazeAhead »

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 03:08:24 PM »

This same Walmart had ALL HELLO KITTY last year and I went bonkers bananas trying to win from it. It's REALLY not 'skill' at all if they set it up so that you lose almost every time but once in awhile you DO get lucky. I only got Spike because I raked him over into a better position using the claw prongs and then when it lowered, Spike's chubby lil body got wedged inside the claw rather than actually picking him up. That's the ONLY way to win on these machines since they have SUCH a huge gap that if you try for smaller plush it won't close all the way or the prize just slips right out. SO FRUSTRATING but SO EXHILARATING when you finally win and DEFEAT THE EVIL CLAW!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Unless the machine is set up $1 per play, it's usually .50 cents per try. $5 gives you 10 tries and $10 gives you 20. I think this go around it took me $7.50 or so but I was completely happy with that as I've been known to spend ALOT more. I'm totally addicted to these kinds of games. It's a sickness, really haha but it gets even MORE intense if it's a PONY MACHINE!!! :drunk:  I've played claws my entire life since I was a little kid and on the machines (Sugar Loaf is the best brand to play as they are skill based and not rigged) and I have an entire room full of bags of plush to show for it. I sell them on ebay or I trade with all clawing enthusiasts. Sometimes we trade for plush we could never win ourselves so it works out pretty well that way. There is a small clawing community on youtube that posts videos about our love of gaming. One guy from PA in particular, Matt3756 has like over 200k subscribers and he's SUPER OBSESSED with the game. I have my own channel too but I haven't even reached 500 subscribers yet, but I'm really, really close! :whoa:  If anyone is interested in looking at some of my clawing attempts/wins/ plush hauls my user id on YouTube is :glitter: Teri Claws! :glitter: :heart:

Thanks for all the congrats! I really wanted to win Spike because this machine was only in the Walmart in my hometown and I've since moved away from there so I wouldn't have found him anywhere else! :yikes:
I slept with him last night and he's super cuddly so I'm over the moon to have won him. :lovey:  When I first saw his sweet little face I was like "I NEED THAT IN MY LIFE RIGHT MEOW"  Hahahahaha :silly:

The games stress me out and make me angry, I'd like to watch someone like you who knows what you're doing. :)

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 06:28:22 AM »
Lol believe me even if you know what you are doing and it's an unfair play machine it stresses me out and makes me furious too but I get stubborn and determined to win. That's when it takes you a lot more money than you originally intended to spend. :drunk: It's totally worth it though if it's a plushie that I REALLY wanted. :silly:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 08:11:31 AM »
Honestly most claws now are either, random, or have a pay out rate THEY SUCK!!!   :enraged: :enraged: :enraged:

They were called skill cranes for a reason, still cool you won though.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 11:05:16 AM »
Beeeeeeee the craaaane.

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 01:04:41 PM »
I have a friend who is wicked boss at claw machines - any machine he played on, he'd win something EVERY time.  I'm not a fan of the licensed G4 plush, because their hair and faces half the time just make them look like fakies to me, but that Spike is pretty cute ><

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 06:00:09 PM »
oh hooooooo another claw machine to conquer!~ I tend to win at these rather well XD I still shake my fist at the iPad that I NARROWLY missed in the scissor game. pooniiees xD
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal