collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What If MLP 'n Friends Had 65 More Episodes  (Read 2571 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What If MLP 'n Friends Had 65 More Episodes
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2015, 08:27:41 AM »
An episode about the TAFs would be awesome, I love that set.  But they would be hellish to hand-animate . . . too much symbol, LOL.  So maybe story would involve their minds getting transferred into, I dunno, inanimate objects or something?  (Via magic, of course!)  And they would have to go on a quest to stop an evil wizard (is there any other kind in Ponyland?) from destroying their bodies or something?  Or maybe the wizard would take away their symbols (the way the baby ponies lost their shadows in the Bright Lights episode) and they'd have to regain them?

It would've been great if the new flutter ponies (Tropical Breeze etc) had shown up.  They could've done an anti-prejudice episode . . . Like, at first some of the "flower" flutter ponies didn't want to associate with the new flutter ponies because the new flutters had a different way of life that they found "weird".  Rosedust's flutter ponies were all about the sun, maybe the other flutters were nocturnal and worshiped the moon or something.  If they lived on an island or in a bay then the moon would be a big deal, since it controls the tides.

Or flutters vs Summer/Windy Wing ponies in terms of territory, that would've worked too.

They also didn't even try to do TAF symbols, considering Scoops, so I bet they'd have nixed that. Besides, there are those extra eps - it's called MLP Tales ;)

I'm actually glad it ended where it did, though. Like with Jem (which ended in 1988), the series had run its course I think by the time it was withdrawn. The fact that most of the eps centred around the same cluster of ponies was unfortunate, because it meant that more time wasn't spent on earlier characters like Powder etc - but I don't regret that they didn't try to animate beyond 1988.

That said, I never watched MLP eps much as a kid, except the 4 I had on VHS, so I guess I don't have the same feel for them as those of you guys who watched them on TV. I had my comics ;) and that was enough.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 10:18:49 PM »
I would like to see an episode with the Candy Cane, Sundae Best, and  Sweetberry ponies. It'll also be nice to revisit the Princess Ponies and getting to know the 2nd set of Princess ponies.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 06:20:55 AM »
How about a well-done Christmas special! It could have become a classic that generations watch year after year, like Rudolph and the Peanuts.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:24:08 AM by ponyqueen »

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 08:23:35 AM »
How about a well-done Christmas special! It could have become a classic that generations watch yer after year, like Rudolph and the Peanuts.
True that, I just watched 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' and it wasn't as Christmas-y as I expected it to be. 'A Very Minty Christmas' was better.

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 10:10:11 AM »
How about a well-done Christmas special! It could have become a classic that generations watch yer after year, like Rudolph and the Peanuts.
True that, I just watched 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' and it wasn't as Christmas-y as I expected it to be. 'A Very Minty Christmas' was better.
I understand where you are coming from, Lore-Lei, the episode isn't really a holiday special though, it's just more of an adventure involving Ponyland being in a deep freeze. Although 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' is better from a quality standpoint, 'A Very Minty Christmas' is perfection by G3 standards and is better if it is a Christmas/holiday special you are looking for.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:14:29 AM by Deep Purple Crystal »

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 10:48:19 AM »
I would have loved to have seen other pony kingdoms shown. A kingdom in the stars where the Sparkle Ponies as well as the Glow 'n Show Ponies live would have been really neat. An underwater kingdom where the Sea Ponies and even Fancy Mermaid Ponies lived. Some kind of tropical paradise where the Tropical Ponies and second set of Flutter Ponies lived.

Expanding on the world building of Ponyland would have been such fun. Also would have opened up new villains for each area too. I mean some crazed wizard creature that was stealing the stars / blacking them out in the star kingdom. Maybe there was something like the kraken wrecking havoc in the underwater kingdom. Perhaps there was a powerful voodoo doctor in the tropical kingdom enchanting everyone into being their slaves.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2016, 12:09:09 PM »
I think an episode that focused on the sea pones would be interesting. Maybe there's an underwater kingdom that no other pony knows about and the Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies live there. One day a pony falls in the water but is able to breathe because of a bubble and sees the Watercolor Babies for the first time.

I also think episodes featuring the Sparkle ponies and Sundae Best Ponies would be fun.

Ponyfan

Yes!! 

It would have been great to intro the Wingers.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2016, 12:35:39 PM »
This is a fun thread! I'd like to see an episode with some of the much later sets, like the colorswirl ponies! It would also have been cool to see some of the pony friends, and maybe even the "pets" like My Little Puppy? Maybe also more venturing into the human world like they did in the books...

Ooh, or an episode based on "Glory the Magic Unicorn" where she encounters (*gasp*) an evil wizard!

And how about an episode explaining those little aliens from the Ballerina play set (blanking on the name right now)?

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2016, 11:34:50 PM »
I would have liked to have seen an episode with the magic message ponies. Their symbols could be unleash special powers when they change (Cuddles-healing power, Windy-power over nature & the elements, Cloud Dreamer-good fortune).

I also would have like to have seen the other TEs: Bright Eyes, Tic-Tac-Toe, Speedy, Sweet Pop & Sky Rocket

An adventure set on a different planet would have been cool.

Also a story that had both Tirek & Lavan would have been great.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: What If MLP \'n Friends Had 65 More Episodes
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2016, 07:17:20 AM »
Introducing the other three Big Brothers, in fact, more episodes with Big Brothers and the Mountain Boys too.

Bringing back the original crew would be good. Maybe the Tropical ponies?

Post Merge: April 07, 2016, 07:18:14 AM

I would have liked to have seen an episode with the magic message ponies. Their symbols could be unleash special powers when they change (Cuddles-healing power, Windy-power over nature & the elements, Cloud Dreamer-good fortune).

I also would have like to have seen the other TEs: Bright Eyes, Tic-Tac-Toe, Speedy, Sweet Pop & Sky Rocket

Well considering that Tirek got incinerated
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2016, 09:50:02 AM »
If they had done 65 more episodes, I think they would have either moved the focus to a different part of Ponyland or quietly "disappeared" Wind Whistler, Fizzy, etc, at some point.  The purpose was to advertise toys, so not on the shelves = not in the show.

Hopefully it would mean no more Potato Head Kids segments for the "Friends" part.  Those were terrible.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2016, 01:36:09 PM »
Oh man, I can just imagine how huge the rotating cast would get as the cartoon continued as more ponies were rolled out! Can you imagine the Sweetheart Sister ponies in MLP n Friends? Or the Wingers? :D
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2016, 02:33:15 PM »
If they had done 65 more episodes, I think they would have either moved the focus to a different part of Ponyland or quietly "disappeared" Wind Whistler, Fizzy, etc, at some point.  The purpose was to advertise toys, so not on the shelves = not in the show.
Or perhaps they would have released the Movie Star versions globally in Year 6.  Ironically, it was getting rid of old characters they were no longer selling that sunk Transformers and G.I. Joe and dragged MLP and Jem down with them.

1987 was probably the best place for the media to end.  So much was ended in that year, and MY Little Pony was a much different brand from that point forward (like the irritating "My Little Pony Mommy" jingle replacing the classic fanfare).
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2016, 04:07:03 PM »
Introducing the other three Big Brothers, in fact, more episodes with Big Brothers and the Mountain Boys too.

Bringing back the original crew would be good. Maybe the Tropical ponies?

Post Merge: April 07, 2016, 07:18:14 AM

Well considering that Tirek got incinerated

He did and Lavan got destroyed, but it would have been great to see 2 of MLP's darkest villains join forces.

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2016, 03:57:24 PM »
I'd like to see an episode based on
Big brother ponies..I would like to see them
In more episodes.
I'd like see a episode with Barnacle, salty, mimmic,
Tropical ponies, sea ponie. In a episode about pirates.
:accomplished:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal