collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any first hand experience fixing tail rust?  (Read 1380 times)

RainbowQuartz

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Any first hand experience fixing tail rust?
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2016, 02:53:53 PM »
The only way my ponies will be sold is if I die and my kids don't want them, so I'm not worried about resale. When there is rust I replace all metal bits with zip ties and I throw out the rusty stuff. I can see working on saving them if you plan to sell, but I don't. I'd rather not have to worry about future rust issues (I do have three kids and there is no guarantee that my ponies won't end up dunked in water at some point lol.) The pony I posted this about has a new tail now because nothing I did saved his original one.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Any first hand experience fixing tail rust?
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2016, 04:04:46 PM »

Also...I would try and rescue the washer you threw away if you were going to sell the pony on, a new owner may hope to have that included. :)

There are people who like to keep rusty old washers? I plan to replace all the washers/clamps on my ponies with zip ties as well, but ponies I sell or trade I don't touch - I figure the new owner can fix them up how they like. It makes more sense to me, though, to replace metal with plastic where you can, to avoid the potential for rust development later on.

Hehehe.. I think what Cat is meaning is that some like to keep everything original on / in the pony. If washer is rusty then they can try to save it and put it back in pony.  ^.^

Yup - exactly what Sweet Stuff has said :)

The washers are perfectly cleanable as well - they can be cleaned up and most of the rust removed from them with patience. You will be surprised by the amount of people who put value in having something as original as possible. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal