collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Customizing Questions (On Hair and Sealants)  (Read 342 times)

Offline StarlightFrost

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
Customizing Questions (On Hair and Sealants)
« on: December 04, 2015, 09:55:52 PM »
Heya,
I was wondering about the best places to get genuine nylon hair/ MLP nylon that ships relatively quick? I'd love to order from DH, but a lot of their colors are sold out. And RetrodollUS is also an option, but the majority of the colors are pre-orders that will evidently take at least a month to arrive.

I'm getting my first bait lot on Monday, and I am really excited to fix them up. A number of them need new hair, and I am hoping to get started as soon as I can, so I was wondering if there was another place I could order from? Or perhaps even buy from someone here?
(And I can get from retrodollUS if needed, but i wanted to check first.)

Also! I am going to be experimenting on some of the baity baits. I was thinking of coloring and drawing on ponies with watercolor pencils and pastels. Not sure if anyone's done that before, or if it will work at all. But since I don't like working with paints much, I thought I'd give it a go.

Though, I am wondering if G1s (and all the gens, really) will react poorly to Mr. Super Clear? That's what I am planning on for my sealant and primer.

Thanks!

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
Re: Customizing Questions (On Hair and Sealants)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 07:14:41 AM »
If you're wanting it faster then go with Doll Planet if they have the colors you want. You maybe could get it the fastest there or from RetroDolls. Not Monday fast, but maybe Tuesday. Order now from Dollyhair and it will be Wednesday or Thursday with how mail has been running.  :pout:  All three are good choices though. Filter RetroDolls by Lowest price and there's a good selection of in stock hair and tinsel.

I remember someone doing a G1 boy with pastels for one of the Winter Swaps in the last couple of years. He was gorgeous and natural looking.  :heart: :dribble: :heart:

No clue on the sealant though. I've always used either Mod Podge or Testors Dulcote. Depends on which I find.
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
Re: Customizing Questions (On Hair and Sealants)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 07:25:41 PM »
I've seen several customizers mention using Mr. Super Clear, so I don't think it causes any problems.

I ordered hair from The Doll Planet last weekend, and it shipped pretty fast.  I just finished rehairing a pony with some of what I got.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal